cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 16, 2018: These plans are now expired.

Update: Effective September 4th, 2018, the $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed plan includes Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and the U.S. See FAQ for details.

Hey Community,

Now, for a limited time only, get 6 GB at 3G speed for $45 or get 8 GB at 3G speed for $50!

Plan details:

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and the U.S.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happened to the previous “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 6 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $45 for 6 GB plan, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $45 for 5.5 GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” plan.

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I already purchased the previous “$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my plan automatically update to include Unlimited Talk to the U.S.?

No, it will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the new $50 for 8 GB plan, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

231 REPLIES 231

smp99

@popping wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

Nice.

I'm waiting for $35 4GB  - just a suggestion

PM has to fix the "plan change to lower value plan on renewal day" bug first before offering the $35/4GB plan.  Otherwise, the moderator wait time will be extra long if this is offered.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Yes - I did think of the "bug" for new plan at reduced rates and it's potential issues. So I am not holding my breath.

Great to see new offers!

However, even if you forget about the migration offer, Koodo is currently offering 8 gb LTE data for $49 in Quebec! If you consider $2 off for autopay, it's only $1 more to get LTE instead of 3G...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smp99 wrote:

Nice.

PM has to fix the "plan change to lower value plan on renewal day" bug first before offering the $35/4GB plan.  Otherwise, the moderator wait time will be extra long if this is offered.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker you should eligible try text for the offer

manity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same boat. Texted 5130 offer And nothing. I only had a low data plan for 3 months area code 249... Would like the koodo deal

I've sent off a message to the MODS... let's see what happens.

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, I am sure.  I've attempted multiple times sending the offer text to 5130 - no response.

I've typed my number into the Koodo Promo website - not eligible.

I'm not the only Promo 2016 customer not getting the offer txt... Maybe I just don't use enough data to be considered.

Maybe I complain too much.

Yeah, I would get out the pitch fork and torch from the closet on this one.  I cannot image that they would go to such lengths to determine eligibility.  Having an eligible plan would be sufficient.  What amount of data usage would trigger the offer? 

@will13am, I am sure.  I've attempted multiple times sending the offer text to 5130 - no response.

I've typed my number into the Koodo Promo website - not eligible.

I'm not the only Promo 2016 customer not getting the offer txt... Maybe I just don't use enough data to be considered.

Maybe I complain too much.

@Effort wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Effort wrote:

Not as great as Koodo offer because you'll need to work for the rewards to lower the price to Koodo's base price. Still good in comparison to the their actual competition though ie Chatr, Lucky Mobile, etc.

Not as good of offer because Koodo is offering full speed LTE.  It is disappointing  when "2nd Tier" has better offers than the 3rd tier.  I guess those offers are only available to PM customers though.

Yeah that's true but many of us have had our promos stolen and used our numbers for Koodo's offer so it's not for public mobile customers only, Smiley Mad

Have you tried to go through and enter your number in when asked  for the verification.  I am sure PM and koodo can work together to make sure that you get it if your number was taken and used.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I gave a bravo to the OP on the principle that it is always good to see promos even if it is not a great offer.  It is the nature of the beast, sometimes the offers are great, sometimes not so much.  Seeing that this is a low cost alternative, the hot promo would be something of a lower price, say $25/1.5GB, $30/2.5GB or $35/3.5GB which fits nicely with the current $40/4.5GB deal.  Is there any job openings at Public Mobile marketing department?  Smiley Very Happy

@stonechucker wrote:

@Alan_K. as I'm not eligible for the Koodo 5 GB for $35 migration, making my Fall 2016 Promo $105/90-day (still on LTE with province-wide) would be suitable.

Show some love for the 90-day plans!

Are you sure you are not eligible.  Have you texted offer to 5130?  Maybe ask the moderator team to check the database to see if you were excluded in error.  Perhaps you were a victim of migration offer theft.  Unless you are loaded down with rewards, it might be better to exit stage left to Koodo. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Effort wrote:

Not as great as Koodo offer because you'll need to work for the rewards to lower the price to Koodo's base price. Still good in comparison to the their actual competition though ie Chatr, Lucky Mobile, etc.

Not as good of offer because Koodo is offering full speed LTE.  It is disappointing  when "2nd Tier" has better offers than the 3rd tier.  I guess those offers are only available to PM customers though.

Yeah that's true but many of us have had our promos stolen and used our numbers for Koodo's offer so it's not for public mobile customers only, Smiley Mad

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Effort wrote:

Koodo is only "better" for those that are eligable. Those of us who only have in market plans available it's pretty darn good.  Mind you I'm on the 4.5gb plan and don't want to spend the extra 5$ for more data that I don't need. I agree with others lower the 4.5 gb plan by $5:)

@Alan_K. as I'm not eligible for the Koodo 5 GB for $35 migration, making my Fall 2016 Promo $105/90-day (still on LTE with province-wide) would be suitable.

Show some love for the 90-day plans!

SSB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This would be nice or $30 🤔😉🙏🏼

smp99

Nice.

@Effort wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Still good options for people who don't want to go the koodo route. Dont think I'd need that much data, maybe make the 4.5 GB $35...wink wink ...nudge nudge lol

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wow ! ! ! More coins for current Koodo Promo going $40/8GB Data full speed 4G LTE 😋, how could it be for 3rd tier sister of Telus 😀 is it ERROR ?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Always great to see plans with more data.  Unfortunately still not as good as the Koodo migration offers 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.