cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irelandwells709
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Hi, i desperately need my old public number back. I know it’s still available. 

@Irelandwells709 wrote:

Hi, i desperately need my old public number back. I know it’s still available. 

Sorry, but Public Mobile has stated that moderators should not be asked to retreive previously active Public Mobile numbers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Irelandwells709 

If your old pm number was originally a pm phone # you could wake each morning and methodically go thru the newly released phone numbers from the pool in the off chance you will come across it. You could then select it and change your number. You are able to change your number once every 30 days.

Irelandwells709

Yes that’s what I’ve been doing. It’s just becoming tiring because I’ve been at it for days haha. So I was just seeing if there was a way one of the technicians could manually do it.

SonyaT

I am transferring my Koodo number. I just signed on with Public two days ago and a ticket was created. How long does it take for it to be transferred?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SonyaT wrote:

I am transferring my Koodo number. I just signed on with Public two days ago and a ticket was created. How long does it take for it to be transferred?

@SonyaT ,

Within 2 hours once a Moderator actions it. Have you heard a response yet?

I would reply to the last message you received about this...if you received one, If not use the below link, and say you already submitted a ticket but inquiring again.

Transferring A Number From TELUS Or Koodo (Including Formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SonyaT wrote:

Mod usually reply ticket with 2 to 48 hours.. usually on the low end of this range 🙂

Once they replied the ticket and confirm the port,  it will be another 2 to 4 hours for the porting to complete.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SonyaT 

Have you been watching for a private message from the moderators? They will email you a notification but otherwise keep an eye on your private message box....the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right hand corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

If it has been more than 48 hours since you created a ticket you wil need to submit a new ticket.But once a moderatir has initiated your port request it will take from a few minutes to a maximum of two hours to complete your port.

Moved:

Dunkman
Oracle
Moved:

Need Help? Let's chat.