cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @clavije -- this has been answered many, many times already.  You keep the plan as long as you like, as long as you get onto it by Nov 20th.  

You will lose the plan when either:

1) you explicityly and intentionally change the plan to another plan after Nov 20th, or

2) your do not pay for 90 days after your last paid cycle ended, at which point your account is closed

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

clavije
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

found the answer 

gihan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Well then this plan not going to work for me...... :(:(

imm1304

Exactly what @srlawren said.  Sorry, I should have written more clearly.  

Sri Lanka is not on the list of countries that PM offers long distance services to.  Just click on the link in my previous post and you can see the list.  Cheers.

srlawren

@gihan I think @imm1304 was in a rush:  the $8 add-on buys you 200 minutes to any number in Canada or the USA.  Only the $15/400 minute add-on gets you international minutes;  HOWEVER, as he stated, Sri Lanka is not included in that list.  So,  neither of these add-ons will help calling there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gihan
I'm going to switch over from wind, hope this is a better deal

gihan
Sounds good so if i use the $8 add on I can make calls right?

imm1304

@gihan, You will not be able to directly call Sri Lanka using your PM phone.  

PM's long distance add-on minutes allow you to call out of province within Canada, US, and these 18 countries only: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/td...

The rate works out to either 4 cents/minute ($8 for 200 minutes) or 3.75 cents/minute ($15 for 400 minutes) regardless of which of these countries (from the list) you call.

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Our 3rd SIM card arrived - so just ported our last line (actually my phone) from Rogers to PM today.

We'd been with Rogers for 26 years.  

I'm actually sorry to leave - Rogers has been great; but couldn't not take the savings.

I hope PM with be as reliable as Rogers and works in all the places I need to go (so far no problems!)

thanks PM!

htmike

Thanks for the reply, though I would prefer the plan to change over sooner than January, in all fairness im paying the same amount for the next 3 months, why not get the additional data. 

SpicyBoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Without any problems i changed my plan, it's says that when i'll do a renewal of my plan on january i'll have the new plan with 12 data/3 month , is it enough, or i need to do anything else?

Your plan will be changed on Jan 25, 2017.
Make sure to have enough available funds in your account for your new plan.
Or sign up for AutoPay and never worry about making a payment, no matter what your plan.

htmike

Thank you for youe assistance... I did change from a grandfathered account. All i did was *611 on the phone and there was a live operator. Doesn't work today.

Ionut

@jairolevi that's cool. Good Idea. i will look forward to that 🙂 

srlawren

@gnet you're an existing customer changing to this plan, right?  

gihan

Just orded a sim to sign up for the promo plan. What are the rates for international calling, specially SriLanka

srlawren

Hi @htmike, I'm going to ask @Shazia_K to please assist you.  It's unfortuante you were not told about the plan!  Were you changing from a grandfathered plan?  It's unsual you were able to get any help on the phone at all actually.  

gnet

when i try to change my plan is show there is a fall promo 2016 on the option but i does not apply it when i select 3 option how can i set it to get this promotion

Thanks

htmike

I just switched over to the 6gig of data for 3 months, actually it took affect today. At no point did the customer service person on the phone tell me about the 12 gig 90 day prepaid plan!!!

How can i switch over quickly without having to wait till January 29, 2017??

Please help

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Ionut

I had thought of that too, but when going out of the country.

With my current setup (VOIP) if someone leaves me a message it forwards a copy of it to my email, then I just call back using Hangouts ( USA and Canada calls are free )

My plan is to instead of having PublicMobile forward my calls to Voicemail when unavailable, to forward my calls to my VOIP when unavailable.... 

... so no matter where in the world I am I will get my Voicemail on my email.

Not sure if this works for you but wanted to share what I am doing...

JL

@Ionut wrote:

i was close enough to move my plan but i stoped when i read the post. The plan it's so amazing but have a issue. If by chance you get away from your Province NOBODY  can call you if you don't have a LD -ADD also it will charge you per minute. pIfff

Ionut

i was close enough to move my plan but i stoped when i read the post. The plan it's so amazing but have a issue. If by chance you get away from your Province NOBODY  can call you if you don't have a LD -ADD also it will charge you per minute. pIfff

Udonitron

Sweet action jackson, thanks mate.

s2scotty

@Udonitron, all PM plans include VM and callerID.

/S

Udonitron

Pardon my ingnorance but what all does this plan include?

VM, Caller ID, etc?

I ordered my SIM last week so it should be here any time now.

Bye Bye Rogers after 10 years!

Cheers

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jeremy_M Sure, but I figure it's better to point it out (based on the numerous complaints noticed over the last few days) so that people don't have it affect them in a month or two and forget to check.  Just want to make sure everybody gets in on this sweet sweet plan. 🙂

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imm1304 

You're directly on point with the "Future dating issue".

@Cyber @WearySky

This is an issue that is impacting a very small base of customers, as most customers are able to "future date" with no issue.Robot Happy

However, we did escalate this issue internally and we're looking to have a quick resolution in place shortly.

Note: Nice to see you visiting us @Cyber, it's been a while 🙂

Cheers,

Jeremy

s2scotty

It has appeared to me that wrt/CHANGE @ RENEWAL is that you must FIRST, pre-CHANGE post the necessary funds to cover the target plan BEFORE making the CHANGE. Even though you are allowed to cover it later, you just have to cover it before. If you cover the amount after the CHANGE button push it always seems to go sideways.

/S

@imm1304, thank you.

I retired before the launch of the oracle program for personal reasons.

I'm still very happy to have contributed to the launch of Public Mobile and bringing my help on the english and french community. This was well appreciated.

imm1304

Slightly off-topic, @Cyber:  I just noticed you have authored 504 solutions!!! Respect.  

@WearySky, very good initiative from your part.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cyber wrote:

My opinion is when a person is planning to use the "Change on next renewal date", you should inform him that this may work or not.

+

If failure of the plan change occur, explain him how to get in touch with Public Mobile.

Yup.  Any time I've seen somebody get instructed to use "change on next renewal date" I've been adding a note for them to double check that it actually works, due to the existing bug.

Need Help? Let's chat.