cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 16, 2018: These plans are now expired.

Update: Effective September 4th, 2018, the $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed plan includes Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and the U.S. See FAQ for details.

Hey Community,

Now, for a limited time only, get 6 GB at 3G speed for $45 or get 8 GB at 3G speed for $50!

Plan details:

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and the U.S.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happened to the previous “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 6 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $45 for 6 GB plan, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $45 for 5.5 GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” plan.

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I already purchased the previous “$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my plan automatically update to include Unlimited Talk to the U.S.?

No, it will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the new $50 for 8 GB plan, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

231 REPLIES 231

smp99

Does “offer” response work regardless of whether or not you have marketing  messages from PM turned off

Response back from the Mods.

If you text offer, and nothing comes back, you were not included in the targeted group.

Nothing mentioned about potential of being the victim of a stolen offer by another customer.

@Degus222 wrote:

and I joined two days before 😞

If you want one of these plans, you can future-date a plan change so that the new plan takes effect at the start of the next billing cycle. These 2 promotional plans are available to all existing customers.

Degus222
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

and I joined two days before 😞

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pray wrote:

Hi, 

I was told to address the public forum about the error in Account Billing and Plan. 

I've signed up and paid for the $45 Plan (6G Data) - paid total of $50.85 (with new $10 sim card). However, when I signed into my online account it says my plan is the $40 (3G Data).

Hence, I relentlessly called the store, where I had signed up for Public Mobile PlanThus, and they said they could not refund nor help me - only to post my problem on this community forum? Thus, does anyone know who I should speak to? Thus, to correct my plan or at least credit me for the error?

If not, I guess I was cheated by this cellular company - frustrated and disappointed.

Private messages to the MOD_Team there will take of you, don't worry, you found the right home, grab a beer and relax

Pray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I was told to address the public forum about the error in Account Billing and Plan. 

I've signed up and paid for the $45 Plan (6G Data) - paid total of $50.85 (with new $10 sim card). However, when I signed into my online account it says my plan is the $40 (3G Data).

Hence, I relentlessly called the store, where I had signed up for Public Mobile PlanThus, and they said they could not refund nor help me - only to post my problem on this community forum? Thus, does anyone know who I should speak to? Thus, to correct my plan or at least credit me for the error?

If not, I guess I was cheated by this cellular company - frustrated and disappointed.

jwds1978
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Went from CA/US calling, international texting, and 2GB data for $72 to CA calling, international texting, and 8GB data for $50.  While I do call the US, I use data more heavily.  Even with either of the long distance add-ons, it's still cheaper and offers more data than what I had before.  Smiley Very Happy

Wonder_why

@danlee wrote:

Maybe PM should "Match Koodoo" plans to keep PM customers happy so as they will stay with PM.  

Nah, PM want to kick exsiting customers out to Koodo 

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is an unbelievable plan,unlimited calling,unlimited text and picture messaging and 6 gigs of data for only $45. Jump on this deal quick!!!!

danlee

Maybe PM should "Match Koodoo" plans to keep PM customers happy so as they will stay with PM.  

Christal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would love to see these plans with LTE speed!

Maybe 4GB on LTE for 45$ ? Smiley Happy

Or make it an Add-On?

Then you could choose whether you prefer more Gigs or better speed!Smiley Very Happy

Wonder_why

@JL9 wrote:

The migration promo is almost too good lol

Hahhhhh MIGRATION PROMO OFFER  blown your face Cat Happy

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The migration promo is almost too good lol

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luckee7

Please note that plan change from a high $ amount plan to lower $ amount plan on renewal date will fail.  This a known issue.  But you can do a plan change a few days before your renewal date to avoid no service for couple of days while waiting for moderator to fix the problem.

justinbeaudoin

You know I don't get the games they play. 

Basically in Canada we have...

Telus >>  Koodo >> Public

Rogers  >> Fido  >> Chatr

Bell >> Virgin >> Lucky

Then the others...

Freedom

Ice Wireless (Territories) 

PC Mobile (MVNO on Telus) 

Petro Mobile (MVNO on Rogers)

Zoomer Wireless 

I'm sure there's more MVNOs than this list. 

Funny enough each of the big three have teirs. You have their main brand, their flanker discount brand and their wholly prepaid brand. 

Interesting that it seems they fight among themselves on their own teirs and often against Freedom. I hope Shaw can improve their services to the point they're usable in all areas (basements for example).

So really in my opinion, they want to keep people moving up the chain. Public is a feeder for Koodo and a feeder to Telus. Telus wins no matter what they just want you on one of their many brands. 

@luckee7, yes you can future-date the plan change now, and it will renew in November for you.  Future dating locks it in, so if it disappears from the list of plans before then, you'll still get it.

luckee7

I am on a 90 day plan up in November. If I choose future date will I still be able to get this new plan of $50/8gb ?....missed it. I see that I can.

Prepaid service isn't meant to be a full-time gig.  Shareholders at Telus, want people on postpaid services, where it's easier to keep you tied to their service, and hopefully entice you to spend more.

majsiddiqui

Thanks for the reply, @stonechucker.

Any idea why Telus is moving customers from PM to Koodo by offering mouth watering promos?

@majsiddiqui, the offer is valid, but even Public Mobile can change your pricing with at least 30 days notice.

Every carrier is the same in that matter - they must notify you of an increase, or any change before they force it on you.

majsiddiqui

I received a text message that I can migrate to Koodo and get the $40 plan with Unlimited Canada-wide calling and Unlimited Internatioanal texting, with 8GB data. But I am hesitant because by switching to Koodo they can change the plan pricing anytime. And this plan is offered for $75/month as a promo on their website, so I am hesitant to make the switch only to find out later that they will increase the price plan. They reserve the right to change pricing anytime without notice. 

@Wonder_why, no I don't think so.  That would really be confusing, as Telus and Bell do not support 2G, and folks who currently set their phones to 3G for the '3G speed' plans would be without data completely.

Wonder_why

@stonechucker may be to 2G later 😋😁 instead moving forward,PM going backwards 😀

@Jarvar, no one knows when anything is going to be offered, or what it is going to be.

Best guess - No promos of Full LTE, or 90-day cycles anytime soon.  Everything lately has been throttled 3G on LTE on a 30-day cycle.

Wonder_why

@Jarvar yes, **bleep** only 2GB Data 4G LTE for $45 are PM insane    😁 😋

Jarvar

All these deals are great. Does anyone know if Public Mobile plans to offer these plans on LTE unthrottled speeds? That would be awesome!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@johnwarnock2017 I would futuredate the plan you want, and then also add funds equal to the difference between the plan you just got and the plan you want. And then ask the mods to change you to the new plan

smp99

@johnwarnock2017 wrote:

Not impressed at all.. just checked my balance and after removing the autopsy. My payment for my old plan has gone through. So now I'm stuck with 20$ in account and a plan I don't want at all.. I want the 8gb plan for 50. Can someone please fix this as soon as possible thanks.

Yes this can get fixed, but it may take a day or 2

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

johnwarnock2017

Not impressed at all.. just checked my balance and after removing the autopsy. My payment for my old plan has gone through. So now I'm stuck with 20$ in account and a plan I don't want at all.. I want the 8gb plan for 50. Can someone please fix this as soon as possible thanks.

johnwarnock2017

For some reason  cannot upgrade my plan... I have 60$ in my account but can't upgrade to the 8g plan. Can someome please upgrade me.

Need Help? Let's chat.