Did you mean: 
Dunkman
Oracle
Moved:

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Joannepompu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a confirmation code from Telus. What do I do with it?

Norm12

Thanks I’ll keep my Original number thanks for the help

@Joannepompu wrote:

I have a confirmation code from Telus. What do I do with it?

You're going to have to be more specific? There is no confirmation code needed when transfering phone numbers from Telus to Public Mobile.   I believe this is simply some type of reference number.

hill

I am trying to transfer our VOIP number with OOMA to my wife's PM phone account. I confirmed the OOMA number is eligible to move to PM. I called OOMA and read off all the boxes if filled in and they confirmed everything is correct. For the "Old Account Password" they told me this means PIN and they confirmed OOMA accounts do not have a PIN and told me to leave the field blank or put in 0000. I have tried both ways and each time when I submit the request I get this message "Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request"

Please help. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

hill

Interesting. I finally got the submission to work. The address info needed to be all “upper case” to match what was on file in OOMA. Whew. What a relief

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@hill wrote:

Interesting. I finally got the submission to work. The address info needed to be all “upper case” to match what was on file in OOMA. Whew. What a relief

Hi @hill thank you for letting us know.  Stay safe.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@hill wrote:

This is good info. I'm curious if you can let us know how long it takes for the port to complete? I would expect as a VoIP service it will be like a wireline port, and could take 3-7 days to complete.

Sshiller

So I am transferring a number from Telus do I need to keep my old sim in or put the new one in? I did all the other steps just not sure on that part 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Sshiller wrote:

So I am transferring a number from Telus do I need to keep my old sim in or put the new one in? I did all the other steps just not sure on that part 

Keep your old sim in to confirm transfer. Here is the HDI.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Need Help? Let's chat.