cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

This is good information to know. But why do you need help to transfer your number from koodo or Telus?

plgs1605
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transfer my number from Virgin, but I don't have service with my PM SIM. I can't make or receive calls.

When I did the transfer, I received the SMS. My Virgin SIM is also not working and it's been more than 1 day.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@plgs1605 wrote:

I transfer my number from Virgin, but I don't have service with my PM SIM. I can't make or receive calls.

When I did the transfer, I received the SMS. My Virgin SIM is also not working and it's been more than 1 day.

@plgs1605 If neither account works now the port has definitely gone wrong. Contact the Telus Port team for help at:

Here is a link to a Public Mobile page on porting that may be useful:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@kb_mv wrote:

@plgs1605 wrote:

@plgs1605 If neither account works now the port has definitely gone wrong. Contact the Telus Port team for help at:

In this situation, I do not believe that the porting team can be of any help.  Before the porting team or the system even sends the request to the other carrrier, outgoing calls should have already worked. This means that there is a problem on Public Mobile's side. The Telus porting team cannot access Public Mobile accounts and cannot fix issues with it. This is something that Public Mobiile's moderators should be addressing.

@plgs1605 

A ticket can be opened to contact the moderators by going to:  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

The port has completed as evidenced by the closing of @plgs1605 virgin account. So @computergeek541 is correct the problem is on pm's end. It's likely the sim did not provision correctly so it is not recieving any services. Only the moderators can sort out this issue.

@kb_mv  Edit: Remove the ph# to save your post from deletion.

Norm12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Norm12 

Choose 3 vertical dots in top right corner of your post and edit out the numbers. This is a public forum. Everyone can see your phone numbers.

@computergeek541 TIA

edit.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Norm12 wrote:

I tried to get a new number and it’s not working can you change the number for me The number I found  from public mobile is 780xxxxxxx my number now is 780xxxxxxx Thanks if you can

@Norm12 

This is a public forum used by Customers of Public Mobile, not employees.  Please edit your post by clicking on the 3 little dots and editing out number.

Then contact Moderators to make this request.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Norm12 

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Tags (1)
RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Norm12 wrote:

I tried to get a new number and it’s not working can you change the number for me The number I found  from public mobile is xxxxxxxxxx my number now is xxxxxxxxxx Thanks if you can

Hi @Norm12 please remove your phone numbers in your post, as already suggested above.

Tagging moderator online @Claudia_M 

Calling oracles and retired oracles for help.  (Do you all go to bed at the same time?)

Need Help? Let's chat.