cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@@wadexyz your only option now if you don't already have a sim in hand is this:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Ordering-amp-SIM-Card-Payment-amp-Pi...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Here comes @ronster with all his common sense 🙂

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@wadexyz even the system lets you order a SIM. you won't be able to get it before Nov 20. Do you realize tomorrow is already Friday and there is no mail delivery on weekend?

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@aaronsun333 @mharichu  

ULTIMATE LEGENDARY GUIDE TO ACCESS THE EXISTING 90DAYS PROMO.

- The promo is still ON but you WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT ON THE HOMEPAGE, but it still exists in the internal system thru new activation (Activate SIM card in home page if you scroll down you will see it) or if you already have an existing account you can access to it via self-serve.

SO HOW TO ACCESS THE PROMOTION?

When you have a SIM card go on the home page scroll down and select:

1.Activate SIM card (it will bring you to the page where you have to fill in you SIM card along with your personal info)

2.when you get to the plan section select:

-90days

-unlimited provincial calls

-unlimited text

-12gb of data

3. you should see the final price with the discount applied of the promo.

good luck

courtesy of @ShadowWarrior

aaronsun333
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi PM helper:

i am trying to activate my public mobile SIM and port my rogers number now, however, i cannot find the 90 days plan under my options, please help me.

thank you so much.

Aaron

wadexyz

Except you can't order a SIM now.   That has been disabled that too (i tried) until after the 20th.  If you go to the home page and Press Order A SIM, you get the following message....

"Public Mobile here! Thanks for coming to order a SIM card. Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us. The Public Mobile team"

mharichu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, It would be nice to have some help. for some reason, I can't find the $120 90 days 12 GB plan on the PLANS and ADD-ons

jairolevi

@mharichu

ULTIMATE LEGENDARY GUIDE TO ACCESS THE EXISTING 90DAYS PROMO.

- The promo is still ON but you WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT ON THE HOMEPAGE, but it still exists in the internal system thru new activation (Activate SIM card in home page if you scroll down you will see it) or if you already have an existing account you can access to it via self-serve.

SO HOW TO ACCESS THE PROMOTION?

When you have a SIM card go on the home page scroll down and select:

1.Activate SIM card (it will bring you to the page where you have to fill in you SIM card along with your personal info)

2.when you get to the plan section select:

-90days

-unlimited provincial calls

-unlimited text

-12gb of data

3. you should see the final price with the discount applied of the promo.

good luck

courtesy of @ShadowWarrior

mharichu

Hello

Need some help. I cannot find the promo 

Public Mobile Online Activation under 3. Plan & Add-ons.

Thanks

jairolevi

Just upgraded to this Fall 2016 promo ( before the selfserve gets congested with thousands of activations during the SIM events on Saturday and Sunday ).  I had a Data only SIM before this...

It all went well! Will port my number in next week when things are back to normal ( just in case )

Thank you,

JL.

ShadowWarrior

Promo plan activated and rolling 😉

neilmh316

Wow! this is great info. thanks!@

bcsteeve

@srlawren wrote:

@AP7 wrote:

How do I get a SIM card in the Kitchener Waterloo area?

@AP7 unfortunately you will either need to drive to Toronto during the pick-up hours tomorrow or Saturday, OR, build a time machine and travel back to a time before Nov 15, 2016 and get your order in.  

Depending on traffic, it is a toss-up which is faster.

chewiemelodies

Just switched over from Telus to Public Mobile.

Ordered my SIM card on the 16th, received it on the 17th and activated the same day. The network change from Telus to Public Mobile happened in less than 5 minutes. So far I'm extremely happy with the transition.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I MAY be having a SIM card shipped to me tomorrow. I had to order a new one because my first one never showed up, but customer service sent me a replacement through FedEx for the first one. If i do get it, it means I'll have an extra SIM card. I will be willing to give my extra SIM to someone so that they dont miss this deal

I am in the Toronto area and I may be in the downtown area during the weekend. But there may be a chance that my SIM wont arrive like my first one. I will post an update tomorrow. Not sure how PMs work and all that aha. I just activated my service today 

srlawren

@AP7 wrote:

@AP7 unfortunately you will either need to drive to Toronto during the pick-up hours tomorrow or Saturday, OR, build a time machine and travel back to a time before Nov 15, 2016 and get your order in.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

AP7

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I got my SIM card today! I activated and ported within 10 mins. I came over from Koodo. Be sure to not put dashes in your phone number or account number when you want to port. And be sure to click the I am authorized box as well

If you're coming over from telus/koodo or PC. It was recomneded to create a new number first, then port your number.

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

Just go to a local store

Many small dealers are selling the SIM cards

@kav2001c hey Kav can you please provide some more details here?  Dealers?  There are no PM dealers.  Do you mean Telus dealers?  If so, I do not believe they carry or sell any PM SIM cards.  I'm very curious what you're referring to here.

hetianning

Thank you! You are awesome 🙂

@srlawren it is indeed confusing.. many companies out there market 3G+ as 4G so I learned not to trust them

srlawren

@zhadj030 wrote:

@srlawren

Is it normal to have 4G instead of LTE in the status bar ?

@zhadj030 sorry I just saw this now.  Some phones may refer to LTE as 4G.  Other phones may refer to HSPA+ as 4G, which is not at all correct.  Marketing has made this very fuzzy.  

hetianning

Hi Brooke,

I cannot see the deal on the website anymore. I bought my SIM card from a physical location yesterday. If I activate my SIM card right now, would I still see the promo plan?

Thank you!

Teresa

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
The promo wasn't pulled. It's still available in the self service section and on activate.publicmobile.ca when you sign up. They just removed it from the main website because anybody who hasn't already ordered a sim or planned to pick one up in person can no longer get it. That's what the sticky posts on the main community homepage are stickied for, incidentally.

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

Just go to a local store

@kav2001c huh???

Just go to a local store

bcsteeve

Curious:  what did you think would happen @wadexyz?  Even if it wasn't "pulled" and you could order your SIM now... you have to know you wouldn't get it in time?  Why wait until the last minute when you were aware of the deal ahead of time?

wadexyz

Hi Public Mobile,

Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones who doesn't have a SIM.   I put a reminder in my calendar to sign up before Nov. 20th, and today was that day (17th).   However, I see the promo was pulled yesterday (on the 16th, today is the 17th) and is only available to ppl who have a SIM.

FYI, I don't live near one of the Public Mobile retail outlets.

Considering Public Mobile originally said this would run to Nov. 20th, and it was ended prematurely due to a SIM supply issue (outside of my control), is there any chance I could get a raincheck on this promo (considering it's 3 full days before the promo was supposed to end).

Thx,

Wade.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tonygo wrote:

Can find the add for $40.00 for 4gb  or $120.00 for 12gb   now a different one its  $40.00 for 2gb  so i cant sign up for it can anyone help me please as i like this deal  .

Please read the handful of posts immediately before yours.  

Need Help? Let's chat.