cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40! OR Get 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: These offers will expire on July 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Hey Community,

We have expired our $40 for 4GB at 3G speed plan, and are offering two new promotional plans that are even better! Now, for a limited time only, get 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 or get 5.5 GB at 3G speed for $45!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get one of these Offers:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

If you are currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan or selected to be on that plan on your next renewal date, please note that the data amount will not automatically update. You will need to change your plan to get one of these offers. See FAQ in the below spoiler for more details.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

What happened to the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 4.5 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $40 for 4.5 GB plan, you can do so in self-serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $40 for 4GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. 

What happens if these plans become unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

267 REPLIES 267

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Good morning @Footun7, I'm sorry to read about your service issue, and I'd gladly assist you with this matter. Please reply to the private message I just sent so we can sort this out.

Thank you for your patience!

Aïssata

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dunkman wrote:

@a1_gaurav wrote:

Hurray ! Migrated to $40 plan - 4.5 GB. sounds like a great plan. Also got promotional first month free. Waiting for the referral $10 to credit. 

May I ask how you got the first month free?  Thanks.

Caught the end of the last promo when for a short time it overlapped the new one by a few days?? Cagey move.

@a1_gaurav wrote:

Hurray ! Migrated to $40 plan - 4.5 GB. sounds like a great plan. Also got promotional first month free. Waiting for the referral $10 to credit. 

May I ask how you got the first month free?  Thanks.

horemansus

And unlike the other prepaid players NO ZONES. 

so no extra costs when moving around this summer.

Even better these new plans have Canada wide calling, unlike last season's specials.

a1_gaurav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hamaida

@Nids14I did that 2 days ago! Good luck. They look nice till now.

put auto payment u will get $2 credit every month as well.

Good job.. u will like it

Nids14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got the plan of 40$ , refered a friend got $1 off. Loving it.

Heads up, approximately only 29 hours before this deal expires... Just so you know 😉

@hamaida wrote:

@Footun7If u still have difficulty with them and u live in Toronto, give them a visit to there head office .

1920 Yong St Suit 400

This isn't a place that is setup for customer interaction.  I highly doubt they will let you past the front desk, so this will most likely be a waste of time.  Really, the most the front desk/reception/security will do is possibliy look up the infromation for you on how to contact Public Mobile.  That information is going to simply say to go online and contact the moderators here.

In addition, I believe the moderators here have stated that they are based out of Montreal, so if that's the case, there wouldn't be anyone at the Toronto Telus office building who could be of any help.  And, even if you went to the Montreal Telus office, who's to say that they even work out of there, or another building (or even out of home)?   

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hamaida wrote:

@Footun7Try to call this number Monday 18552202400 and u can talk to some one from Public Mobile, i never try it but as i know u can talk to some one by using this number. Give it a try from ur home phone or any other phone around u.!

That is public mobiles privacy office. They may need to have a physical number.

to get support contact the mods.

also poster said it’s his business phone. Maybe a business line would have been better

hamaida

@Footun7If u still have difficulty with them and u live in Toronto, give them a visit to there head office .

1920 Yong St Suit 400

hamaida

@CalvinWTry to call them, you will lose nothing!! Tring is better than just we guess they will talk to us or No.
I just tried and auto reply said we R now close call Monday!

Jus try it!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is this the same person talking to himself?

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hamaida wrote:

@Footun7Try to call this number Monday 18552202400 and u can talk to some one from Public Mobile, i never try it but as i know u can talk to some one by using this number. Give it a try from ur home phone or any other phone around u.!

I never knew you can actually call PM for support. Guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the insight

Footun7

Thanks but my business lost out bigtime today from a screw up on public mobiles end. I know it's not you but I will continue to post about my experience so another person doesn't have to go through this

Footun7

I have tried that number and 3 others without anyone talking to me

hamaida

Footun7

Been waiting all day without any help or response. I have sent multiple messages without help. They took my payment and canceled my service and will not talk to me at all. In my opinion this prooves that they do not honour their contracts and this company will not last at this rate. Sure it's cheap but when auto pay takes your money and disconnect your service then this company needs to fix this ongoing issue. Hundreds of complaints are on this community about the same issue. Do some reading before you promote this company

hamaida

@Footun7plus if they give me hard time i will not stay 1 day with them and i will switch my number to different provider even if i am going to pay more butNOT to give my self hard time by keep complaining.

I happy with Public Mobile they are the best.

hamaida

@Footun7I am happy with them like others, u can solve ur problems with them.

Try to contact them rather than keep contact me.. u can't ask me to deny or not, this is my opinion.. if u have problems with them i will not run after u and agree with u.

If i face problems i will agree after i face this problems not because u face it...!! I will post what i face, and try to help others if i know!! But if i know nithing i will not agree or deny.

keep contact them and i am sure some one will help u.

u can post ur problem in there page on Facebook and they will reply.

Footun7

Until they disconnect you and take you money which is a breech of the contract that they offer which will cause you a huge inconvenience and takes forever to even talk to anyone about sorting it out.

Footun7

I haven't had a problem until this weekend when they took the payment and then for some odd reason disconnected my service. I have the statement from my account and the money was there and was paid so im not sure why after 3 hours of trying to resolve this and nothing has happened. I use my phone for work and have lost out on wages because of this. The auto pay does not work and many people have been complaining about this problem so if you want to help out rather than deny that this is a problem it might help fix the hundreds of complaints 

hamaida

@Footun7Alot of my friends in Toronto with Public Mobile more than a year and they have No problems at all with them, and they on auto payment.

Just watch your credit card to be sure that u have enough funds and u will be Ok!

I face No problem, I ported 2 numbers and they credited $10 to one of my accounts and they credited $2 for auto payment without contact them, they did it by them self. And they gave $1 for refer a friend.!

Plus I contacted them and they replied  very fast, and thats what usual happened with my friends in Toronto, and they recommend it.

They proved a very good customer services, I dont why people keep complaining.

Footun7

Might be a good deal if they don't over charge and disconnect you when the auto pay feature screws up. Watch you payments close as it will screw up eventually and many clients have had this problem and it takes forever for any solution to this

hamaida

@stonechuckerAny way, Its not big deal new or old, we are looking for good coverage and services and price!! And they are GOOD!

hamaida

@smp99No that's wrong, its was available yes but not with our area code numbers, so I can't take Toronto area code if i live in London.

Thats mean its not available in our city as seryunder our area code.

They refused fee months ago to port my number because our area code not available under there service. But know they port it because our area code is available 

Did u got it?!

@hamaida, please see this post linked below demo May of this year.  You will see the extra 500 or 1500 MB options are a limited time only offer, which can expire at anytime.

Original Offer

Online service has been around since Telus took over the original Public Mobile company.  SIM cards have been bailable online for many years.

EDIT:  Oops.... message posted on June 7th, not in May.  My mistake.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No @hamaida. stonechucker is correct. PM has been available throughout Canada for many years.  Just because most of the population has never heard of it does not mean it was not available. Until recently, the only way to obtain a PM sim was to order it online.  But it was available. 

hamaida

@stonechuckerThats wrong, its new as Public Mobile in our city, We know its under telus network, and they they have No office here or there and they sale there services online or Walmart or or... but its new here as service and sim card. Its first time here

No one can know if the 5.5 GB will stay or NO, what Will expired is the price offer not the plan!!

I hope you understand that!!

@hamaida, Public Mobile has been available on the Telus network for a number of years now, there just hasn’t been a physical location to pick up SIM cards until the expansion to retail outlets like Walmart, Wow Mobile, and K-Mobile.  This is not a new service, and the expiry date is already posted, and as history has shown, is unlikely to change.

The only time it was extended that I can remember, is the old Fall 2016 promotion which was a month long originally, and continued until the backlog was so big that they ended it so they could deal with all the errors that generated the tickets.

I think you will be sadly missing out if you haven’t acted on this.

Need Help? Let's chat.