cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1Roman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

I have done exactly the same.

I pass by the kiosk of Koodo mobile in Carfoor Angrignion, LaSalle, then they did that on a place.

Just they transferred me from KOODO to PUBLIC MOBILE.

They changed the  KOODO SIM Card to my new PUBLIC MOBILE SIM Card. 

It cost me 10$+Taxes, and most important I kept my number.

It was very simple!😊

Moved:

Did Not Respond To Port Request From Old Provider Within 90 Minutes During Activation

walrus849
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried transffering my Bell number to my Public mobile acccount, but they tell me that Public has to call them to do so. I've activated my sim card and now I'm stuck with two phones with the same number. One I can dial out cause it's activated with Public but cannot receive calls. t The other is connected with bell and works OK.  

hTideGnow
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@walrus849  No worry, this is normal when your phone number is in transition.  

First have you been having your Bell SIM still on a phone?  you need to wait for a Bell text message and reply yes for the porting to complete.  Many people missed this step

If you have reply Yes to the Bell SMS, the porting should complete within 2 to 4 hours after.  Just keep reboot your phone every 30 mins.

If you have missed the sms with Bell, I will message you an phone number to contact porting team.  The can re-trigger the process and have Bell to resend you the SMS.  But again, you need to make sure your Bell SIM in on a phone read to receive the text

walrus849

What is the porting team number

crkoland

Thank you for this very useful write up.

Especially the Tips section.

We transferred over from Bell yesterday, I did the mistake of swapping Sim cards before actually replying back to Bell/PM's message. Once I swapped my sim back, received the messages ->  replied back -> everything was golden ! 

Also have to give a shout of to the Support team from Telus, extremely patient and detailed 🙂 

coulomberic50

Looks like I missed the memo to wait for the SMS. I have ported my old numero over yesterday (Saturday).  Text messaging works both ways, I can make calls but incoming calls still go to my previous provider.  Will this be worked out after another day or two or is a human intervention required to correct this situation?

hTideGnow
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@coulomberic50 wrote:

Looks like I missed the memo to wait for the SMS. I have ported my old numero over yesterday (Saturday).  Text messaging works both ways, I can make calls but incoming calls still go to my previous provider.  Will this be worked out after another day or two or is a human intervention required to correct this situation?

@coulomberic50 

It's weird that incoming text working but not incoming call.

You might want to call the porting team to confirm if the porting is completed.  I will private message you the phone number (they don't like it posted here) 

Need Help? Let's chat.