cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks @srlawren for pointing that out. I have updated the post so that it more clearly states that Community members that have signed up for the promo plan will continue to pay $120 as long as they are an active member on that plan. 

galadriel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just changed plans.

Thanks!

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

Alot of posts seem to be asking about what happens after the 90 days

Which is funny, since it says right in the original post "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer" - somebody posted above that this is unclear, but it seems pretty clear to me.

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c wrote:

You will continue to use same plan as long as you top up

This is NOT like the promo (scam) plans from big3 or Wind, where price is discounted for a short period then price increases

Your price will remain the same (Public + former Mobilicity were only 2 carriers who never changed peoples plans on them, every other carrier has price increases)

In fairness, Public Mobile COULD change the price plan or terms at any time.

But, as you note - they have a stellar record of honouring and grandfathering price-plans.

(One we all hope will continue).

PHT

You will continue to use same plan as long as you top up

This is NOT like the promo (scam) plans from big3 or Wind, where price is discounted for a short period then price increases

Your price will remain the same (Public + former Mobilicity were only 2 carriers who never changed peoples plans on them, every other carrier has price increases)

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

just switched to this plan yesteryday. thankyou for the good deal!

orangeworx
@Jonavin & @WearySky thanks for "clarification", I'm not complaining 🙂 , should be at my 3rd yr very soon so that's an extra 3$...@105$/90days, it's an even better deal heh

@hopetindall thanks for the input, I did get the chance to fiddle with an OP3 and heard of the OP3S and X2, I will be looking out for these before I swap.

clavije

it all depends on the quality of signal that you receive,  i live under the umbrella and the signal is very weak, has nothing to do with the provider just my bad luck that i'm under that umbrella, i tried all providers and all the same result, but i don't worry i use wifi at home and the problem is solved , everywhere else is 4g all the way

cheers

hopetindall

@srlawren wrote:

@Udonitron yes, it will be prorated.  You will get a refund for the unused portion of your month from Rogers.  If you have any outstanding device balance, you will be billed for that immediatley after the port completes.

And if you want to be tactical - it seems that the device balance goes down as soon as the new billing period starts. So it's better to cancel sometime into the start of the billing period rather than the end of the billing period.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@johnb56789 you've done exactly the right thing by messaging Shazia your details. She can correct this for you, but it may take some time to get to your request.  Please try to be patient, it will get fixed, but there are others whom are unable to use their service that will likely be helped first,  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Don't worry, it's a known bug. I promise you won't miss it, Shaz will take good care of you. Just remember not all mods are in everyday.

srlawren

@Udonitron yes, it will be prorated.  You will get a refund for the unused portion of your month from Rogers.  If you have any outstanding device balance, you will be billed for that immediatley after the port completes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

johnb56789

Hello,

Apparently my changeover to this plan was unsuccessful and I was charged for it and only given the 6GB Plan, I did put in a change for when my at the time current plan ended (October 29th), but was charged the incorrect amount and not put on this plan. I have messaged @Shazia_K for help.

I would like to get this sorted out to make sure I don't miss it

Udonitron

Got my SIM today Smiley Very Happy

So now that my new billing cycle has started with Rogers, if I port my # over I wonder if Rogers pro rates the amount?

Gonna have to find out before switching.Smiley Indifferent

srlawren

@zanunz yes same network and towers as Telus and Koodo but better value.  You're going to love it.

Please see the DOs and DON'Ts listed in this post, plus my link to the suggested activating and porting procedures in the first reply.

Support is only via this community here, or via the "contact us" form on the public mobile website, which sends an email to an email support team for assistance.  My personal recommendation is always try the community first, it seems to be more consistently helpful.

EDIT:  @Brooke_C I was just about to point out that the answer to the "after 90 days??" question was in the 3rd bullet of the "things you need to know" on your very first post in this thread, when I realized it's slightly ambiguous.  It currently reads:

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer

I think this is where some of the questions are arising as to whether the plan goes up after the 90 days!  It doesn't specify.  Can I please recommend that you revise that bullet to mention the pricing if you decide to stay on the plan after your first 90 days?  🙂

zanunz

I figured it had, but only read through about 6 pages....didn't see any at that point.

Well thats awesome, I was worried that price went up.  One more question, do you use same towers as Telus and Koodo?  I am currently a Koodo user.  Also any questions we ask in here, or is there phone support if any issues?

srlawren

Hi @rumblefish,

This occasionally happens.  Brook isn't the right staff memeber to help, so please send a private message to @Mary_M with your public mobile phone number, and that you scheduled a plan change to the promo plan which did not work.  She will be able to adjust it for you fairly soon. But don't worry, it is fixable, and will be fixed, as soon as Mary or another moderator has a moment to do so.  Please try to be patient.

srlawren

@zanunz Sorry if this reply is curt, but the question about after 90 days has been answered several dozen times already.  The short story is:  you can keep the plan as long as you like.  You will only lose it if you either intentionally change to another plan after Nov 20th, OR, your account becomes deactivated after 90 days past the end of your last paid cycle.  You can keep it indefinitely, at the same price and features.

You can also cancel at any time you want, before the 90 days are up, after, or 6 years from now.  Or tomorrow.  Know this about cancelling:

- the way you do it is to remove autopay from your account (if you had it activated), remove your credit card (if you had it stored for autopay), and then just don't add any funds manually.  Your account will become suspended as soon as your current paid cycle is done, and then 90 days later will be closed forever.

- since Public Mobile is a pre-paid model, they do not give any refunds for anything unused if you want to cancel your service.  So, if you sign up today and cancel tomorrow, you will get nothing back.  If you sign up today and cancel in 89 days, you get nothing back.  And anywhere inbetween.

US Roaming is coming "soon", hopefuly later this month.  Not much else has been released in terms of details at this point, so we have to wait and see.

rumblefish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi brook

wondering why my plan did not switch over to the 90 day promo i had funds in my account for this and it reverted to the old plan with a balance in my account could you please fix this issue for me

ron

zanunz

Hi, not sure if this has been asked yet but, if I get this amazing deal, what happens after the 90 days? Does the price go up?  Does it stay the same and you pay another 90 days at $120?  Do you keep the same plan until you cancel?

After the 90 days, can you cancel?  If you do get same price for another 90 days, can you cancel anytime in the 90 days, or do you have to wait that 90 days.

Also I thought I saw somewhere that the roaming plans would be introduced sometime in November?  That would be great if you could buy like 50 texts for $5.00 or something while in the USA, or a complete 50 texts, 10 minutes talk time and 100mb data for like $10 or 15 and use until they run out.

WearySky

@Udonitron wrote:

@Ionut 

I saw that too and thought it was a really strange choice but I cannot remember the last time I went out of BC. 
If I were to go to the US I would get the 400min plan for sure but say I didn't and there was an emergency, that is odd that people could not get through to me and obviously those 400 minutes count towards incoming calls, not just outbound. 

If you were to go to the US you wouldn't be able to use your phone at all, at the moment.  No matter what plan you got 🙂

Udonitron

@Ionut 

I saw that too and thought it was a really strange choice but I cannot remember the last time I went out of BC. 
If I were to go to the US I would get the 400min plan for sure but say I didn't and there was an emergency, that is odd that people could not get through to me and obviously those 400 minutes count towards incoming calls, not just outbound. 

hopetindall

@orangeworx wrote:
@hopetindall how do you like your OP3? I'm considering the upgrade but I love my OP2 (too much lol)

@orangeworx

I never had the OP2, I've had OP1 (which is great; but I gave it away to my daughter) - and the OP3.

OP3 battery life is great - I get 1 1/2 to 2 days no problem.

I DID turn off 'Doze' in developer options since it was causing me to not receive some notifications [or rather to receive too many notifications when I woke up the phone all at once] - known issue in the OP forums.  Even with Doze off battery life is excellent.

No real complaints at all. It's ever so slightly smaller than my old Galaxy Note 3 - but I really like the OP3 - fast, no voice or data problems, fast fingerprint scanner, nice audio, lots of memory, 64GB!, I like the notification slider more than I thought I would [I think you have that too!]. I love that it's Dual SIM! (been using for testing, but will be great for travel options).

My only complaint is the notification LED isn't as bright as my Samsung phones were! No a big deal at all.

There are good and fulsome reviews on Youtube (I like Erica Griffin's long long video reviews on Youtube-).

PHT

EDIT:  ** Apologies for posting off-topic ** 

Jonavin

@orangeworx nope, max is 5 years. so $15 off your 3 month plan.

WearySky

@orangeworx It's actually capped at $5 per 30 days (after 5 years), per the Loyalty Rewards post

orangeworx
@Jonavin you're capped at 2$ per 30 after 2 yrs, I believe. I get 12$ every 90 from autopay and loyalty (+2yrs) I'm a happy camper. Occasional referral and community points get me a few $ less so that's the cherry on top!

orangeworx
@hopetindall how do you like your OP3? I'm considering the upgrade but I love my OP2 (too much lol)

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Jonavin

Thats my plan, I am on autopay and have 8 referrals 🙂

Wont stop until my bill is $0 hehe.

Seriously this plan is AWESOME, referring people with this plan is super easy!

Thank you,

JL.

hopetindall

@orangeworx wrote:
This limitation is not from the plans nor the phone imo, since I'm on a grandfathered plan and can do the same (total of 3), I'll have to wait for the new plan to take effect to try it out with OP2 and see if I can get more ppl ... I never tried conferencing more ppl.

Thanks @orangeworx - let us know how it goes (I did my testing on OP3)

[btw - unlocked, reasonably priced phone + PM = Awesome!]

Jonavin

The $120 12GB plan is for 3 months only after that the prices changes....

... for the better.  It becomes $114 for 3 months if you signed up for AutoPay. If you stay a year, it's $111 for 3 months. Refer two friends, now the price is $105. Hey maybe you posted some helpful posts in the community, now it's $101 per 3 month. Year two is done, take off another $3 for 3 months. And so on... at some point in the future you could be paying ZERO.

So yes, the price will change, but it's probably going to go cheaper as you go... until PM decides 12GB isn't enough and gives us 20GB for the same price (not saying that will happen, they've already gave us more data twice this year).

Need Help? Let's chat.