cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hTideGnow
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

@coulomberic50  also, did you try calling from different providers?  Some provider will take longer to recognize that you changed to PM.  Usually Rogers/Bells/Telus can call you almost immediately after the porting.  If people from small provider or VoIP like Fongo , it will take a day or 2 for them to route the call to PM.    This is not a PM issue but an issue on the source side.

crkoland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There,

Not sure if you have this resolved. But I recommended if you have your previous SIM card, to revert back to it, send the Yes back to the message from the provider your porting from and 1 back to the public mobile message. Once you have this done, switch over to your PM sim. takes about 30-45 minutes and your should be able to receive calls. Hope this helps. Welcome to PM 🙂

walrus849
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I quit. I through the sim card in the trash and ordered a new one. Will re do it again but this time will get a Public Mobile rep do all the work. What get's me P off is that there is no one to help you when things go wrong. Even the Manager who promised to call me back to resolved the problem never called. One thing they can be sure of is I'm not going to get new customers for them nor will I give them good  referrals

aurevoirblue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

If I change my phone number can I use a different BC region or would this be considered long distance? I'm in the Greater Vancouver area but I'd like to have a 778 or 604 number, but I'm only seeing these area code options in Whistler or Squamish. Does it impact my coverage if I change regions?

Thanks

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@aurevoirblue : Long distance is up to the caller and their plan. This place is Canada-wide. If you wish to not possibly cost people that call you some money for the privilege of calling you then you need a local area number. Your local calling area is from the border up to the mountains and from Aldergrove over to Pender Harbour. Squamish is not in that area. Although Port Mellon is.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@walrus849 

What is the issue you are having with activation? We can talk you thru this.....there are some tricks you need to use to not get error messages. Let us help you thru this....

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@aurevoirblue 

Try Sechelt its still considered local for the lower mainland and they have 604 numbers.

aurevoirblue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @z10user4 

Thanks for the reply. Is there a map of some kind that could tell me which areas are considered in the lower mainland?

Just to clarify: if I tried to poach a 778/604 number from Whistler/Squamish I would be located in that area (for caller ID purposes)? even though it's a 778/604 area code?

@aurevoirblue wrote:

Is there a map of some kind that could tell me which areas are considered in the lower mainland? 

The infromation that I've found says that the lower mainland includes the Vancouver area Fraser Valley. On wikipedia, it says that the broders boundaries go north-south from Horseshore Bay to the U.S. Canada broder and east-west from Fraser Valey to Hope, B.C.

Need Help? Let's chat.