cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Yes, you still need to have your old Telus SIM on a phone to reply YES to Telus text to confirm if you are leaving.

Also, the port sometimes take hours, it would be good to keep you Telus line until the port is completed as all the incoming calls would still going to your Telus lines before the porting is done

softech

@Nezgar  yes, Transfer from VoIP servicers are like landlines.. take couple days..

roberto24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i think you have to contact virgin mobile to ask them what is going on.it should take about 3 o 4 hours to transfer. good luck

Dunkman
Oracle
jojo9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

jojo9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

There's an unmentioned step, after you've made the calls to port. The old provider will text a Code, for security (to your port-from phone). You must enter that & text it back to them, before they'll cancel, disconnect, billing. They release the number to PM to port-connect it.
RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9 wrote:
There's an unmentioned step, after you've made the calls to port. The old provider will text a Code, for security (to your port-from phone). You must enter that & text it back to them, before they'll cancel, disconnect, billing. They release the number to PM to port-connect it.

Hi @jojo9 thank you for letting us know.  I for one didn't know this last step.  👍👍👍

RosieR

hill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone who replied. The transfer of my OOMA to my PM worked today. I never did hear an acknowledgement from OOMA or need to confirm back to them. Anyway, I am pleased it all worked out.

Thanks again for your input

Stephen

softech

@hill  so, it took you 6 days for the port to complete?  Just want to have an idea as my family might want to port out from another VoIP provider

Need Help? Let's chat.