Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

All of the above plans will receive a bonus 500 MB for anyone who signs up with AutoPay. This offer is available to new and current customers. And, as usual, voicemail and call display are included in the plan price.

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Given this is a limited time offer, we recommend visiting participating retailers to purchase a SIM Card. Find one nearest to you here
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select one of the above eligible promotional plans and register for AutoPay.
  1. Log in on Self Serve.
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”.
  3. Select “Change Plan”.
  4. Select one of the above eligible promotional plans. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. Be sure to register for AutoPay, if you haven’t already done so.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For more information, please read the FAQs in the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

How long will the AutoPay bonus data be available?

The 500MB AutoPay bonus data will reset each time your 30 day plan renews. This means you can use the additional 500MB every 30 days like you would use the rest of your plan data. That being said, offers are subject to change without notice.

What is AutoPay and how do I register for it?

Great question! You can learn more about AutoPay here. Registering for AutoPay differs depending on whether you are a new or an existing customer:

• New customers- In Step 4 of the activation process called ‘Making a Payment’, you will need to select ‘Register for AutoPay’.
  • Existing customers- Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’.

What happens if I’m on AutoPay to get the promotional offer and then choose to remove AutoPay afterwards? Am I still eligible for the bonus data?

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

I am currently registered for AutoPay and am on one of the following plans that does not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus:

• *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Do I need to do something to get the 500MB AutoPay bonus added?

Yes, to receive the AutoPay bonus data you will need to change your plan so that it matches one of the AutoPay bonus plans.

If you do not change your plan, it will not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus.

What happens if one of the above eligible promotional plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of the above eligible promotional plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the promotional plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am an existing customer.

What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

Also, how do I change my plan?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

237 REPLIES 237

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Should some of these messages be moved to a new thread?  The promotion thread has gone off-topic at this point.

Well someone did and then it got axed. Hmm...

Yeah, that was me.  I was considering it, but changed my mind right after because the discussion involved a moderator and they also have the ability to move messages if they decide to. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Should some of these messages be moved to a new thread?  The promotion thread has gone off-topic at this point.

Well someone did and then it got axed. Hmm...

But it looks like things are still here.

@pm-smayer97, why don’t you direct your concerns to Alan_K or Brooke_C via private message.

There is no need to continue this discussion in the public forum.

@CS_Agent wrote:

@pm-smayer97

As this is a public Community, we do try to encourage certain conversations and I do believe one like this is important.

We do encourage our users to address important things like the following topic. Now, concerning topics that are within or outside of my pay grade, this is certainly a comment that doesn't quite need to be out there as us moderators are the one who moderate the community.

As I mentioned many times before, we do take into consideration the feedback we get and pass it along accordingly.

So thank you for your input.

Good day!

Ashley

Ashley, you still are not getting the gravity of this matter. My comment about your pay grade is in direct response to the fact that you are making comments about a serious matter in a very lackadaisical manner. Instead, as a moderator, you should be taking this matter to your top management to investigate and identify if any real issues regarding privacy breaches are occurring, not continuing to offer opinions in a public forum that have no merit. This is completely unprofessional and only risks to expose Public Mobile to more liability.

You really should be vetting your comments carefully through your legal department because you are dealing with a very serious matter. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo:

Why are you giving her Bravos? She's being awfully flippant and dismissive of a serious problem that has been mentioned too many times to be one-off. For an Oracle to Bravo her replies shows agreement with being flippant and dismissive.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@pm-smayer97

As this is a public Community, we do try to encourage certain conversations and I do believe one like this is important.

We do encourage our users to address important things like the following topic. Now, concerning topics that are within or outside of my pay grade, this is certainly a comment that doesn't quite need to be out there as us moderators are the one who moderate the community.

As I mentioned many times before, we do take into consideration the feedback we get and pass it along accordingly.

So thank you for your input.

Good day!

Ashley

@CS_Agent wrote:

@Anonymous

There is certainly no downplaying this matter, but we are human and as mentioned many times, mistakes do get made.

Are we going to improve this? Yes, we are. 

Us moderators are here to help thousands of people to the best of our ability and so we do.

Thank you for understanding.

Good day!

Ashley

For this discussion to be going on like this is unprofessional. Ashley, I think you are discussing matters that may be beyond your pay grade. 

The fact of the matter is that privacy is protected by law. So IF there are breaches in privacy, there is NO room for error. If errors are occurring, you have a failing protocol that needs to be addressed immediately and with utmost urgency by top management. This is NEVER a matter that can simply be addressed by "Who's perfect right?" and "...help... to the best of our ability."

IF there truly are mistakes that are occurring like this, this is a serious legal exposure for Public Mobile. Again, top management needs to be all over this.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Anonymous

There is certainly no downplaying this matter, but we are human and as mentioned many times, mistakes do get made.

Are we going to improve this? Yes, we are. 

Us moderators are here to help thousands of people to the best of our ability and so we do.

Thank you for understanding.

Good day!

Ashley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

@Anonymous

As I mentioned, our structure certainly is not perfect, but if you'd like to provide examples of the many issues you are coming across, please feel free to share them with us.

Also you mentioned "More than that and there's a quality and workmanship problem and a disturbing trend" care to share examples of this as well?

There's always room for improvement 🙂

Ashley

@CS_Agent, @Ashley_T, @Alan_K

When I mentioned about my incident a while ago I also referenced one that Jessica_T got that she did post about. In the meantime I've heard of a handful of others. Others can mention them if they like. Not much private information but openly there was the one recently regarding Lieux and Awchin. That's a symptom too.

You seem to be downplaying all of this. And a hint of mis-understanding. I'm talking here solely and only about addressing the wrong person in replies either by pm or the open forum. The open forum doesn't matter but it's still a part of the problem. It's the private information contained in messages intended for someone else being sent to the wrong person - that is where the problem lies.

And there should be no room for improvement when it comes to the basic fundamental aspect of text communications...To:

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Anonymous

As I mentioned, our structure certainly is not perfect, but if you'd like to provide examples of the many issues you are coming across, please feel free to share them with us.

Also you mentioned "More than that and there's a quality and workmanship problem and a disturbing trend" care to share examples of this as well?

There's always room for improvement 🙂

Ashley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

@Anonymous

We certainly do make sure we respond to our customers the right way. If a mistake happens where a reply is sent off to the wrong person, rest assured that this get corrected.

I'm well aware that our community users are actively discussing different topics, which we encourage, as a means of improvement. 

However, if anyone is having this problem, please let us know with one simple message and we can fix this 🙂

I mean... Who's perfect right? 😉

Have a great day!

Ashley

@CS_Agent, @Ashley_T, @Alan_K

That is WAY too flippant an attitude when it comes to personal communications in private with customers.

I'm well assured it gets corrected. It simply shouldn't happen with any kind of regularity.

You're being all nice and friendly which is nice but there have been too many reports of mis-directed communications. One is too many and an unfortunate mistake. More than that and there's a quality and workmanship problem and a disturbing trend.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Anonymous

We certainly do make sure we respond to our customers the right way. If a mistake happens where a reply is sent off to the wrong person, rest assured that this get corrected.

I'm well aware that our community users are actively discussing different topics, which we encourage, as a means of improvement. 

However, if anyone is having this problem, please let us know with one simple message and we can fix this 🙂

I mean... Who's perfect right? 😉

Have a great day!

Ashley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

@Anonymousis there an issue that you've experienced that you'd like to discuss?

Did someone send you a wrong message or is this in reference to the same issue that you've mentioned a while back?

Please let me know 🙂

Ashley

@CS_Agent, @Ashley_T

It's the same issue and it's on-going. Do you not think people talk around here? It's not an isolated problem. Your crew need to be absolutely certain that they're replying to the right person.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Anonymous is there an issue that you've experienced that you'd like to discuss?

Did someone send you a wrong message or is this in reference to the same issue that you've mentioned a while back?

Please let me know 🙂

Ashley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS_Agent

Holy moly! 2 minutes response without being asked!

With all this spare time maybe making doubly sure that you're sending things to the right person would be a useful use of it.

The Community has been exteemely slow this long weekend.  That could also be an indication that there aren't that many people waiting for help from moderators.

Indeed. So no excuse for sending things to the wrong person. No hustling slipshod through pm's to get through them all.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS_Agent

With all this spare time maybe making doubly sure that you're sending things to the right person would be a useful use of it.

The Community has been exteemely slow this long weekend.  That could also be an indication that there aren't that many people waiting for help from moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Mamabang

I'm sending you a private message, so we can get your issue resolved 🙂

Regards,

Ashley

Mamabang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just upgraded my plan to the $30 plan to take advantage of the promotion.  I am not able to get any data.  I've rebooted my cellphone after reading other posts with similar problem.  Where can I get some help?   Thank you. 

@Dankaroo wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dankaroo wrote:

@lucag wrote:

Hi there, I just signed up 2 days ago and yes the $2 autopay bonus is still available. Smiley Happy

I believe the auto-pay credit reward is a permanent bonus. The bonus 500mb on the other hand is had a limited time quote and date of availability.

There's no mention of a limited time or date with the 500mb. They seem pretty permanent to me. Unlike other promos where they say a limit or that it is for an unknown limited time.

Actually the OP states "...we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days..." and in the Spoiler it says "This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice."

There simply is no expiry date for this promotion as of yet.

When I joined 2 weeks ago Feb 4th it read out as the final day for the 500 MB bonus. They are either re-extending the promo repeatedly or they have it automatically show current date to make it seem to new joiners that it's the last chance to acquire the promo. 

Nor sure where you saw an end date but at present there is only a start date to this promo of Nov 22, 2018 with no current end date specified.

@lucag wrote:

I just realized that when I signed up the other day, the retailer did not sign me up for the $10 savings for 6 months. I am looking at my receipt and there is no mention of that discount nor on my online account. Any suggestions?

This is the wrong thread to be discussing this. It should be discussed here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-and-get-10-off-...

Nevertheless, there is nothing to show on the receipt. This is an automatic promo that as long as you signed up for a plan for $30+ then you will automatically get the $10 credit each 30 day period, at the latest just before your renewal, as it states in that thread:

"

• The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve. "

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lucag wrote:

I just realized that when I signed up the other day, the retailer did not sign me up for the $10 savings for 6 months. I am looking at my receipt and there is no mention of that discount nor on my online account. Any suggestions?

@lucag, you should see the credit before your next bill, it is applied within the first 30 days.

Here are the details from the announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-and-get-10-off-...

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dankaroo wrote:

@lucag wrote:

Hi there, I just signed up 2 days ago and yes the $2 autopay bonus is still available. Smiley Happy

I believe the auto-pay credit reward is a permanent bonus. The bonus 500mb on the other hand is had a limited time quote and date of availability.

There's no mention of a limited time or date with the 500mb. They seem pretty permanent to me. Unlike other promos where they say a limit or that it is for an unknown limited time.

Actually the OP states "...we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days..." and in the Spoiler it says "This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice."

When I joined 2 weeks ago Feb 4th it read out as the final day for the 500 MB bonus. They are either re-extending the promo repeatedly or they have it automatically show current date to make it seem to new joiners that it's the last chance to acquire the promo. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dankaroo wrote:

@lucag wrote:

@Dankaroo wrote:

@lucag wrote:

AutoPay has been an ongoing reward for a very long time.

The 500MB bonus is marked as a time limited offer but as yet there is no expiry date on the offer. See above in the OP Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dankaroo wrote:

@lucag wrote:

@Dankaroo  yes the $2 autopay reward is available as long as auto pay is enabled.  the 500mb should always be available unless the plan is changed by the user  or unless there is a condition on it ie requres autopay to be enabled, which seems this offer has. 

lucag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dankaroo wrote:

@lucag wrote:

Edit. Corrected. Thanks. Don't want to propagate wrong info. I only looked at the plans page...not the OP.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lucag wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.