cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: [UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

I don’t believe any promises were made

ihaveimpulses
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes they were

public evidence.PNG

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ihaveimpulseswrote:

Yes they were

public evidence.PNG

I can see any lawyer arguing their way out of the OP because it does not state for ever (it just states after the initial 90 days)

However the answer to this 2nd question is damaging (to PM) because the question asks specifically "forever" and the answer is "yes"... but then someone would say that this person answered without the consent of public mobile and likely will be the scapegoat (my post is purely speculative, but I have seen this before)

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

For those who have not been watching the cellular industry

1- When Telus took over Public, Telus instantly cancelled all old plans (with some absurd claim that the new network was better hence they would charge more). Many complaints filed and public outcry (even to media) resulted in nothing.

Telus even broke the terms of service here since most Siren plans had a guaranteed price for 20 months (max you could have used them was 5 to 6 months)

2- Mobilicity advertised "plans for life" but then Chatr (Rogers) took over and changed all the plans. Lots of complaints filed to CCTS but again no dice. 

Prepay providers CAN change "guaranteed" or "for life" plans

Happened before and happening now

Heck look at the TS debacle with Bell - Telus data roaming

Bell was true evil here (cancelling / blocking) but Telus started adding roaming fees without consent

Rockdaddy22

@ihaveimpulseswrote:

Yes they were

public evidence.PNG

Doesn’t look like a promise or guarantee to me. Of course it’s pretty **bleep** close to one, we all thought it’s would last a lot longer than this 😢

Tdog

Why am I being bullied out of my current plan 40/12gb? When I signed up for this plan I was told 

• "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. "
  • I'm not accepting this offer and I'm not switching to koodo, I will however be filing complaint with BBB and ccts exposing how I've been tricked in to signing this plan, very shady of public mobile to lie to me about this when I signed up
Rockdaddy22

Unfortunately it can happen with all carriers 😞

RyanJuergen

This was a lie you just increased it 25%...

Rockdaddy22

I’m going to be rich now, that’s a lot of money for me 🤑

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001cwrote:

For those who have not been watching the cellular industry

1- When Telus took over Public, Telus instantly cancelled all old plans (with some absurd claim that the new network was better hence they would charge more). Many complaints filed and public outcry (even to media) resulted in nothing.

Telus even broke the terms of service here since most Siren plans had a guaranteed price for 20 months (max you could have used them was 5 to 6 months)

2- Mobilicity advertised "plans for life" but then Chatr (Rogers) took over and changed all the plans. Lots of complaints filed to CCTS but again no dice. 

Prepay providers CAN change "guaranteed" or "for life" plans

Happened before and happening now

Heck look at the TS debacle with Bell - Telus data roaming

Bell was true evil here (cancelling / blocking) but Telus started adding roaming fees without consent

The unfortunate reality of our wireless/cable/internet sector in Canada, where customers can be routinely shafted and the government will just sit and watch. Why these corrupt and unethical practices have not been more strictly regulated boggles my mind.

Maybe I should escalate this and send a message to my local MP.

Need Help? Let's chat.