cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

benj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good luck @JUNA1D5HAH! I think the odds are in your favour - anecdotally it seems to take about 3 days, and I believe Canada Post has started their weekend deliveries now 🙂

JUNA1D5HAH
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just pulled the trigger and ordered two SIM cards this morning.

I really hope they are delivered before Nove. 20th.

Shipping from Toronto to Mississauga cannot take that long.

I hope you get your SIM Card too @magical

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@craig91

Short answer: YES.

That is what I am doing.  I am getting the plan now, and porting my number in a few weeks.

Reason: I am referring people with my temporary number, I dont want they to know my real number.

In a few weeks I will port my number, to do this just go to "Plan and Addons" and then "Change number", from there you have the option to get a new number or to port.

Thank you,

JL

craig91

If I activate a promo plan now and get a new number assigned by PM, can I get my existing number ported from another provider in say 1 month and replace the existing PM assigned number? If so what is the process?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm sorry you're not impressed

iPhone_PM_User

Will Public Mobile extend this promo beyond Nov. 20?

@tkgeyer, the plan stays as long as you want it, or until you decide to leave PublicMobile.  You must change the plan to lose it, or let your account go 90 days inactive, after your last renewal.

So keep the plan current, and don't make a change!

imm1304

@tkgeyer, you keep this plan/deal.  Just renew your plan and keep renewing for as long as you want.

tkgeyer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I move this plan and buy the 3 month plan to get the 4GB for $40 per month ($120 up front). After the 3 months is up do I still get to keep this plan/deal or am I moved abck to the 2 GB for $40 plan?

mylabmax

@ShadowWarrior, yes, you can do that.  Just make sure you do the math.  If you are delaying because of a Tab balance, better to just activate and port once you are all set.

srlawren
@ShadowWarrior yes you could do that. The cheapest options are the texting only plans which are $11 for 10 days or $25 for 30 days or $70 for 90 days. Make sure you go in after activating but before Nov 20th and schedule the plan change to the promo plan for your next renewal date.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShadowWarrior

Sorry one last question, can I activate my phone with a small little plan then switch over to the promo 90days plan before the 20th of November?

Thank you again for your help.

ShadowWarrior

Thank you 🙂 

srlawren
@ShadowWarrior no. You have to pay for the initial 90 days @ $120+tax up front. For subsequent renewals you could make one-time payments to your PM account any time you like, though, provided you end up with enough in time for the next renewal payment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShadowWarrior

Hello,

I just received my new SIM today. I'm thinking about setting up the 90 days promo plan. 

Is there a way to pay monthly (40$ + tx) for this plan rather than paying the whole amount (120$ +tx) from the start?

Thank you for your help.

terry7866

This is good to hear!!! I may start to get worried if I don't get it by friday :S

ronster

@srlawren wrote:

@ronster bear in mind the 11th may not have been a stat in Ontario but I'm pretty sure federal employees (aka Canada Post) had the day off, and of course the 12th and 13th were the regular weekend. So it's likely the card wasn't actually picked up from the Telus warehouse until this morning.  I would expect it would arrive to you tomorrow, or possibly Wednesday.

@srlawren you are right.  Google said Canada Post was off on 11/11.  Hope I'll get it tomorrow.  Thanks..

terry7866

Thanks for your response! It is good news, I live in Hamilton, ON which is not too far from missisauga!

Hope to get it soon!

srlawren

@ronster bear in mind the 11th may not have been a stat in Ontario but I'm pretty sure federal employees (aka Canada Post) had the day off, and of course the 12th and 13th were the regular weekend. So it's likely the card wasn't actually picked up from the Telus warehouse until this morning.  I would expect it would arrive to you tomorrow, or possibly Wednesday.

ronster

@imm1304 wrote:

@terry7866,

There is really very high probability that you will get the sim delivered by Wednesday or Thursday.

If you don't get the sim cards by Thursday or Friday, post an update here.  Someone may have spare sim cards near you.  If in Toronto, you can pick up from me as well.. free, of course.   

@imm1304@ I ordered SIM on Nov 10 @3:00am received an order shipped email on Nov 11 at 8:55am.  I would expect it to arrive today.  My mailbox is still empty.  I am in GTA.  So I hope I can get it tomorrow.  I checked my credit card and it still wasn't charged though.

drej
I had the same question and the unfortunate answer is no. But a member suggested searching Kijiji, which gave me results for places selling the sim card. You can also search online in your city... some electronics / mobile stores might sell them.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Quick answer: NO

@T_J_C wrote:

Hey I ordered a sim card to sign up for this but I am worried it may not arrive in time! Is it possible to sign up and claim this offer without the sim card in hand yet?

Sedul

Thanks, that seems to have worked

T_J_C

Hey I ordered a sim card to sign up for this but I am worried it may not arrive in time! Is it possible to sign up and claim this offer without the sim card in hand yet?

Just out of curiosity, which city do you live in?

gy1

Hey folks,

I ordered a new sim card more than a week ago but haven't received it yet. I hear it takes 2 days only. Can I get some help please. I already sent a support ticket but I was directed to the community page.

Cheers,
George

Chris1223

I really hope that there's going to be a Christmas sort of promotion in the future.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zanunz wrote:

@makkahn28 Well I tend to disagree.  I have been in customer service for many years, and still am and every customers concerns are number 1 priority whether they are new or been with you for 20 years.

Bad publicity is not something that any company wants these days with the social media highway's that are out there.

I didn't say your problem wasn't important at *all*.  I just said that it was *less* important than the new customers who are having issues getting service at all right now.  A lost sim card, in the grand scheme of things, is probably less damaging from a publicity point of view than the several new customers who have lost service due to incomplete ports and failed activations.  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@zanunz

Absolutely! & I also sent you a reply! 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

zanunz

Thanks @Shazia_K

I see that option now.

So are you able to see my PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.