cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Public Mobile is making a few refreshes to our rate plans. We will be discontinuing some plans in favour of re-introducing ones that we know our customers love.

Effective April 9th, 2021, we will be discontinuing the Province-wide rate plan suite. This comes as a result of listening to feedback from our customers on how we’re doing.  We want to keep making adjustments to plans that make sense, and re-evaluate the ones that aren’t working as well.  

At the same time, we are making some changes to our existing in-market plans:  re-introducing $15 Canada-wide calling plans, increasing the data offered on $35 and $50 plans and discontinuing the Province-wide as well as our $45 rate plan.

We are committed to continue testing new offers and make adjustments that will give our customers options with flexibility and good value in the future. 

See below for more details on our refreshed rate plan line-up:

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

190 REPLIES 190

@BearFBI wrote:

@kselmak There is no difference. People think there is and everyone is going crazy on reddit scheduling a plan change to the "500mb" 15$ plan. 

It's not 500mb. It's the exact same plan as before.

In the past, the 500MB may have been honored for customers in Quebec.  There was at least one customers in the Community who reported that this was done.  At the time, affected customers weere encouraged to contact the moderators, though there are obviously limits to eligibility and timeframe .  I see that people making the switch are people wanting the $15/250MB play anyway.  I would say that these customers should be expecting 250MB but are hoping that Public Mobile will honor 500MB.

@Anonymous   Don't get me wrong. I'm all for suggestions that benefit everyone and not just a small few. I don't think the $10 plan will return any time soon.

@Anonymous wrote:

@raiger : I agree with your observations and the offering of a product. We heard from someone a few days ago from Quebec where they have some consumer laws. I don't recall seeing an update. Good luck getting it though.

The advertising doesn't say it though. Just in the change plan.

The update was for affected customers to contact moderators about 500MB.

As recently as the introduction/launch of the new Provincial plans (what... February) the $15 plan was presented in a manner that implied it came with 250 MB of data and like all other plans had an additional data bonus for setting up Autopay. I am surprised they haven’t been in enough arguements with people (and possibly government) about this. But I am virtually certain this yet again is another example of poor wording on their part and it will not come with 500 MB of data. I am not certain why they dont just tell the truth “$15 plan comes with 250MB of Data” and “can receive a $2 Autopay Credit” (no mention of Bonus Autopay data).

AE_Collector

@raiger   I believe there has been lots of discussion about whether $15 should only have 250MB or 500.  Many current $15 plan owner confirmed it's only 250 MB.  I agree the wordings is misleading.

on the other hand, the plan page only telling that $15 does not have data and only have 250MB if autopay.--But, reality is people get 250MB with or without autopay

hTideGnow_0-1618073958659.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

And @Quigley , people are making suggestions on things all the time around here. These are suggestions. There was a whole world of service here before you arrived. Things have come and gone. Nothing wrong with making suggestions. We'll be sure to jump all over you the next time you make a suggestion on something 🙂 .

@Quigley wrote:

@pm-smayer97   That $10 plan already has features that other more expensive plans don't. You can't have it all, sorry.  It's not good business sense for Telus to offer an addon  for a plan they don't offer anymore. Out with the old and in with the new. If they didn't do that, there would be way too many plan options on the self service account.     They're just waiting for those plans to be given up, die and disappear. Enjoy what you have with those plans while they last.

And most plans have unlimited calling YET PM not long ago came out with MANY new minute addons, INCLUDING CANADA minutes. So I see no reason why that would be bad business sense.

raiger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous It's worth a try. Cheers.

hend0005

This is really good news!  I had been working on a few folks to jump on board with PM

when the plans took that last turn for the worse. Now I can renew my efforts to convert them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@raiger : I agree with your observations and the offering of a product. We heard from someone a few days ago from Quebec where they have some consumer laws. I don't recall seeing an update. Good luck getting it though.

The advertising doesn't say it though. Just in the change plan.

raiger

Typo or not, it's represented the same way as all of their other plans. I switched my wife over, because that's the plan that they have listed.

PM plans.png

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kselmak There is no difference. People think there is and everyone is going crazy on reddit scheduling a plan change to the "500mb" 15$ plan. 

It's not 500mb. It's the exact same plan as before.

@raiger 

Maybe it's be but i don't see 250+250 anywhere.

I do see 250 and after that statement that it's at 3g speed. 

What is the difference between this and the grandfathered plan?

@raiger On the plans page you only receive a 250MB if you sign up for autopay.

BearFBI

@raiger It does not directly say that. 

Don't expect it. It's not provisioned in their system. You won't get 500mb, I can tell you that right now. Its just a simple typo on their plan details. If the plan actually had 500mb they would be advertising it much better than they are now.

@pm-smayer97   That $10 plan already has features that other more expensive plans don't. You can't have it all, sorry.  It's not good business sense for Telus to offer an addon  for a plan they don't offer anymore. Out with the old and in with the new. If they didn't do that, there would be way too many plan options on the self service account.     They're just waiting for those plans to be given up, die and disappear. Enjoy what you have with those plans while they last.

raiger

When you go online to switch your plan, it clearly states (or, at least it did last night when I went on) a 250 MB + 250 MB offer for $15. I switched two grandfathered $15 plans to this, and will be expecting it.

s3yme1q0g9s61.png

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good News.

Finally, they listened

Have a nice weekend

smp99

This would have been a good time to maybe rebrand the 3G speed tag and call it LTE-Lite. 

Still absent would be VoLTE and Wifi calling and (reaching here) unlimited throttled data on certain plans - say $40 and over.  

But the referral and loyalty rewards go along way to counter those short comings for now. 

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Why are people wanting a text add-on? Literally all plans have unlimited international already...? Even the 15

Clearly you have not been here long enough. There are many grand-fathered plans that do not have unlimited texting. And the latest was a $10 plan that was discontinued not so long ago. And there are many users of those plans. So for these users, it would be of great benefit, as I pointed out, because the $15 plan is more than they might need.

I have many of these plans and would not want to bump them all to $15 just to get more than 50 texts on the occasional month I need more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pawprints1986 : This place used to have a plan that had limited outgoing texts. It also had limited minutes. It also did NOT have a data component. So the plan could be supplemented with minutes and data but not text.

Sure there are workarounds but a simple add-on would have made it perfect. pm-smayer97, sa7375 and darlicious and a few others...myself included...still have accounts with that plan.

Unlike the Telus $10 plan, it was Canada-wide - not "local" and also unlimited incoming not total texts. Oh...and data add-ons came in at full 4G LTE not LTE-Lite.

It's a great plan for very low usage customers. Made even less usage this past year. With rewards, the plan costs just a couple few bucks rather than laying out a pile of money that you end up wasting it paying for features that don't get used. The add-ons don't get wasted. They stay on the account until consumed.

Pawprints1986

Why are people wanting a text add-on? Literally all plans have unlimited international already...? Even the 15

@kselmak wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

We should first lobby them to bring back the great 10 plan. They would be more likely to consider it.

Then with your block of texts add-on and the talk add-ons it would be the best use as you go plan around. 

I FULLY Agree. Bring back the $10 plan. I still have people that would sign up if they still had that.

@pm-smayer97 

We should first lobby them to bring back the great 10 plan. They would be more likely to consider it.

Then with your block of texts add-on and the talk add-ons it would be the best use as you go plan around. 

I do not know about small BUT even TELUS, the parent company has a texting add-on. It is $15 for unlimited texting. SO, why does PM not have one, the value brand? It would fit within the very market segment they are targeting.

So I am proposing some options, such as, $5 or $8 for 500 or 1000 or something...

And again, no the $15 WITH unlimited texting is actually too much for some scenarios, since the idea is to have the unused texts from the add-on roll over like other PM addons.

Again, it is to target those customers with not such great texting needs but occasionally greater than just the 50/month.

I hate to bring it up but... Does the Competition have a similar small Text add-on?

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

Lol....back to asking for that texting add on....eh?😉

At every opportunity 😄 

The way I see it, it is a win-win for the customer AND PM. I have yet to see ANY downside, since it targets the very customers that are unlikely to change anyway (otherwise they would have done so by now), so this is an opportunity for PM to gain something without risking or compromising anything.

So @Melinda_H , how about it?

@pm-smayer97 

Lol....back to asking for that texting add on....eh?😉

Would still be nice if PM introduced a small texting add-on for the occasional users that have low texting volume plans.

@Melinda_H  Would PM consider this please?

For those that still desire this, please add your voice here too:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-about-a-Texting-Add-On/m-p/570899#M...

Yes, real glad that PM has decided to move back to Canada-wide plans only. Going to Province-wide was a poor step backwards and had poor optics at the very least, and clearly showed by the public response.

Glad that PM is responsive to that. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.