Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

All of the above plans will receive a bonus 500 MB for anyone who signs up with AutoPay. This offer is available to new and current customers. And, as usual, voicemail and call display are included in the plan price.

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Given this is a limited time offer, we recommend visiting participating retailers to purchase a SIM Card. Find one nearest to you here
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select one of the above eligible promotional plans and register for AutoPay.
  1. Log in on Self Serve.
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”.
  3. Select “Change Plan”.
  4. Select one of the above eligible promotional plans. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. Be sure to register for AutoPay, if you haven’t already done so.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For more information, please read the FAQs in the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

How long will the AutoPay bonus data be available?

The 500MB AutoPay bonus data will reset each time your 30 day plan renews. This means you can use the additional 500MB every 30 days like you would use the rest of your plan data. That being said, offers are subject to change without notice.

What is AutoPay and how do I register for it?

Great question! You can learn more about AutoPay here. Registering for AutoPay differs depending on whether you are a new or an existing customer:

• New customers- In Step 4 of the activation process called ‘Making a Payment’, you will need to select ‘Register for AutoPay’.
  • Existing customers- Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’.

What happens if I’m on AutoPay to get the promotional offer and then choose to remove AutoPay afterwards? Am I still eligible for the bonus data?

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

I am currently registered for AutoPay and am on one of the following plans that does not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus:

• *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Do I need to do something to get the 500MB AutoPay bonus added?

Yes, to receive the AutoPay bonus data you will need to change your plan so that it matches one of the AutoPay bonus plans.

If you do not change your plan, it will not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus.

What happens if one of the above eligible promotional plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of the above eligible promotional plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the promotional plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am an existing customer.

What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

Also, how do I change my plan?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

237 REPLIES 237

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

Lovely update! I just switched to the same plan I was on, but now I get an extra 500MB! That is definately nice. Doubles my Internet allowance... yet I usually use less than 5MB a month due to all the wifi... but it still nice to have! Mind you if it means I lose my $2 off per month, I'd rather not switch to the new plan. But all signs point to keeping the $2 off so why not!

All plans that are currently offered (included promotional plans) are rewards eligible.

That's what I figured and why I blindly switched. Wasn't 100% on if it was an either/or situation or if it was really just an extra 500MB tacked onto my plan without any extra cost! (Extra cost as in losing the the $2 discount in lieu of getting an extra 500MB which I understand isn't the case.)

@Psygineer wrote:

Lovely update! I just switched to the same plan I was on, but now I get an extra 500MB! That is definately nice. Doubles my Internet allowance... yet I usually use less than 5MB a month due to all the wifi... but it still nice to have! Mind you if it means I lose my $2 off per month, I'd rather not switch to the new plan. But all signs point to keeping the $2 off so why not!

All plans that are currently offered (included promotional plans) are rewards eligible.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Psygineer wrote:

I switched from the 1.5gb to the 1gb and didn't lose my autopay if that is of any reassurance to you. 

Psygineer

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Excellent thank PM for allowing us to keep the $10 discount every month. Amazing deal 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thomaslee wrote:

hi all, are the latest(future $10 for 6 month credits will not be lost) supercede the above official answer? thanks

Updated in the announcement OP.

CalgaryBen

"Updated as of Jan 24, 2019

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk

I've been holding my breath (and turning blue) for this plan forever.  Surprised it's taken this long!

Will be getting more for less, in my case.  Currently on $32/30d plan with 1GB 3G, unltd text, unltd prov talk.  Will end up saving $2, and gain unltd Canada-wide talk.  Yay, PM!  (And thank you Lucky, as I'm sure you took the lead and PM followed!)

Alan_K

Apologies for the conflicting information everyone, I've posted the clarification as an update to the main post - if you're currently on the $10 off for 6 months promo, you will keep the promo as long as you maintain on a $30+ plan (per 30 days). Thank you @will13am for the reminder.

thomaslee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@smdannie wrote:

Hi, so I was on the previous $30 500mb plan with the 6month $10 promo and I just changed to the new $30 plan autopay promo without too much consideration. My question is will my $10/mon promo still be there every month or did I just screw myself?

Thanks

@smdannieDid you "change plan now" or did your "change at next renewal" ?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-...

"If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits."

"$30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans)"

That's still a $30+ plan, so I would say you are good, the system should ask

"Are they still on a $30+ plan?, Are they still in good standing?" Then apply credit.

But you would need to ask the moderator team to confirm, as that doesn't seem to be stated officially.

Although you may get different answers from different people, as of now, the official answer is that the future credits will be lost.  That is the answer that Public Mobile is going with for now.

hi all, are the latest(future $10 for 6 month credits will not be lost) supercede the above official answer? thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  which post are you referring to?  I edited my original post a minute or two  after posting the update.

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo:

Maybe you could go back to your earlier post and edit it. Just a suggestion.

My apologies. Wrong one. I saw your "You will lose it" but didn't read exactly what you were referring to. Lazy apparently. I knew you had written something before so I thought I was being helpful. Alas. 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous  which post are you referring to?  I edited my original post a minute or two  after posting the update.

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo:

mimmo

hey @Tav, @saje_ward  I just saw this in the oracle section.  I hope it clarifies the issue 🙂

@mimmo_L wrote:

@Alan_K if someone is on a new activation with the $10 off for 6 months promo switches to the +500 promo. Will it forfeit the remainder of their $10 credits?

A member asked in one of the threads.

@mimmo_L Correction on my first comment and good news! I confirmed with our systems team that the promo will not fall off as long as the plan they switch to is still $30+ /30 days - please spread the word!

smp99

I know the Oracles have stated your loose the $10 credit, but I haven't seen any official statement. Is there one? 

I thiought I read post back when the $10 / 6month promo started someone asked if you could open a $30 account then switch to the $10 plan would you loose the credit. The answer (from one of the Mods) was yes, you would loose the credit as you have to 'maintain' a min $30 plan. To me that is not the same as moving to another min $30 plan. eg - switching plans was ok and if you maintain the $30 min, you keep the credit. Any clarification would be great.

Tav

@mimmo wrote:

@Tav I believe you should be fine as you are still on a 30$+ plan. I didn't see anything in the terms about switching plans canceling  the promo.

Will see if can get more info and will report back.

Edit: @Tav I just received this info:

"They will fall off of the $10 off for 6 months promo at that point as the promo is over and the $30 plan wasn't in market during those dates the promotion was on."

@mimmo I checked with the mods to try to get them to change my plan back (before I knew I could cancel the future change myself) and they told me I won't lose my $10 promo so there seems to be some conflicting info. Who did you hear your info from?

Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 11.59.30 AM.png

saje_ward

Thank you very much for doing the research and posting such a clear answer. I have two of the fall 2016 promos and added my kiddo to the PM family at the end of December with the $10/m promo for the $30 plan. ($25 referral bonus to me and to him too!)

Yesterday, it looked like a no brainer to forward date this change and add the 500mb to his account on his renewal. I appreciate your post as I have now gone in and removed that change in advance of the renewal date, no harm done 🙂

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

Though having said that...the $50 one time cost to permanently have an extra 500 mb bonus per month is probably worth it even if you are not a heavy user.

This assumes that the plan won't be still around in 5 months.  I can't predict the future, but I tend to think that this plan will still be around for the long haul. These 0.5GB data bonuses have been around for so long that I pretty much consider them permanent. 

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That unfortunate that the $10 credits will drop off if changing to this new plan.

Though having said that...the $50 one time cost to permanently have an extra 500 mb bonus per month is probably worth it even if you are not a heavy user.

Tav

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@smdannie wrote:

Hi, so I was on the previous $30 500mb plan with the 6month $10 promo and I just changed to the new $30 plan autopay promo without too much consideration. My question is will my $10/mon promo still be there every month or did I just screw myself?

Thanks

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-...

"If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits."

"Are they still on a $30+ plan?, Are they still in good standing?" Then apply credit.

But you would need to ask the moderator team to confirm, as that doesn't seem to be stated officially.

Although you may get different answers from different people, as of now, the official answer is that the future credits will be lost.  That is the answer that Public Mobile is going with for now.

Cancelled my future plan change... I would have been paying an extra $5 for less data with the change because of the loss of promo. Hopefully it will be around again in 5 months. Would be neat if I could future date it 5 months into the future. 

mimmo

@sapphire13 wrote:

if for some reason I have auto pay turned off for one month and then turned back on the next, would the extra 500mb still be reapplied or would it be forfeited forever once the I stop autopayment?

You will lose it.

@Jessica_T wrote:

@smdannie wrote:

Thanks

Update:  We've been informed.that you will continue to keep these credits as long as any 30 day plan that you decide to switch to is at least $30.

sapphire13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

if for some reason I have auto pay turned off for one month and then turned back on the next, would the extra 500mb still be reapplied or would it be forfeited forever once the I stop autopayment?

@Tav wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Tav I believe you should be fine as you are still on a 30$+ plan. I didn't see anything in the terms about switching plans canceling  the promo.

"They will fall off of the $10 off for 6 months promo at that point as the promo is over and the $30 plan wasn't in market during those dates the promotion was on."

Not cool! Thanks for the update though! Can I remove the pending change to put it back to normal on my end or would I have to contact the mods for that?

Future-dated plan changes can be reversed inside the self-serve system. 

Tav

@mimmo wrote:

Not cool! Thanks for the update though! Can I remove the pending change to put it back to normal on my end or would I have to contact the mods for that?

mimmo

Edit #2  Correction on my first comment and good news! I confirmed with our systems team that the promo will not fall off as long as the plan they switch to is still $30+ /30 days - please spread the word!

Tav

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Tav wrote:

I wish the 500mb $30 plan had the +500mb with autopay available. This would be the perfect plan for me!

@TavThey just added it for you 😉

"Updated as of Jan 24, 2019

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk"

@Jessica_T WOOHOOO! Thanks for pointing this out to me! Just future dated the change. I'm in the same boat as @smdannie and hoping I didn't just forfeit my $10 for the next 5 months.

smdannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed immediately just in the last 10min lol and then I realized about the xmas promo last month >.<

So previously my payment dates are around 15-17th, and after the switch it says 22th for the payment and I saw a $7 credit in my account. I honestly don't know how this works because does this mean I don't have to pay until the 22nd of Feb which is a full month billing cycle later from now, which kinda means the $7 is the xmas $10 promo prorated due to the change?

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@smdannie wrote:

Thanks

mimmo

Great news.  Future dated a plan change for my mom.

Can we add 500gb bonus  to the 25$ talk and text plan?:) as the next promo?

smdannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.