Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

All of the above plans will receive a bonus 500 MB for anyone who signs up with AutoPay. This offer is available to new and current customers. And, as usual, voicemail and call display are included in the plan price.

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Given this is a limited time offer, we recommend visiting participating retailers to purchase a SIM Card. Find one nearest to you here
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select one of the above eligible promotional plans and register for AutoPay.
  1. Log in on Self Serve.
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”.
  3. Select “Change Plan”.
  4. Select one of the above eligible promotional plans. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. Be sure to register for AutoPay, if you haven’t already done so.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For more information, please read the FAQs in the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

How long will the AutoPay bonus data be available?

The 500MB AutoPay bonus data will reset each time your 30 day plan renews. This means you can use the additional 500MB every 30 days like you would use the rest of your plan data. That being said, offers are subject to change without notice.

What is AutoPay and how do I register for it?

Great question! You can learn more about AutoPay here. Registering for AutoPay differs depending on whether you are a new or an existing customer:

• New customers- In Step 4 of the activation process called ‘Making a Payment’, you will need to select ‘Register for AutoPay’.
  • Existing customers- Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’.

What happens if I’m on AutoPay to get the promotional offer and then choose to remove AutoPay afterwards? Am I still eligible for the bonus data?

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

I am currently registered for AutoPay and am on one of the following plans that does not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus:

• *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Do I need to do something to get the 500MB AutoPay bonus added?

Yes, to receive the AutoPay bonus data you will need to change your plan so that it matches one of the AutoPay bonus plans.

If you do not change your plan, it will not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus.

What happens if one of the above eligible promotional plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of the above eligible promotional plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the promotional plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am an existing customer.

What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

Also, how do I change my plan?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

237 REPLIES 237

lucag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I just signed up 2 days ago and yes the $2 autopay bonus is still available. Smiley Happy

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, I know what you man, but it's really not a rollover within the 90-day cycle.   You still get the data for the entire cycle and use it how you wish.

The 90-day cycle is 90 days, not 3 segments of 30 days.

Yes, thanks for correcting... my poor choice of wording. 

Somehow I got the two concepts conflated. So you are accurate....and they are different...

Thanks for setting the record straight.

mabmarkus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

True, but I actually prefer this way of having my data all at once in one bucket. If I need to use a lot of data in a month or short time window (like a road trip) I can and will just adjust my usage when I don't need the data so much.

To each their own of course

@youbme wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, I know what you man, but it's really not a rollover within the 90-day cycle.   You still get the data for the entire cycle and use it how you wish.

Exactly, @stonechucker.

While I enjoyed the 90 day plans for the additional discount they provided, distributing your data over 90 days is a mixed bag. Yes, you have more data available to manage over a longer period of time. BUT, if you accidently use up your data in the first few weeks, that means waiting 2 months or more until data resets.

Yes, that is the other side of it too. But as pointed, good data management is key to ANY plan.

So it all depends on one's level of discipline as to which option is the best fit.

@youbme, oh I know, and that is the downfall as 1GB of Data is $30.

However, for those who have this happen, they are able to request a full renewal early, if it makes sense financially to do so.  I still am on the 2016 promo, and I'd really like a 30-day plan for the renewal frequency.  The thing is, my price point is currently very good, and it doesn't make sense for me to switch.

If you've seen my previous poss, you know I'm not a huge cellular data usage.  Most of my data usage is WiFi or downloaded on WiFi to use later when mobile.

Smart data usage is the key to every plan here, 30- or 90-day.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

Exactly, @stonechucker.

While I enjoyed the 90 day plans for the additional discount they provided, distributing your data over 90 days is a mixed bag. Yes, you have more data available to manage over a longer period of time. BUT, if you accidently use up your data in the first few weeks, that means waiting 2 months or more until data resets.

@stonechucker wrote:

@computergeek541, the 90-day only confuse me because they're not a deal anymore.

When I joined up, there was a cost saving on all 90-day plans compared to 3x30-day plans with equal features.

The ready-made plans are great for 30-day love, but the original plan builder concept was cost savings on longer packages.  This needs to return in my mind.

Not only cost savings but the added benefit of rollover within any 90-day period. A very nice bonus.

@computergeek541, the 90-day only confuse me because they're not a deal anymore.

When I joined up, there was a cost saving on all 90-day plans compared to 3x30-day plans with equal features.

The ready-made plans are great for 30-day love, but the original plan builder concept was cost savings on longer packages.  This needs to return in my mind.

@frankieshi wrote:

When can we see this extend to the 90 day plans?

No one really knows and even if someone did, he/she would be unlikely to say.  I suspect that Public Mobile would rather have these 90 day plans gone.  These plans confuse many customers.

frankieshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When can we see this extend to the 90 day plans?

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When does your plan renew?  If you are only a few days away you could add funds to your account, change plans to get the bonus data, and pick the option to  switch now. If your renewal date is still a ways to go, it’s your call if you want to end your current plan and start the new one. No refunds for unused days if you switch early. 

Otherwise you you have to wait. 

Samifurat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

is it true that i can not get the the extra 500 mb until the next payment or there is another way to get it222.PNG

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's ok but thanks. I don't need that much data. US talk would be nice but I can live without it. I don't call the US that much. I would rather pay $30 than $50 and my rewards bring it down to $25 or less. I'm trying to cut my bills which is why I switched to PM in the first place. It was a terrific move for me! I cut our cell phone bills in half.

mabmarkus

Yep, unlimited calling to the us and Canada. I can screenshot it later if anyone wants to see or compare ?

It made sense to switch for and extra 2 GB's a month and the fact it includes us calling for the same price as my previous plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rascal wrote:

Oh man @Anonymous, I didn't read closely enough. I was comparing the $30 plans!

There's a lotta 3's!!

Rascal

Oh man @Anonymous, I didn't read closely enough. I was comparing the $30 plans!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rascal wrote:

@mabmarkus wrote:

I was on a 90 day 18gb + 1.5gb bonus for $150 every 3 months - was able to switch to the 30 day 8gb + 500mb bonus with unlimited USA/CANADA calling for the exact price - my discounts are only for autopay and loyalty but it's something.

Are you sure it includes US talk?

If you look at the Plans page you'll see the $50 box where it says Canada/US.

And just for clarity of terminology in case there's a possible misunderstanding...it's calling TO Canada and the US while IN Canada.

The other possibility that you might be misunderstanding is that it is not talking about calling somewhere while IN the US. That requires roaming.

I might be completely missing your intent though. 🙂

Rascal

@Onyxj wrote:

@Rascal wrote:

@mabmarkus wrote:

I was on a 90 day 18gb + 1.5gb bonus for $150 every 3 months - was able to switch to the 30 day 8gb + 500mb bonus with unlimited USA/CANADA calling for the exact price - my discounts are only for autopay and loyalty but it's something.

Yes it does include US talk...

Because the offer I saw does not include US talk.

Onyxj

@Rascal wrote:

@mabmarkus wrote:

Yes it does include US talk...

Rascal

@mabmarkus wrote:

mabmarkus

glemlin

A lot of people complaining, yet for some this is a bonus.. I had 4.5gb and was using autopay anyway, I switch, now it's giving me 5 instead of the 4.5 at the same price.

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, the way the self-serve is set up. you either choose from the ready-made plans, or you activate the plan builder and build it from there.

There is no confusion - you either pick the ready-made, or you build a plan (which *may not* match a ready-made plan).

For example, you can't get the $10 plan in the builder, so your only choice is the ready-made plan.

There are now more plans than previously offered in the plan builder.  Isn't choice wonderful?

Just because you and I have figured it out does not mean there is no confusion. Do not confuse the two. The fact that there are users posting here with questions about exactly that confirms that. And for every ONE that posts here, you can be sure there are MANY more that do not post that are also confused. 

And those extra choices are moot since all they are are more expensive versions of the same plans...

In other words, if there is a promo, it should replace the non-discounted existing plan.

To use a better analogy, it would be like going to a store and having the same product side by side with 2 different prices. If you pick from one side you get the discount otherwise you do not. Makes no sense.

(I won't even get into the legal aspects of this, even though there are issues too).

@Brooke_C please do take note of this.

@pm-smayer97, the way the self-serve is set up. you either choose from the ready-made plans, or you activate the plan builder and build it from there.

There is no confusion - you either pick the ready-made, or you build a plan (which *may not* match a ready-made plan).

For example, you can't get the $10 plan in the builder, so your only choice is the ready-made plan.

There are now more plans than previously offered in the plan builder.  Isn't choice wonderful?

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, ready-made plans have more often than not, have been different from the plan builder.  That's the whole idea, get the ready-made deal, and save against the builder.

It's like a coupon in the newspaper - get this deal if you clip it and bring it in, or pay the regular price in the store without the coupon.

Though I get your analogy, the problem is that it does not apply here because BOTH are on the same page... therein the confusion.

And, like I said, there was a time when promos were reflected in the plan builder area too.

@pm-smayer97, ready-made plans have more often than not, have been different from the plan builder.  That's the whole idea, get the ready-made deal, and save against the builder.

It's like a coupon in the newspaper - get this deal if you clip it and bring it in, or pay the regular price in the store without the coupon.

@Brooke_C wrote:

@RobertQc, you can find these in our Ready-Made plans sectionSmiley Happy

I have pointed out somewhere in this thread that this make the customer experience VERY inconsistent because the Ready-Made plans to not match or correspond to the "Build Your Own Plan", to the point where you can have the SAME price point for seemingly the same plans but are actually quite different and not realize it. And if you do see the difference, it can be confusing to figure out to get back to the desired plan, especially for newer customers.

There was a time when Read-Nad plans always had an equivalent match. I believe this needs to be restored so there is never a difference.

@Rascal wrote:

Well, then, that's a win-win for me!! 500 MB more data for doing nothing, since I already have auto pay. Thanks PM for a great offer!

This is a good lesson for me. I need to keep coming back to the community to keep up on the latest offers.

You can actually be automatically notified of any new plans (or other Announcements, or anything else you want to track in this forum) by following the very simply 3 steps outlined in this post:

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc (& any others)

@Rascal wrote:

Well, then, that's a win-win for me!! 500 MB more data for doing nothing, since I already have auto pay. Thanks PM for a great offer!

This is a good lesson for me. I need to keep coming back to the community to keep up on the latest offers.

@Rascal

You will still need to schedule a future dated plan change to the promo plan, even if it is the "same".

I'd do that asap so that you are locked in, even if the promo is pulled in the meantime.

Need Help? Let's chat.