cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

spmckinnon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Change Plan page seems to be having issues, see attached screenshot.

Change Plan Error

Ooskalabebe

Thanks for clarifying!

@prasprime @srlawren

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ooskalabebe yes, and yes.  It is fully rewards eligible!    (cc: @prasprime)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@jclarke1983 it can, but with a big caveat.  What happens if you click the button on the left to apply the plan change immediately instead of the button on the right to schedule it for next renewal is that your current plan is immediately stopped and any time left forfeitted without refund and a new 90 day cycle will start.  You will be billed for the $120+tax for the upcoming 90 days right away also. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't think so. @Ooskalabebe

Ooskalabebe

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but is this promo plan qualified to take advantage of the loyalty and/or the community badge rewards?

Thanks very much!

jclarke1983

can the plan be changed now? I do not see that as an option

imm1304

@al77, this promo applies only to province-wide calling.  

The alternatives for calling Canada-wide while on this promo plan would be to buy a talk add-on or use hangout dialer and/or fongo app for free calling.  

@al77 that is correct

Discount is not applicable on Canada Wide plan

Provincial only

al77

@Brooke_C

i just tried to setup my account to take advantage of this october promo - it applies the $126 discount for a 90 day plan *ONLY* if i choose province wide talk (along with 12gb data and unlimited international text).  If i choose canada wide talk, the promo is disappears from the far right bar and the price goes from $120 to $201 (instead of going to $136 which would make sense).

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@savioceg just to be clear, @Mary_M is one of the moderators that you can send a private message to.  But all of them will get it since it goes into a shared message pool.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @savioceg

Please send a private message including your phone number to one of the moderators, someone will be able to change the plan for you!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

gojeffgo

I'm trying to register an account, but it says my phone number is invalid or I already have an account.

But I don't even have an account nor my phone number is invalid

Help

savioceg

Hi , 
I got this notification about the new plan and i logged into my account and requested for a plan change from my next ayment schedule ( October 31st 2016 ) . Credit card was charged and i am still with the old plan as per my accounts page ( 6 gigs for 3 months ) . Could someone please clarify the same ?

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news, thanks for the update 🙂

Hieberrr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wanted to let you guys know, my port has been completed and no issues anymore! 

DaBruuzer
Successfully switched over two days ago. No issues with my port, and I am LOVING this community! Switched my wife over last night, and will be switching my son's phone over this weekend. Bravo PM!

srlawren

@prasprime this is a good question that I have not personally tested; however, it's my understanding that the call would go directly to your voicemail, where they could indeed leave you a message.  If I am wrong, hopefully someone will correct me shortly.

prasprime

@srlawren One more question. Say I am in roaming. I dont have Canada Wide Pack only province wide. Do the caller can leave a voice mail ? or nothing. Thanks in advance. 

srlawren

@prasprime yes, anywhere in Canada that has a signal.  

prasprime

I can use data though ? 

@prasprime wrote:

Also, another question. If i go with province wide calling plan. Do I get incoming call when I am out of province? Thank you 

Sorry, but no, your phone won't even ring unlesss you pay extra for a long distance add-on.

prasprime

Hi, Thanks for your reply. 

I am new Memeber Just 3 days ago, I ported. I choosed the 90 days+ unl Canada wide + text + 3 Gb data. paid 

I haven't read the promo properly. now I realized to take advantage of $120 plan. Is it too late? 

Thanks in advance for anyhelp. Also, another question. If i go with province wide calling plan. Do I get incoming call when I am out of province? Thank you 

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Llyrik Welcome to Public Mobile! Smiley Very Happy

Llyrik
Signed up on the promo and moved over from Telus. Couldn't be happier with the service from PM. The community is active and helpful and the transition has been seamless.

Hieberrr

@srlawren Yup, I've rebooted and same thing. I'm gonna give it a bit more time. If it doesn't help, I guess I'll try this thread again tomorrow when the PMs are back.

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 no worries!

@Hieberrr just checking--have you rebooted after receiving the completion text?  If not, try that and see if it helps.  If you have rebooted and still no luck, give it an hour or two more, reboot again, and re-test.  Hopefully the last bit is just lagging a little due to the volume of port requests.

Hieberrr

I just signed up for the plan and ported my number from Wind. I received a text saying that my transfer request has been completed successfully, however I am unable to receive calls right now. I can make them, just not receive them. 

@Shazia_K @Mary_M

Rockdaddy22
Sorry didn't realize you had communications with this user at an earlier time.

Rockdaddy22
Fair enough, we need more info 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.