cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

spoolinx86
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is great, I currenltly have the 90 day 6GB plan and just switched it to 12GB for my next renewal. 😄

Cloud9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Just made the switch myself and porting from Telus was seamless. I only had to manually pick the correct APN on my oneplus 2. Otherwise, the port was instant.

So far, A+ experience!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Same great network

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks!!

Koodo used to have such competitive plans, but now they've really lost the competitive edge. Been with them for 6 years, and finally making a switch! Didn't have any problems with a sub brand of Telus, so I am hoping Public Mobile will be the same!

Rockdaddy22
Welcome to the PM family 🙂

I'll be switching someone from Koodo in the next few days.

Watoko

Such a great plan! Immediately switched over from Koodo, very hassle free!

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know a lot of Roger's folks who are switching (myself and my wife included) - but I can't help speculating that this promo is targetted at WIND; to try and gain share prior to WIND's LTE rollout.

Either way very happy so far with the service at PM.

PHT

WearySky

Just finished my sign up.  All in all, not too painful.  Was able to make outgoing calls and texts and use data immediately, and incoming started working a half hour later.  Not too shabby.  See ya later Rogers!

Now, just have to check and see why I'm only getting H+ on my Nexus 6P.

@Cyber by that logic then I can direct you to a thread how to get the $48 Koodo plan. Quebec specific plans are not same thing as what Public offers nationwide.

Even in your example:

1- POSTPAID not prepay (all kinds of advantages to prepay, everything from not requiring credit check to the fact that if you are away on vacation for a month you do NOT need to pay)

2- 1GB of data (with temporary 1GB bonus) is still only HALF of what the 12GB offers (avg of 4GB per month, plus flexibility if you need to use more during 90 day cycle)

3- You also forget to mention that extra 911 fee that Quebec hits you for 

You guys keep claiming credit check is a non-issue; I used to work for a cell company back in the day and forget just teens, even adults fail credit checks and get put on spending caps, require deposits, or fail outright

You are delusional if you think that is not important to most Canadians

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
This plan includes: -
- 6GB Data
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 3 Choices

This is the plan I'm on, $135. So tell me again it wasn't offered. You guys are pretty sure of yourselves lol Pretty sad you guys can't admit you might be wrong. I wouldn't be so sure if I wasn't on that plan.

@Rockdaddy22 again, cmon dude that is the NORMAL plan

A promo plan is a limited time offer / special offer

I could sign up for what you described today if I wanted to

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Stop getting so defensive just cause we say you are wrong Cat Wink

Ionut

@Rockdaddy22 i will be happy with that. I will switch to the only Provincial and 12 GB of data to see if i could survive 3 months on Canada Wide through VOIP. After that's why i have 2 line of VoIP. Let's give a shot i will come in couple of days with the consumption of data through VOIP. Dying to see how much data i will consume after 5 hours of calling thorugh VoIP

Rockdaddy22
$135 would definitely make the most sense, but I know a few people who would happily pay $160 for this promo plus nationwide calling.

@srlawren wrote:

@makkahn28 so you want the target price for Canada wide talk + global text + 12GB to be $165-180 per 90 days?  Theoretically, if PM were to give out the same $66 extra promo discount, I would think we'd be looking at the $135 price point....

My reasoning behind this would be about fair price, not cheap all the time

If they offered Unlim Can-US Talk + Global Txt and 12 GB for $160 90 Day, that's a $53.3333 per 30 Day

That would be the most phenominal thing ever

hopetindall

@hopetindall wrote:

Savings $77.97 / month or $936 a year. 

Hmmmmmm   ... 

Smiley Happy

Maybe I can afford a new phone now!!!

hopetindall

thanks @imm1304 

we did that - great reward program too!

imm1304

Hi @hopetindall!   Those are some serious savings, enjoy!  

Also, when you sing up yourself, enter your wife's public mobile number for the "Refer A Friend" reward, that will save you additional $1 per 30 days.  

hopetindall

Awesome deal.

Moved my wife's line from Rogers to PM yesterday.

Moving mine next week.

We'll go from paying $145.00 per month for 5GB plus unlimited talk and text on Rogers to

$76 per month for 8GB total (4GB each) plus ulimited talk (albeit in our province) and text on PM.

Savings $77.97 / month or $936 a year. Yes there may be some tradeoffs - but I couldn't not switch with this amazing deal. Thank you PM!

imm1304

@PBForMe, Name, Account number, Phone number and the IMEI of the phone being used with the previous carrier should be sufficient for a port request.  

lizoneill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is great!!! I just signed up and was sad to miss out as I need Canada wide over Christmas; but I won't miss out. Happy early Christmas gift!

PBForMe

A friend wants to port but can't remember their pin number. Is the account number sufficent or is a pin number also required to complete the port?

srlawren

@makkahn28 so you want the target price for Canada wide talk + global text + 12GB to be $165-180 per 90 days?  Theoretically, if PM were to give out the same $66 extra promo discount, I would think we'd be looking at the $135 price point....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If PM had a Promo where Canada-Wide Talk + Global Txt and 12 GB for $55-$60 per 30 Day for 90 Days, that would be even sweeter

srlawren

@boldventure each line is its own account, so they are separate.  You can definitely use your first # as referral number for the second.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

boldventure

Thanks

Can I use the 1st mobile number as the referral for the 2nd mobile number if I put the 2nd one in the same account number or do I need to create a different account for the 2nd one? 

majsiddiqui
@Jeremy_M

Yes, I find the Community is filled with useful knowledge. The staff and customers are very knowledgeable and always willing to help others. This is one of the reasons I decided to move to PM. I find everyone in the Community treats everyone with respect, gives them the opportunity to express themselves.

Let's keep this positive attitude going!!

@boldventurewrote:

Anyone that was with Koodo experienced the same email issue when creating an account with PM?

The solution others mentioned was use a different email address then update it later.
But my Koodo account will be still active because I have a home phone and only the mobile phone numbers will be ported, can I still use the same email address in PM?

Thanks

Yes you can. It just to prevent any errors in porting process. Once you have everything up and running, i don't see why you can't use the same email. 

boldventure

Anyone that was with Koodo experienced the same email issue when creating an account with PM?

The solution others mentioned was use a different email address then update it later.
But my Koodo account will be still active because I have a home phone and only the mobile phone numbers will be ported, can I still use the same email address in PM?

Thanks

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@yads

Thanks for sharing!

Please disregard the message you received. This is definitely a system glitch as described earlier and will see to it that it gets resolved promptly. 

Cheers,

Jeremy

yads

It was an email.

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile. 

I understand your request and it will be a pleasure to assist you today.

Your current plan is for 90 days with Provicial talk / International text / 6gb for 75$

For any other questions, feel free to visit the Community. From there, you can receive help from your peers and also, by helping them, you can gain rewards.

Thank you for being a part of Public Mobile

Best regards,

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@yads

What type of message did you receive? (SMS, email..etc.)

@srlawren Noted and our teams are aware.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Need Help? Let's chat.