cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Public Mobile is making a few refreshes to our rate plans. We will be discontinuing some plans in favour of re-introducing ones that we know our customers love.

Effective April 9th, 2021, we will be discontinuing the Province-wide rate plan suite. This comes as a result of listening to feedback from our customers on how we’re doing.  We want to keep making adjustments to plans that make sense, and re-evaluate the ones that aren’t working as well.  

At the same time, we are making some changes to our existing in-market plans:  re-introducing $15 Canada-wide calling plans, increasing the data offered on $35 and $50 plans and discontinuing the Province-wide as well as our $45 rate plan.

We are committed to continue testing new offers and make adjustments that will give our customers options with flexibility and good value in the future. 

See below for more details on our refreshed rate plan line-up:

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

190 REPLIES 190

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good to hear things are back to 'normal'. However, I'm not sure that PM listened to us or did it cause they care. I'm more thinking that the only reason they went back was that competitors did not follow them (well, Lucky did but for really short time) and potentially PM lost some customers also. So, good it's back but I wouldn't give too much credit to PM cause they started all this mess..

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Great news actually.

And thanks for listening to us.

I do believe many would welcome province calling if they could save couple of bucks, but nobody would be excited about paying more for same

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Now this is more like it! Great move PM

Personally staying on my already grandfathered 2gb $30 can wide plan, but this makes me so happy for potential new customers! Or even those that like to switch 

🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

And All is Right With the World Again!

Well, except the last year (in the non-PM Community) which is, just, you know....😷

Happy that PM decide to renege on these Provincial only plans. 👍

Honest, $40 and $50 are still just decent plans compare with others providers.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H 

since you have removed the $45/6.5gb, I believe the $40 plan should also have upgraded data. maybe 6gb minimum.

I will switch to this plan right away!

*I see why it was done this way. it's because Koodo has a $50/5gb plan. that's good there's a $10 price difference again

nonetheless, great job! 

@AE_Collector 

I am on the $15 plan and was debating on whether to move up to the unlimited $25 plan before it went to $30. But now I don’t have to make that decision anymore.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

many of us expecting this and finally it comes... better late than never

@will13am wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@will13am 

I agree with your comment that the customer will have to change plans. I am suggesting that every customer on Provincial Wide at least be texted from PM of their options to move to Canada Wide calling free of charge by doing a plan change. Some will be ticked off as they will be with out Canada Wide calling until they change plan, likely at the end of cycle and would have unnecessarily purchased a Canada Wide $5 add-on. Some are on low budgets. 

Texting customers about new offers is quite contentious as you have seen.  There is a lot venom directed at Public Mobile in the past.  It is a bit of a no win situation for them.  

This especially happens if a more expensive plan is mentioend. It  could make it look like Public Mobile only cares about the bottom line and can be seen as bothering the customer unecesssarily.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

A very welcome change, but many of us has scared for 7 or 8 weeks.

I am glad plans over $35 has more data now, would be nice if same is done for the $25 plan.

again, we need to thanks PM for listening

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Thank you, but the damage has already been done. Since the introduction of province-wide calling plans, I have lost about one third of my referrals. It's going to take a lot of work to regain them.

@Melinda_H 

@WoozyPolarBear 

There are now claims that we have lost referrals due to the changes back and forth. 

In another thread I explained how I was shorted for a referral credit. Number of referral phone numbers is one MORE than dollars rewarded. 

Why is it that the system that should work....doesn't yet PM can spend IT payroll to do site changes for plans but can't spend any $ or time to make what should work, work?

@WoozyPolarBear 

Okay I can see that. The ability to make regular plan changes is a feature I take advantage of as well so I knew that it was only a matter of time until I would choose a Provincial Calling plan to stay at the existing plan price. In my case, that wouldn’t be a loss to me but yes others would have to make a decision between the $5/500 minute add/on and paying $5 more for their regular plan. 

AE_Collector

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Thank you, but the damage has already been done. Since the introduction of province-wide calling plans, I have lost about one third of my referrals. It's going to take a lot of work to regain them.

Why would you have lost any/many referrals when nothing had changed for existing customers? And new customers looking at the $15 plan were the only category who couldn’t have what was always available previously ($15/Canada Wide Calling) so they couldn’t have already been customers who left, only potential referrals who changed their mind about becoming a customer.

AE_Collector

Because the province wide price structure that was introduced didn't present a good outlook for sticking with PM in the long term. I spoke to a few of the people who left and they said they like to change their plans on a regular basis to flex the included features to their needs for the upcoming month. That meant that grandfathering wouldn't last for them upon the next plan change. A few of my referrals said they didn't see the company going in the right direction, and these changes were the straw that broke the camel's back in the end. I also personally stopped referring to PM and changed my recommendations to Lucky Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : Because many don't understand the concept of grandfathering and that not all providers do it. So people see plan structure changes and bolt...unnecessarily.

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Why would you have lost any/many referrals when nothing had changed for existing customers? And new customers looking at the $15 plan were the only category who couldn’t have what was always available previously ($15/Canada Wide Calling) so they couldn’t have already been customers who left, only potential referrals who changed their mind about becoming a customer.

AE_Collector

@JK8 wrote:

This is great news. I had been going back and forth about whether I should upgrade to save $5 each cycle, but now I can relax and stay where I am.

Upgrade to What to save $5? The way they worded the new Provincial plans and called it a sale to get the Canada wide plans for the same price they had always been confused an awful lot of people!

AE_Collector

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H , this is the right decision

Just, I wish that PM could have even more flexible options, like 90 Day Cycles, perhaps even offering plans with the 3G Speeds and LTE Speeds, so that PM Clients have options to pick from.

Also, would be nice if PM could expand on the reward savings, like the Loyalty, or even something new as well

@Quigley 

Ahhhh, no thanks. 

It's way too crowded in there now. 

😁

JK8
Mayor / Maire

This is great news. I had been going back and forth about whether I should upgrade to save $5 each cycle, but now I can relax and stay where I am.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

@Melinda_H good move about getting rid of province-wide plans and making all present plans with talk Canada-wide.  👍👍👍

As I have the grandfathered $15 Canada-wide plan, you got me all excited with the $15 plan under "Data included Autopay bonus" which I thought meant 250mb data plus another 250mb if one signs with autopay.  Wrong, RosieR 🤣

15 dollar plan.png

Alas, wishful thinking!  🤔

Have a wonderful day

RosieR

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H    Definitely good news...nice to hear Canada wide plans are now the only option for current and new customers (less confusion!), plus the return of the CW $15 plan.  Nice improvements on the $35 and $50 plans too.

Edit:  Perhaps @treefrog needs to be alerted to this announcement?

@HALIMACS    Get in that cage!   😆

Touché @darlicious - we got ourselves a 3-way cage match!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : Who's holding who's hand? To which I replied "says you" (with a smiley) and went on with the fact that others around here have indicated agreement with the idea. Then you hit back with wondering what am I saying with no less than 3 exclamations. Where I then gave the context from an earlier post. I fail to grasp why this has become such a deal.

@WoozyPolarBear 

Redundancies.....now pm starts you off at minimum wage again.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk : um...blazing red, larger font, negative comment...???

Go back and read the post that I made the comment on. Geeez. I was commenting on the suggestion and not attacking you!

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

The easiest way go be kept up to date about many pricing changes and promotions is to have an account with CCS that's how I found out as I checked my email first.....CCS is very good about informing its customers about pm promotions and plans. But one must decide....pm does very little promotional email/text marketing and CCS does a lot!! Too much or too little....whaddya gonna do?

Like I said if I was to make the corporate decision, PM should do it. I  would not expect a third party to do it because they don't have the data base that PM has.   They, PM, owe it to their customers. And I feel that a lot of customers have no part of the Community  or a "Reader" to pick up the announcements and that many less are subscribed to CCS. And I cannot say I am a huge fan of the level of quality, clear or concise information that comes from CCS...it is very poor.

The problem is if PM informed their customers, would there be a crash on the system that they are avoiding due to the number of requests to "change plan". 

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LurganIeUk 

Less big red font and more emojis 😁. @Anonymous is very visual he needs to see the context.😉

Need Help? Let's chat.