cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40! OR Get 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: These offers will expire on July 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Hey Community,

We have expired our $40 for 4GB at 3G speed plan, and are offering two new promotional plans that are even better! Now, for a limited time only, get 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 or get 5.5 GB at 3G speed for $45!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get one of these Offers:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

If you are currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan or selected to be on that plan on your next renewal date, please note that the data amount will not automatically update. You will need to change your plan to get one of these offers. See FAQ in the below spoiler for more details.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

What happened to the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 4.5 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $40 for 4.5 GB plan, you can do so in self-serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $40 for 4GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. 

What happens if these plans become unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

267 REPLIES 267

@stonechucker wrote:

@ShawnC13@JL9, I've just checked my reward information.  I too am seeing this now.  It wasn't this way yesterday.

Time for me to send in a message to the Moderators.

Thanks for the heads-up.  As I made the flip the other day, and it appeared to be fine, I assumed it would stay that way.

Now that I think about it the way it is showing is correct.  You get your autopay rewards up front so they credit you the 3 months upon renewal so when you switch they will only need to credit you the 1 month

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13@JL9, I've just checked my reward information.  I too am seeing this now.  It wasn't this way yesterday.

Time for me to send in a message to the Moderators.

Thanks for the heads-up.  As I made the flip the other day, and it appeared to be fine, I assumed it would stay that way.

@stonechucker, what I think @JL9, is saying they are seeing is that they ahve future dated their plan change to the end of a current 90 day plan to a new 30 day plan.  But their rewards are already showing the 30 day plan.  So they should have received $6 for autopay on their next renewal but they are only seeing $2 even though it will be 90 days from their last renewal so they should still get the $6.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

You will get rewards based on the same criteria as before.

On a 30 day plan....

AutoPay is$2/30 days

Loyalty is $1/year/30 days

Refer a Friend $1/friend/30 days

Community Rewards based on Forum participation.

On a 90 day plan....

AutoPay is still $2/30 day (x3) $6

Loyalty is still 1$/year/30 days (x3) $3

Refer a friend is still $1/friend/30 day (x3) $3

So right now, you're seeing a large reduction on the $120 Fall Promo.  Going forward it's going to be 1/3 of the reduction on $40.

There's actually no difference.  You're paying for 1/3 the time, with 1/3 the cost.

@JL9, I did too, but I can change my mind until early September 🙂  Lots of time to think about it.

@polancojuanf wrote:

Hi

want to log in into my account  but I can't iforget my password the sistem said  sent a mesage to my email but I didn't receive any

so I am frustated , Ineed to pay my service and I dont have more data 

please help me

You will need to message a mod the Password Reset hasn't worked in like forever. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
      • account number
      • date of birth
      • complete address listed on account with postal code
      • email address on account
      • most commonly called numbers
      • alternate number listed on the account
      • last payment date and amount
      • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

polancojuanf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

want to log in into my account  but I can't iforget my password the sistem said  sent a mesage to my email but I didn't receive any

so I am frustated , Ineed to pay my service and I dont have more data 

please help me

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I future dated it, but just cancelled it because it changed my future rewards since I'm going from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan. I don't mind that going forward but does that mean I wont get the rewards for the 90 days before I changed. Right now it is supposed to be $16 and not the $6 which it would be for 30 days. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol couldn't hold off any longer. I'm a fall 2016 promo account but had to finally pull the trigger and future date it!!

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wow, this is getting better and better. let see if i can get some more referrals!

sonofjacky

This is awesome! Thank you so much. I have referred a friend already!

JFF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's good to know the market as well. 🙂

@jb11 wrote:

Hi,

Looking to unlock my sim, went on the Virgin Mobile websit and got my master unlock code but now what do I do? 

Thanks 🙂

You would insert a non-Virgin Canada/non-Bell sim card and re-power up your phone.  Your phone should then ask for the unlock code.

jb11

Hi,

Looking to unlock my sim, went on the Virgin Mobile websit and got my master unlock code but now what do I do? 

Thanks 🙂

CalvinW

@stonechucker Thanks. I will pass on your kind words to my sister. I bet she will be thrilled to join this community knowing there are such nice people like you around here. 

GreatCanadian

@CalvinW Be thankful it's 4.5 GB . this plan was $45 for 4 GB, then became $45 for 4 GB plus 500 MB bonus. Then the 4 GB plan was promoed at $40, then morphed into what we have now, 4.5 GB for $40. Half a gig more for $5 less than the original plan. Sounds more than fair to me. By the way the 4.5 GB for $45 is still available in the plan builder. Of course, you don't want that!!

GC

There is another plan for $5 more, which has 5.5 GB.

Seriously, live with 4.5, or pay $45 for 5.5.  This isn't rocket science.

CalvinW

My sister is loving her plan so far. Just a small quibble, wish PM rounded it up to 5GB

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Great..thanks for the input guys. I was thinking the same thing

smp99

@JL9 wrote:

Anyone venture a guess on how long this promo is good for once you do start it? Minimum a year I would hope? After all this uncertainty at the start of the year some stability would be nice!

I think that you will leave this plan to something else before this plan changes. I would not worry about price increases or data plan reductions.

GreatCanadian

@JL9 I wouldn't be able to guess how long the promo will be available to take advantage of. But I'd be quite confident that once you have it, it would be good for more than a year. If not, there would probably be an even better promo that comes along. But that's just my thoughts.

GC

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Anyone venture a guess on how long this promo is good for once you do start it? Minimum a year I would hope? After all this uncertainty at the start of the year some stability would be nice!

smp99

@JL9 wrote:

I'm sorry...I may have missed it, but is there a link for the terms of these new promos? Not just the fact its 30 days 4.5 GB unlimited can calling etc. I mean the full terms in its entirety

This should get you started 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/40for4GB-3Gspeed

But your posts reminds me that PM fairly recently was supposed to have a webpage or tab or something that was just for new promos. I can't locate that anymore. Did they quietly remove it? 

I'm sorry...I may have missed it, but is there a link for the terms of these new promos? Not just the fact its 30 days 4.5 GB unlimited can calling etc. I mean the full terms in its entirety

affanzaheer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

when awesome prices and crazy deals combine together. it is very obvious to happen. 

Money saver=Public Mobile

DL00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Some friends are really starting to show an interest. This might just seal the deal.

retsina

This is a great promotion!

affanzaheer

It is an awesome deal. tell your friends, promote public mobile for good deals. we all will benefit from it.  I am texting my friends for any promotion comes just to inform them so that they could also enjoy great service at best price. 

Thanks Public Mobile

@ec85 wrote:

First time with PM. Had been with Rogers throughout my cellphone career. I got the Walmart credits and was able to recieve them the next business day, then signed up for this plan and ported my number over! Pretty easy!

Great to hear now start spreading the word to friends and family and earn some referral rewards!!

ec85

First time with PM. Had been with Rogers throughout my cellphone career. I got the Walmart credits and was able to recieve them the next business day, then signed up for this plan and ported my number over! Pretty easy!

Need Help? Let's chat.