cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 16, 2018: These plans are now expired.

Update: Effective September 4th, 2018, the $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed plan includes Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and the U.S. See FAQ for details.

Hey Community,

Now, for a limited time only, get 6 GB at 3G speed for $45 or get 8 GB at 3G speed for $50!

Plan details:

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and the U.S.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happened to the previous “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 6 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $45 for 6 GB plan, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $45 for 5.5 GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” plan.

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I already purchased the previous “$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my plan automatically update to include Unlimited Talk to the U.S.?

No, it will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the new $50 for 8 GB plan, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

231 REPLIES 231

Now that the supposed October 15th deadline has passed, I highly doubt these plans are going anywhere.  As of this morning in Toronto, newspapers are still running Chatr ads offering a $50 8GB plan.  So, if this offered really has expired, I fully expect it to be back within the next couple of days.

@RobertQc wrote:

These offers will expire on October 15th, 2018 at 11:59 EDT. 

FINALLY

Give me something new for $25, $30 or $35 and something in the 90 day range. Gogogogo!

@RobertQc, these are what dreams are made of unfortunately.  They have given up on the 90 day plans because customers don't understand them.  Carriers have little appetite to sell plans for less than $40.  I would be all over a plan that has talk, text and 2GB data for $25.  I use about 3GB per month, but I can learn to go on a data diet. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Willbell wrote:

Wow what the hell i just became a customer hasn't even been a month switched from chatr and am now regretting doing so f

Your fine. They should say the expiry for new signups is coming to and end but if you have the plan you can keep it don't worry. We are on plans from 2016

@Willbell, you will be able to keep your plan as you registered prior to the offer being ended as of October 15 end of day Eastern Time.  Your plan is yours, until you decide to change.

Pblic Mobile has on’y advosed that if customers want these plans, the must change or lock the change in now.  

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Willbell wrote:

Wow what the hell i just became a customer hasn't even been a month switched from chatr and am now regretting doing so f

When I saw this, my first thought was that Willbell thinks customers on these plans will be thrown off them. I don't know for sure if that's what Willbell thinks, but I do think it would be a good addition to the OP in each announcement to say "customers currently on these plans will continue on them for the foreseeable future, Oct 15 is just the last day you can sign up or switch" or some similar announcement.

I'm assuming they won't throw me off $40/4.5GB since they haven't mentioned that happening, but not everyone will necessarily be as confident in PM. 🙂

=aw

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Willbell wrote:

I agree with @Anonymous, an unusal statement without any preview as to what the problem is.

If you need help with something please start a new topic and there are heaps of users willing to try and help you sort it out, but we need to know what the problem is first.

With a little detective work, @Willbell had 2 posts.  One on this thread and the other post was posted 1.5 months ago. S/he cannot access to the registered email.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Active-a-new-sim-on-a-current-account/m-p/267215

@Willbell wrote:

I agree with @Anonymous, an unusal statement without any preview as to what the problem is.

If you need help with something please start a new topic and there are heaps of users willing to try and help you sort it out, but we need to know what the problem is first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Willbell wrote:

Wow. A quick rant with no actual substance and then incomplete.

So...uh...what's happening?

Willbell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K wrote:

Update as of October 10, 2018: These offers will expire on October 15th, 2018 at 11:59 EDT. 

I take it as a given that the Oct 15 deadline is signing up for these plans, not for keeping them, but I figure I'd better check. I'm very tempted by the $50 one (currently on $40/4.5GB), I don't need another 3.5GB and I don't need calling to US, certainly not for $10. But somehow getting both for $10 is appealing (though I don't actually _need_ either, I know I said that already :).

=aw

These offers will expire on October 15th, 2018 at 11:59 EDT. 

FINALLY

Give me something new for $25, $30 or $35 and something in the 90 day range. Gogogogo!

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Fryzone at your selfserve account ,select ( plan add-on ) next ( change plan )

Fryzone

How can I switch over to the 6 gigabyte plan if I am already a public mobile customer?

DianneFowler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yippee for you and for me 🙂

I just joined this week and so far I love it too.

Immy1234

This deal is why I joined Public Mobile. I have just completed my first month and LOVE Public Mobile.

DianneFowler

I love PUBLIC MOBILE.  You ROCK great promos !

fonzy35
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Lorna152 wrote:

I find that 4.5 gb for 35 dollars is enough for a month. Esp if you don't do a lot of online searching or games when your not on your home WiFi. 

@Lorna1524.5GB for $35? I am blind. Where do you see this?

She probably talking about koodo

Dunkgirl

@Lorna152 wrote:

I find that 4.5 gb for 35 dollars is enough for a month. Esp if you don't do a lot of online searching or games when your not on your home WiFi. 

@Lorna1524.5GB for $35? I am blind. Where do you see this?

Lorna152

krzcnck

Just signed me and the husband up for the 8 gb for $50 over the weekend, so far so good, we were originally on the 10gb for $60 with Telus and paying extra for texts to the US, my husband is happy that this plan includes calling and texting to the US for $15 dollars less

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chanty wrote:

If I am on the $40 plan which is supposed to be for 4.5 GB  although my plan shows I only get 4 GB after pressing the change plan option.   I got a msg saying I have used 95% of my data already 

Can I upgrade for additional data by paying only $5 more now ?  

no you to renew data you either need to ask a mod to renew your plan early, you can do an immideate plan change or you can buy a data addon.

Chanty

If I am on the $40 plan which is supposed to be for 4.5 GB  although my plan shows I only get 4 GB after pressing the change plan option.   I got a msg saying I have used 95% of my data already 

Can I upgrade for additional data by paying only $5 more now ?  

Mike

I upgrade to the 8Gb plan, , what settings should the APN have?

GreatCanadian

@Mike wrote:

I have 8 go plan but I can not browser internet

Is this a newly activated plan? Check APN settings.

Is this an already active plan that was working? You may have used all your data.

GC

Mike

I have 8 go plan but I can not browser internet

crazycolby

great options!

@Aprime Active now and see what happens.Smiley Happy

Aprime

Sure hoping those plans aren't disappearing tonight! I just got my SIM cards in the mail tonight. Makes me anxious. 😮

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker: It looks like the up front plan info has changed. Your Change Plan #2 footnote is still the old one you found. So...progress. 🙂

It feels like an eternity since this promotion was introduced we need to freshen things up please.

When are we going to get some $25-30 promotions... or something 90 day? Maybe some $10-15 deals for @Anonymous

This is supposed to be a pay less service, but most of the promotions are targeted for higher cost / large data customers which a lot of us are not here for. I could definitly get a lot more referrals with a wider range of promotions.

Need Help? Let's chat.