cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

jessi_d
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't enter the right account number for a phone # port when requesting a phone transfer and did not receive an SMS confirmation of a transfer.

How can I re-do the phone transfer (I now have my correct IMEI # to put in)?

When I go to my public mobile account it will not let me select the same phone # to transfer.

4 REPLIES 4

The CSA will help. I ported over from a VOIP account and it takes 5-7 days. For awhile I had mixed services. Not something you do every day so a tiny bit of panic sets in....like I don't want to lose my number!  Response was relatively quick and had good content to let me know what to expect. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jessi_d 

Since you entered your previous carrier account number. You will need to contact a CS Agent by clicking on the SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket then follow the prompt and explain your error in the activation.

A CS Agent will contact you to restart the porting process.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jessi_d  You are trying to transfer in a number to PM?

There is a porting team to call for update and correction in your case.  I will message you.  Check your Community inbox

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@jessi_d wrote:

I didn't enter the right account number for a phone # port when requesting a phone transfer and did not receive an SMS confirmation of a transfer.

How can I re-do the phone transfer (I now have my correct IMEI # to put in)?

When I go to my public mobile account it will not let me select the same phone # to transfer.

If you entered incorrect phone number to port and self serving is not letting you to enter different number, try reaching CSA:

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with MODs). Click here and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented.

- Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

You can even call for porting issues at number I sent you in private message.

Need Help? Let's chat.