Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

All of the above plans will receive a bonus 500 MB for anyone who signs up with AutoPay. This offer is available to new and current customers. And, as usual, voicemail and call display are included in the plan price.

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Given this is a limited time offer, we recommend visiting participating retailers to purchase a SIM Card. Find one nearest to you here
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select one of the above eligible promotional plans and register for AutoPay.
  1. Log in on Self Serve.
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”.
  3. Select “Change Plan”.
  4. Select one of the above eligible promotional plans. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. Be sure to register for AutoPay, if you haven’t already done so.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For more information, please read the FAQs in the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

How long will the AutoPay bonus data be available?

The 500MB AutoPay bonus data will reset each time your 30 day plan renews. This means you can use the additional 500MB every 30 days like you would use the rest of your plan data. That being said, offers are subject to change without notice.

What is AutoPay and how do I register for it?

Great question! You can learn more about AutoPay here. Registering for AutoPay differs depending on whether you are a new or an existing customer:

• New customers- In Step 4 of the activation process called ‘Making a Payment’, you will need to select ‘Register for AutoPay’.
  • Existing customers- Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’.

What happens if I’m on AutoPay to get the promotional offer and then choose to remove AutoPay afterwards? Am I still eligible for the bonus data?

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

I am currently registered for AutoPay and am on one of the following plans that does not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus:

• *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Do I need to do something to get the 500MB AutoPay bonus added?

Yes, to receive the AutoPay bonus data you will need to change your plan so that it matches one of the AutoPay bonus plans.

If you do not change your plan, it will not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus.

What happens if one of the above eligible promotional plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of the above eligible promotional plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the promotional plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am an existing customer.

What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

Also, how do I change my plan?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

237 REPLIES 237

@osprey828  a écrit :

I just sign up for this plan, however it said i used 5313 out of the 10000 something MB. I'm not sure why i used half my data when i just signed up

Are you sure with this number? On the first page of your self serve account is it written like that 5313/10000 MB?

osprey828
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just sign up for this plan, however it said i used 5313 out of the 10000 something MB. I'm not sure why i used half my data when i just signed up

@Metal1967 wrote:

@CraftyFarmer wrote:

So if I sign up for a plan with a 500mb bonus, will I receive that every 30 days as long as I am a customer? Or is it a one time bonus, or is there a length of time?

@CraftyFarmer 

Every 30 days you will recieve it as long asyou continue autopay to be enabled

You can also change between any of the qualifying plans, as long as the bonus offer is still in effect at the time you request the switch.

Caveat always applies - this is always subject to change.

CraftyFarmer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CraftyFarmer wrote:

So if I sign up for a plan with a 500mb bonus, will I receive that every 30 days as long as I am a customer? Or is it a one time bonus, or is there a length of time?

@CraftyFarmer 

Every 30 days you will recieve it as long asyou continue autopay to be enabled

CraftyFarmer

@mimmo wrote:

It is indefinate as long as you abide by the terms of the promotion, or as long as you don't change plans. 

Not entirely accurate... you get 500MB bonus as long as you stay on AutoPay but you are free to change between any of the eligible plans, as long as the offer is still in effect.

That said, if PM stops offering this bonus, then you only get to keep the bonus if you stay on the last eligible plan. 

For now, since the offer is still in force, you can move around between the eligible plans.

Of course, one of the key terms you must follow is to always stay on AutoPay. Once you remove AutoPay, you lose the 500MB bonus.

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Metal1967 wrote:

@Metal1967 wrote:

@RobertWesley wrote:

does the extra 500mb last indefinitely or is it only for a set period of time?

@RobertWesley 

It lasts for each 30 day plan..does not roll over

@RobertWesley 

As a promo..until they give notice that it ends...if it ever does...

@Metal1967 

If you sign up (or change plans / initiate a future dated plan change if applicable) before the end date of the promo, the promo plan is yours to keep until you change plans or Public Mobile is changing it in accordance with the ToS. We still have several people here who are on the infamous 2016 fall promo, that sweet plan hasn't been available for a long, long time.

Okay I don't want to hear about THAT plan! It would just bug me that I missed it! Reminds me of a joke my little grandson tells. Did you hear the one about the high speed train? You just missed it!

@Metal1967 wrote:

@Metal1967 wrote:

@RobertWesley wrote:

@RobertWesley 

@RobertWesley 

@Metal1967 

If you sign up (or change plans / initiate a future dated plan change if applicable) before the end date of the promo, the promo plan is yours to keep until you change plans or Public Mobile is changing it in accordance with the ToS. We still have several people here who are on the infamous 2016 fall promo, that sweet plan hasn't been available for a long, long time.

Metal1967

@Metal1967 wrote:

@RobertWesley wrote:

@RobertWesley 

@RobertWesley 

RobertWesley

ok great! thanks

Rascal

Yes!

Rascal

It lasts as long as you keep the plan. It's just a modification to the plan you currently have.

RobertWesley

oh, but you get 500mb every month right?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It is indefinate as long as you abide by the terms of the promotion, or as long as you don't change plans. 

Metal1967

@RobertWesley wrote:

@RobertWesley 

RobertWesley

ali15

Thanks a lot 

Rascal

Yes. Just select that your plan begins on your next month's payment instead of immediately.

ali15

Hi,it’s seems difficult for me to get the 500 mb bonus as it says I have insufficient fund and yet I’m on auto plan.can someone assist me please?

JuniorJunior

@Anonymous wrote:

@JuniorJunior 

So you finally decided to come out of lurk mode 🙂

Nice of you to participate.

It's helpful to know who you're replying to. The black Quote button above the text box, tagging like I did for you with the @ sign or even just the username.

Otherwise your post has little context when you seem to be answering something. Adding a comment makes sense. But without some reference to what you're talking about an answer out of the blue just sits there.

:0)    Thanks for the tip - am I doing it correctly now?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Probably another case of fat finger scrolling. I've unmarked the solution, because announcements don't require solutions.

For reference of those wondering, this was the post marked as solution:

@JuniorJunior wrote:

This is a form of discount, in the form of offering more for the same price - which is a very good policy > for retaining current customers, and attracting new ones - a win win strategy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JuniorJunior wrote:

This is a form of discount, in the form of offering more for the same price - which is a very good policy > for retaining current customers, and attracting new ones - a win win strategy.

Someboy's monkeying with the solution button again.

@CS_Agent, @Brooke_C , @will13am 

Edit: fixed. Thanks SD08.

JuniorJunior

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JuniorJunior 

So you finally decided to come out of lurk mode 🙂

Nice of you to participate.

It's helpful to know who you're replying to. The black Quote button above the text box, tagging like I did for you with the @ sign or even just the username.

Otherwise your post has little context when you seem to be answering something. Adding a comment makes sense. But without some reference to what you're talking about an answer out of the blue just sits there.

JuniorJunior

To do this by:

a) ...at your account Plan details area > click on 'Change Plan'

b) A listing of the different plans for you to select > Click on the drop down arrow to see the details > select the plan you like by cilck on the left button, and proceeed to either pay with additional fund, or go a little further down and select 'Chane on next renewal...'

JuniorJunior

Yes, you'll still get the $2 auto pay reward.

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, why don’t you direct your concerns to Alan_K or Brooke_C via private message.

There is no need to continue this discussion in the public forum.

I 100% agree and that is exactly what I told Ashley, but she felt the need to continue the discussion anyway. Very unwise on her part. Also, @Anonymous linked in @Alan_K but on your prompting, I decided to follow that advise and sent my own PM about this to them.

And I 0% agree. I think these things should be talked about openly. If only to kind of shame Public Mobile into being far more careful about who they are sending private information to.

Once is a mistake. Twice is carelessness. More than that is just bad. It's that they have happened in somewhat close time span. If it was say once a year then sure that's a mistake.

Not sure why this has continued here.  This isn't the Topic of the Thread.  There are ways to get messages to the Senior Staff of PM who do not surf the community daily and that is to send them a Private Message

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, why don’t you direct your concerns to Alan_K or Brooke_C via private message.

I 100% agree and that is exactly what I told Ashley, but she felt the need to continue the discussion anyway. Very unwise on her part. Also, @Anonymous linked in @Alan_K but on your prompting, I decided to follow that advise and sent my own PM about this to them.

And I 0% agree. I think these things should be talked about openly. If only to kind of shame Public Mobile into being far more careful about who they are sending private information to.

Once is a mistake. Twice is carelessness. More than that is just bad. It's that they have happened in somewhat close time span. If it was say once a year then sure that's a mistake.

@stonechucker wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.