cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yea. Welcome to PM. I will be more happy if the addon for long distance is cheaper. Considring the plan prices.  @birkykid

prasprime

No. You have to activate the connection.  @Charbs20

Charbs20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I purchase the $5 SIM card now and hold onto it for a few months until my Rogers plan expires, and still get the promo deal?

lostinspace

had an issue updating plan to fall promo as an existing customer , but quickly got resolved with help of PM moderator SHAZIA K. 1000 kudos to her.. everytime i had in issue, quickly got resolved. Public Mobile the best.. so are the moderators.

The best thing, is that Promos like this currently have ZERO expiry, like how Wind $50 for $45 for 10 Months, example.

Promo Plan = Lifetime as long as you KEEP/RETAIN Plan

birkykid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Such a good offer, just ported my parents over, effortless only took 30 min to finish porting. Keep up the great service PM! 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@vermatanya

This is normal behaviour as you just ported your number, please allow up to 2 hours for the port to go through.

Thanks,

Jeremy

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vermatanya send a PM to the mods, see this thread regarding the information they'll need.  Unfortunately, they are helping people in the order that they request help (as there are many in the same situation as you).  If your old sim can still receive calls and texts, you might want to consider leaving that one in your phone (or if you a second phone, putting it in that one for the time being).  

Edit: please also do not post your account information or phone number publicly.  Anybody can read these forums.

vermatanya

Hi, 

I entered the wrong information upon registration. 

I am trying to port my number 

I can send texts and make outgoing calls but am unable to recieve texts and calls.

I need this number ported asap as I am currently expecting emergency phone calls from relatives in India regarding my mother. 

Please help me

ute1978

@WearySky wrote:

Yup.  I'm down to $93+tax per 90 days thanks to autopay rewards and referral rewards (and fingers crossed I'll pick up some community rewards as well).

Not a topic in this thread but yes @WearySky, with your dedication you will at least be in the top 5% with a reward of $4 this month.

EDIT: It's not a guarantee but my very good gut feeling.

@WearySky & @SubieFan

Just as an FYI

What you guys are discussing is the OLD Public Mobile

Before Telus bought them

They used to always have promos like $10 off per month for 20 months if your plan is in good standing etc

Hasn't been like that in a long time

Closest thing Telus/Public did was a BETA bonus of $10 credit for people on new plans

But still not same as account could get suspended in a month and get credit back the next month

WearySky

@Jonavin wrote:

Yes the catch is you'll probably be paying less than $120+tax every 90 days due to autopay rewards, referal rewards, annual rewards, community post rewards, and other reasons.

Yup.  I'm down to $93+tax per 90 days thanks to autopay rewards and referral rewards (and fingers crossed I'll pick up some community rewards as well).

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Great catch 🤑

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The plan is so good that people are still asking questions about its longevity even though the veyr first post spells out very clearly that this plan is "forever" as long as you sign up during the promo period and don't switch to naother plan. There's got t be a catch right?

Yes the catch is you'll probably be paying less than $120+tax every 90 days due to autopay rewards, referal rewards, annual rewards, community post rewards, and other reasons.

srlawren
@WearySky nice catch! I totally didn't make the connection but that sounds exactly like what @SubieFan was describing.

So to be clear: it's not a limitation as to how long you can keep this plan, but rather around a separate discount you can earn on top of the great plan price just by staying with Public Mobile 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

@SubieFan wrote:

Is there a limitation on this offer? I read somewhere that with PM, there is like a 12 consecutive months, up to 60 month limit.

Thanks.

It sounds like maybe you're confusing this offer with the loyalty reward - where after the first year you get $1 off per month for every year that you're with PM, up to a limit of $5 off per month (5 years).  Otherwise, I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about 🙂

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For some reason, when I checked today my future dated plan change no longer shows in my account. My renewal is just a few days after this plan is no longer available. I've added it back and it's showng the future date change again. I hope this glitch doesn't happen again.

srlawren
@imm1304 great explanation!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hey @SubieFan, the limitation is on the promo period.  You have until Novermber the 20th to sign up for this promo.  

The original post very clearly states that you can keep the plan as long as you keep your account active by renewing the plan every 90 days.

This community forum thread is the official word directly from public mobile.  Anything else you read elsewhere is not official word and if it differs from what is on this forum, then obviously you should accept the statement here and disregard what you read elsewhere.    

Rockdaddy22
5 years?

srlawren
@SubieFan huh? Where did you read that? I'm not even sure what you're saying... Consecutive months? There no contract if that's what you're asking. And no maximum number of months either.

gojeffgo

@SubieFan Once you get this plan, it won't change, unless you decided to change plans.

SubieFan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a limitation on this offer? I read somewhere that with PM, there is like a 12 consecutive months, up to 60 month limit.

Thanks.

gojeffgo

Mods told me it would take 48 hours +/-

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, so it looks like you didn't even need the intervention of a mod. That's great news.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take in total for the port to finally happen.

gojeffgo

@Rockdaddy22 Mine didn't get ported properly when I signed up but I got a text last night at 2am saying that everything was transferred over successfully. Called my phone and it worked

Rockdaddy22
Do you know how it was solved @gojeffgo? Definitely appreciate the update 🙂

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@al77,

It always good to try with two internet browsers like FireFox, Chrome or IE.

gojeffgo

@Mary_M Hi Mary,

It's been a bit more than 48 hours now and I still cannot receive calls or texts , even after rebooting my phone

Everything is working now 🙂

al77

definitely did that , it was $135 something.  

after trying over and over for 20 mins the screen finally updated with a "change plan now" button... buggy site.  this has happened before 😕

for the first while it only had the option to "top up to reactivate plan" - which was a more expensive plan.  the "change on next renewal date button" was not highlighted and wouldn't work either.

anyway..sorted now...

Need Help? Let's chat.