cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] No longer able to request a rebate on SIM card

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

[UPDATE] As of October 18th we will no longer be providing rebates on SIM cards that were purchased during the potential Canada Post work stoppage. To learn more, check out THIS  post. 

Hello Community,

Just to add some clarity in the process of  "requesting a rebate after ordering a SIM card", as we're seeing many posts on this topic.

1. Order the SIM card online (as per the usual process)
  2. There will be a charge for courier shipping. However, the shipping charges will be rebated to the method of payment you used to pay the shipping charges. Please note that we now offer PayPal as a payment option.
  3. To request your rebate, email rebate@publicmobile.ca with your SIM order number and your Public Mobile phone number. We’ll issue your rebate to the same method of payment for the shipping charges within 7 days of the email being received.

5 REPLIES 5

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Van778

If you send me a private message with the email you used to fill out your SIM card order form, I could find the order number for you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Van778
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where do I find the SIM order number? Unfortunately, I deleted my original e-mail.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Jeremy_M hey one thing I was not clear on; if I order a replacement SIM (already active account) once that SIM is activated I would still receive refund? 

@trshtup the 'rebate process' will be a one-time occurrence for most PM users. Send an email after activating your SIM card and get your refund. I don't know that another way is necessary as email still works great! I got my refund within an hour. I'm just glad that PM has now put this information front in centre in Announcements.

trshtup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks @Jeremy_M; I just went through the rebate process and must say that it was straight forward and timely.  It would be great if there was an in-app (my account) way to get the rebate, but the email process works fine as well. 

Need Help? Let's chat.