cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

@Pawprints1986 : This place used to have a plan that had limited outgoing texts. It also had limited minutes. It also did NOT have a data component. So the plan could be supplemented with minutes and data but not text.

Sure there are workarounds but a simple add-on would have made it perfect. pm-smayer97, sa7375 and darlicious and a few others...myself included...still have accounts with that plan.

Unlike the Telus $10 plan, it was Canada-wide - not "local" and also unlimited incoming not total texts. Oh...and data add-ons came in at full 4G LTE not LTE-Lite.

It's a great plan for very low usage customers. Made even less usage this past year. With rewards, the plan costs just a couple few bucks rather than laying out a pile of money that you end up wasting it paying for features that don't get used. The add-ons don't get wasted. They stay on the account until consumed.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Why are people wanting a text add-on? Literally all plans have unlimited international already...? Even the 15

Clearly you have not been here long enough. There are many grand-fathered plans that do not have unlimited texting. And the latest was a $10 plan that was discontinued not so long ago. And there are many users of those plans. So for these users, it would be of great benefit, as I pointed out, because the $15 plan is more than they might need.

I have many of these plans and would not want to bump them all to $15 just to get more than 50 texts on the occasional month I need more.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This would have been a good time to maybe rebrand the 3G speed tag and call it LTE-Lite. 

Still absent would be VoLTE and Wifi calling and (reaching here) unlimited throttled data on certain plans - say $40 and over.  

But the referral and loyalty rewards go along way to counter those short comings for now. 

kaytus
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good News.

Finally, they listened

Have a nice weekend

raiger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you go online to switch your plan, it clearly states (or, at least it did last night when I went on) a 250 MB + 250 MB offer for $15. I switched two grandfathered $15 plans to this, and will be expecting it.

s3yme1q0g9s61.png

Quigley
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pm-smayer97   That $10 plan already has features that other more expensive plans don't. You can't have it all, sorry.  It's not good business sense for Telus to offer an addon  for a plan they don't offer anymore. Out with the old and in with the new. If they didn't do that, there would be way too many plan options on the self service account.     They're just waiting for those plans to be given up, die and disappear. Enjoy what you have with those plans while they last.

BearFBI

@raiger It does not directly say that. 

Don't expect it. It's not provisioned in their system. You won't get 500mb, I can tell you that right now. Its just a simple typo on their plan details. If the plan actually had 500mb they would be advertising it much better than they are now.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@raiger On the plans page you only receive a 250MB if you sign up for autopay.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@raiger 

Maybe it's be but i don't see 250+250 anywhere.

I do see 250 and after that statement that it's at 3g speed. 

What is the difference between this and the grandfathered plan?

BearFBI

@kselmak There is no difference. People think there is and everyone is going crazy on reddit scheduling a plan change to the "500mb" 15$ plan. 

It's not 500mb. It's the exact same plan as before.

Need Help? Let's chat.