cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: This weekend only, get the $50 8GB plan for $40/mo for 6 months

@DeniseD wrote:

So I signed up to the promotion this weekend to get 8GB and unlimited calls etc for $40 instead of $50.  But I was charged $50 plus tax.  So how do I get the $10 discount this month and for the next 5 months?

My belief is that the first 30 days were never intended to be $40.  The annoucement and the plan detail pages both have information that don't line up with each other.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sweet deal.  But interesting how lately a lot of promos are only for 6 months or a few months and then goes back to normal.  I'm not entirely a fan of these temporary offers.  Can sometimes be misread and then when the time is up people get mad about it.

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

@SD08  + @srlawren + @Alan_K 

Wouldn't the "sign up for new deals" only send you deals you were *eligible* for? Like promo plan changes?

This was a new act plan

@kav2001c sorry if this has already been mentioned--there are several pages of new responses to this thread since I last read it, and I'm not planning to catch up.  That said:  the sign up for deals notifications is on the public plans page that anyone can see, including new and existing customers.  There's no reason I can think of that this should not have been sent out to it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated $50 8GB for $40 6 months. I did this before the midnite deadline. still not showing on my account. still charging me $50

Mayor / Maire

@ddedios wrote:

I activated $50 8GB for $40 6 months. I did this before the midnite deadline. still not showing on my account. still charging me $50

Did you see this $40 promo plan in the selection list? I'm thinking not but I'm curious.

You should see a $10 credit in your Available Funds inside of a week.

Oracle

@ddedios wrote:

@ddedios wrote:

You did activate before midnight Eastern Right?  As already stated it takes up to 7 days for the credit to be applied to the account.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Public Mobile

Hi all,

I understand some of you are reporting you were charged $50+tax on your first activation. Are you positive you chose the limited time offer in the activation portal? The name of the plan should be: "Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months" and the first charge should have been for $40+ tax. 

You'll need to reach out to the Moderator Team to get you back on the right plan if so, and sorry for the inconvenience caused, I hope I was able to clear things up.

Alan

Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

I understand some of you are reporting you were charged $50+tax on your first activation. Are you positive you chose the limited time offer in the activation portal? The name of the plan should be: "Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months" and the first charge should have been for $40+ tax. 

You'll need to reach out to the Moderator Team to get you back on the right plan if so, and sorry for the inconvenience caused, I hope I was able to clear things up.

Alan

@Alan_K 

From the complaints it would seem for those that complained that they didn't see the "Limited time:" plan. Your system ought to be able to see new activations over the weekend and see if there were people that DID find it.

The wording was a bit hit and miss too Smiley Happy

Public Mobile

@z10user4 wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

Alan

@Alan_K 

From the complaints it would seem for those that complained that they didn't see the "Limited time:" plan. Your system ought to be able to see new activations over the weekend and see if there were people that DID find it.

The wording was a bit hit and miss too Smiley Happy

Announcement coming shortly, thanks for flagging this.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So this may have been the first time that the rate is actually adjusted down by $10 as opposed to receiving 6 - $10 credits? Is that just for the first month and then $10 credits will show up or is the rate actually $40 less any other credits for the six months?

Terry