cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

suep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The walmart employee skipped over the referral questions and mods would not / could not add it after the fact.

Quinte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First thing I would check would be the phone setting for number of rings before going to voice mail.

John_Hey

I got two SIM cards yesterday from Walmart in Toronto ($20 talk plan) with $0 for sims and guy in Walmart told me that it is eligible for $20 credit. (both new numbers not port)

However, I have big problem. both lines can make outgoing calls but incoming calls end up to voicemail %95 of time. both phones are in same location with full antenna bars.

so anyone tries to call it goes to voicemail directly. 

both phones are unlocked "samsung galaxy core lte"

what is the problem? @CS_Agent

@crystalholtby78 wrote:

so it did work the mod are say it not abel any more

Where was this said?

crystalholtby78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

so it did work the mod are say it not abel any more

JFF

register online account, and you'll see the credit in your payment section.

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations. Welcome to the club

JFF

Just got it done today! Went to Walmart, pick up a SIM card, fill out infomation, and immediately I can use it. Great! 

whyphy123

crystalholtby78

the mod is say it not able anay more

@crystalholtby78

You could order a PM SIM card online or purchase one offline (at Walmart, WOW! Mobile, or K-Mobile).  You'll need to pay for the first 30/90 days of your plan upfront (PM is all prepaid, cash or credit card or payment voucher), these promo credits are added to your account after activation (so they basically get used up on your next billing cycle).  You'll need a valid email address (to login to Self-Serve and this community forum).  You'll need an unlocked phone compatible with the PM/Telus network (and happily, any device which is hardware compatible with any other Canadian 3G/4G network is also hardware compatible with the Telus 3G/4G network).

Always read PM's first post in these promo announcement threads to learn the details.

This particular promo must be activated at a Walmart location and is only available to new customers until June 30, 2018.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-you-activ...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-only-500MB-30-day-Bonus-Da...

PM also offers other promos and plans (and a flexible build-your-own-plan calculator) which can probably get you more for less than your existing $70 Bell plan, lol.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

crystalholtby78

i am thing of swicth from bell to public mobile pay 70 doalrl for localing calling how do i get the free p[lana nd sim card at walamrt i went there today and they said they dont offer this for the free plana nd simcard

HereIsNow

I had no issues with setting up the plan at Walmart in West Kelowna, BC. The one sales associate was unfamilar with the Public Mobile deal but his co-worker knew about it and helped him set it up for me. I wasn't charged for the SIM, only charged for the basic $10 plan and got my $20 credit a few days later. By then I was satisified with the coverage and wanted data so I switched to the $40 plan using the $20 credit, ported my number from Rogers using the online form on this site and I was all set. So far it's been all good, thanks!

mminer

This is awesome.  

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi johnjzren!

Thank you for your comment! Once you activate your Talk and data plan at Walmart the credit is automatically credited to your Public Mobile account within 72 hours!

Have a great day! 😉

Celsina 

vuhoang

I just sent a PM to the Moderator_Team. They needed to know my phone number and 4 digit pin code. 

johnjzren

How can I get credit ?

John

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mills 

1) Call another Walmart and inquire if they sell Public Mobile SIM cards or not. There are two Walmart stores in Saint John, NB

2)You can order SIM card online (will cost you $10) then go to Walmart and ask them to activate SIM card for you; then you would be eligible for $20 account credit.

Talk+Text plans only! With no Data included, which can be changed after credit received.

mills

Hi,

I want to be a part of Public Mobile. I am a newcomer to Canada.

I am in Saint John and asked McAllister Mall Walmart to purchase SIM. But they refused that we are not selling any SIM cards here.

Please help if I order online then I am not eligible for offer or advise what to do?

LEGO

@sa7375 

Walmart, SIM activate + pick plan (Talk+Text plans only! With no Data included, which can be changed after credit received), Self-Serve account created at the time of SIM activation. All additional discounts available and eligible!

P.S. If you need a referral, I will send you my number by Private Message. Thank you! Woman Happy

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do I understand this correctly that in order to avail this plan a new subscriber should:

1. Create a PM account online and choose a 30/90 day plan
  2. Go to Walmart, pick up the SIM and activate it right there
  3. The new subscriber will be eligible for all discounts like auto-pay etc in addition to the free SIM and $20 promotion.

I'll appreciate someone confirming my interpretation. Thanks

@dougribbleCat LOLCat LOLCat LOL

I nearly choked on the Koodo does not have issues comment

@dougribble wrote:

if they cant properly do a promotion of this size What else cant they handle? Seems you get what you pay for. Kodoo doesnt have these issues

smp99

Not a scam - everyone got the credit, except you. By design.

dougribble

j

dougribble

if they cant properly do a promotion of this size What else cant they handle? Seems you get what you pay for. Kodoo doesnt have these issues

@emad_akhtar

@dougribble

I'm guessing you won't get the credit unless you request it by contacting the PM mods.  I doubt you're being ripped off, they're just not aware you qualify for the credit ... it seems that no automatic system is in place (and it seems that promo credit activated through Walmart is very hit or miss).

Maybe you will be ripped off and lose your twenty bucks, I don't know, but you should at least make the effort to communicate with the company reps before accusing them of fraud.

dougribble

looks like you got ripped off by these guys also !

dougribble

I bought over 2 weeks ago no credit !! RIPPED OFF !!!

LEGO

@emad_akhtar You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

emad_akhtar

I got the free SIM from Wal-Mart and they told me that my account will be credited with 20$ within 72 hours. But its more than 10 day I didn't receive the credit.

I need help!

Need Help? Let's chat.