Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors –September 2019

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

SEPTEMBER 2019 EN.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracle.png

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

Top 1%.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

Top 5%.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for September! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

REWARDS CHARTS EN.PNG

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

BRAVOS.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.png

106 REPLIES 106

kevinqqh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So happy !

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  @cellphoneuser1  Yes I did see my community reward added to my account the day after renewal...hopefully next month they don't add it a day early and cause the confusion I had last month having 2 community rewards (technically) in one month.

Yeah, no one needs to go through that sort of thing again! I said previously that I felt a bit foolish fighting for a missing $2 but as you say, at 4c/hour it is a hard earned $2! ThNk heavens we don't have to declare it on our income tax!

AE_Collector

And one more for @luc1955  and @Ed404 Screenshot_20191111-055830.png

@Ed404 wrote:

Exactly how much effort do I need to put in to become a top 10% or better?

@Ed404  After some trial and error this one is for you and the original recipient @PAULRANG18 Screenshot_20191111-055920.png

@AE_Collector  @cellphoneuser1  Yes I did see my community reward added to my account the day after renewal...hopefully next month they don't add it a day early and cause the confusion I had last month having 2 community rewards (technically) in one month.

Yes the official announcement seems to keep getting later and later! Yeah, it doesn't matter but if they aren't going to do it (the monthly announcement).... Stop doing it!

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

Speaking about top contributers...wheres October's? It's almost Rememberance day! To all our veterans thank you for all your contributions especially the ones who paid the ultimate sacrifice. We thank you for your service and the free society we have today.

The rewards have been given already, but there hasn't been an annoucment and no badges yet. How much do badges matter to people?  I'm not sure.

Speaking about top contributers...wheres October's? It's almost Rememberance day! To all our veterans thank you for all your contributions especially the ones who paid the ultimate sacrifice. We thank you for your service and the free society we have today.

TrevorL

Nice! Good job guys. Keep up the good work! 

nightbrad

Congratulations I hope to be a part of this club!

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Jrt9002 wrote:

congratulations to everyone

A little late?

Late or not it does not mean that we would not appreciate the effort or the gustier.

@Jrt9002 wrote:

A little late?

Jrt9002

@Ed404 wrote:

Interesting

I joined less than 24 hours ago and I'm Great Citizen whatever that means Smiley Indifferent

That's great! You're great. For the greater good.

@Ed404 wrote:

Interesting

I joined less than 24 hours ago and I'm Great Citizen whatever that means Smiley Indifferent

That's from number of message postings.

Ed404

Interesting

@Ed404  Yes it was interesting I don't know how accurate it is...i was given model citizen about a week ago. You can check out my stats if you like. Btw solutions given 27 solutions accepted also 27.

Ed404

@darlicious

Yeah I already checked out @nightbrad's post it was very helpful! Smiley Tongue

@Ed404  Hey check out  Re:Badges (search it if you are not already following it.) The latest post by @nightbrad  links to an interesting thread.   And see...who cares about a solution? It's just about helping and sharing and I'm happy to do that. I love your enthusiasm !

Ed404

Thanks for enlightening me with that bundle of knowledge.

I am starting to think the creator of the thread should be able to select multiple answers because sometimes one user misses a key part of the solution.

I look forward to the future of this community.

Ed

@Ed404  I wouldnt worry about that at all. I had that thought as well but i just bring a different perspective to what i post and comment on which is usually from a cost saving perspective (something im very good at.) Its the totality of your posts, the quality,  your perspective and your unique knowledge and skill level (You have an educational level of expertise that very few possess) that will make your contributions enrich the community with knowledge that only a select few can provide. I will often read thru thread and there is nothing i can add (hours after posting and the being marked solved.)  But other times I see something that's been completely missed and will get the solution or several Bravos or I just offer a suggestion that has nothing to do with the original post but an observation that may help the OP in another way. Because the community is about helping others just use that as your starting base and any reward you deserve will follow and the monetary one while appreciated...you will soon see it really won't be nearly as important as you once thought it would be. And yes it is competitive  but almost in a family game night kind of way. Once you get to know the "regulars" there is a lot commaderie, laughter and friendship developed that makes this community exceptional and truly embraces the definition of community by it's members being unique and appreciating their contributions even if they are opinionated, gruff, sarcastic, matter of fact or otherwise. We are all here for the same reason...we came for the rewards but we stay because we are passionate about pm and want to make others feel the same.

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  Uh oh watch out I have a lot of them. Before I switched to Public Mobile and joined the community I never would have imagined I would have such a high participation level here. This forum or the community in particular drew me in...to begin with the ability to save money.  For many years I shunned the online world (still do with only a miniscule social media presence from pressure from commercial enterprises requiring at least Facebook to access their services.) Due to my neophyte technology and even basic computer skill abilities  the need to learn how to manage not just my own but other accounts in an online only platform it was a necessity to jump into the community and my very first forum. Knowing how public mobile works is essential to earn referral rewards as most people you refer will need help and with no call centre they will rely on you to navigate pms system. So joining the community allows you to refer more people because of your expertise and acquiring the expertise and sharing it gives you the opportunity to earn community rewards as well...the hardest ones to earn by way of the effort involved but the most psychologically satisfying ones that make the monetary reward inconsequential in comparison.

Here's another post and thread you may enjoy...not the one I'm thinking of...harder to find than I first thought. Read away

–September 2019

@luc1955   It is certainly not clear what it takes to earn a community reward and impossible to earn $20 unless you are an oracle. To earn a $15 reward you have to have a special expertise ( by my estimation) of some technical knowledge  about phones, software  etc...something I certainly do not possess. I would be very surprised if I hit the 1% level for that very reason. But I wanted to see what I could achieve and set the bar high. That required a dedicated effort to learn all the basic work arounds, trouble shooting and common solutions to the vast majority of issues most users face. You have to have a competitive nature to want to see that solution check mark by your post. Just wait and see how many times you think you are the first to supply the correct solution to a user to only see after hitting "post" to see not one but several answers ahead of yours more often than not by @hairbag1  @GinYVR  or @GR  but they know their stuff and have to give them the appropriate respect they deserve. My goal was to learn how to manage my accounts knowing that I can't pick up the phone to complain and have someone fix it for you. The cherry on the cake was helping people out and their appreciation...a very direct and fulfilling reward for me at least. The monetary reward while a goal....its not an end to justify the means. I can earn that in 20 minutes or so at work. Rewards at pm are just a way to lower your bill that paid by the company you want to give as little money as possible to....its a different satisfaction level that they are paying you. There is nothing wrong with wanting to achieve that. So make your goal on the community to increase your knowledge level to the point that you become very good at referring people to public mobile and earn your rewards in a limitless category.  Just check out some of @WoozyPolarBear  posts to see how lucrative referral rewards can be...and all your posts today will count towards you earning a community reward for October. Just like public mobile where you get what you pay for...in the community you get what you put into it

–September 2019

Thanks again for the surplus of details, it's really interesting to see how you see it. I like to think of myself as a technology enthusiast because my knowledge of hardware and software is quite large from building a computer to installing a custom roms.

The one thing that bothers me about this community is the competitive nature for getting solutions. When I joined this community last night it felt like every post I went to had already been answered and my answer wouldn't be helpful. I feel like the Oracles and 1% contributors have a monopoly over answering first, and if the reward system is heavily based on the solutions I feel it would be difficult for new users to reach those levels.

Thanks for reading,

Ed

@Ed404 wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm looking forward to a even more detailed post Smiley Very Happy

I'm sorta addicted to forums because I love the activity and I really love getting involved. I've been looking for a new way to reduce my phone bill and the rewards sealed the deal for me. Once I saw the community reward I knew this was the right place for me and my wallet.

Loving this community so far Heart

@Ed404  Uh oh watch out I have a lot of them. Before I switched to Public Mobile and joined the community I never would have imagined I would have such a high participation level here. This forum or the community in particular drew me in...to begin with the ability to save money.  For many years I shunned the online world (still do with only a miniscule social media presence from pressure from commercial enterprises requiring at least Facebook to access their services.) Due to my neophyte technology and even basic computer skill abilities  the need to learn how to manage not just my own but other accounts in an online only platform it was a necessity to jump into the community and my very first forum. Knowing how public mobile works is essential to earn referral rewards as most people you refer will need help and with no call centre they will rely on you to navigate pms system. So joining the community allows you to refer more people because of your expertise and acquiring the expertise and sharing it gives you the opportunity to earn community rewards as well...the hardest ones to earn by way of the effort involved but the most psychologically satisfying ones that make the monetary reward inconsequential in comparison.

Here's another post and thread you may enjoy...not the one I'm thinking of...harder to find than I first thought. Read away

–September 2019

@luc1955   It is certainly not clear what it takes to earn a community reward and impossible to earn $20 unless you are an oracle. To earn a $15 reward you have to have a special expertise ( by my estimation) of some technical knowledge  about phones, software  etc...something I certainly do not possess. I would be very surprised if I hit the 1% level for that very reason. But I wanted to see what I could achieve and set the bar high. That required a dedicated effort to learn all the basic work arounds, trouble shooting and common solutions to the vast majority of issues most users face. You have to have a competitive nature to want to see that solution check mark by your post. Just wait and see how many times you think you are the first to supply the correct solution to a user to only see after hitting "post" to see not one but several answers ahead of yours more often than not by @hairbag1  @GinYVR  or @GR  but they know their stuff and have to give them the appropriate respect they deserve. My goal was to learn how to manage my accounts knowing that I can't pick up the phone to complain and have someone fix it for you. The cherry on the cake was helping people out and their appreciation...a very direct and fulfilling reward for me at least. The monetary reward while a goal....its not an end to justify the means. I can earn that in 20 minutes or so at work. Rewards at pm are just a way to lower your bill that paid by the company you want to give as little money as possible to....its a different satisfaction level that they are paying you. There is nothing wrong with wanting to achieve that. So make your goal on the community to increase your knowledge level to the point that you become very good at referring people to public mobile and earn your rewards in a limitless category.  Just check out some of @WoozyPolarBear  posts to see how lucrative referral rewards can be...and all your posts today will count towards you earning a community reward for October. Just like public mobile where you get what you pay for...in the community you get what you put into it

–September 2019

Ed404

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm looking forward to a even more detailed post Smiley Very Happy

I'm sorta addicted to forums because I love the activity and I really love getting involved. I've been looking for a new way to reduce my phone bill and the rewards sealed the deal for me. Once I saw the community reward I knew this was the right place for me and my wallet.

Loving this community so far Heart

@Ed404 wrote:

@Ed404  I can tell you have the chops to make valuable contributions to the community that will reflect in a likely reward in the community reward category. Check out my post in this thread and the other comments posted as well

Community Reward
@Oliviamolloy wrote:

How does the community reward work? Is there a certain number of questions or replies you need to have for it to work? 

@Oliviamolloy  Everyone has given great insight into how the community reward is applied. The biggest reward is helping others and gaining knowledge to help yourself self manage your account so you only need to ask the community for the less common issues you may face and in turn the moderators for problems only they are able to fix or correct. Daily participation is ideal....logging on to read and respond to daily posts or read the help a or knowledge pages. Use the search bar to look up questions you might have and how they relate or have been solved for others in the past. All of this will build your knowledge so you will be able help answer other users questions. Of course don't forget to bravo! Don't do it for the monetary reward....ive been a little absent for the last couple of days because I've had to put in some extra hours at my real job. My "pay" per hour for community work is approximately $0.4 p/hr my real job pays about 750x that per hour.

Edit: $0.04 thanks @ShawnC13 for pointing that out. $300 p/h don't 99.95% of us wish!

I have another detailed post on this subject that I will refer you to as well once I come across it.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ed404 wrote:

@Ed404  There is no fixed amount of posts, bravos, or solutions that will guarantee a specific reward level, because your contribution is compared with the activity by the rest of the community in any given month. The effort that gets a top 10% badge in one month may not be sufficient to get top 10% next month, as it depends on how busy the month was.  PM has not revealed how they calculate members' monthly contributions based on bravos, posts, solutions, etc.   I would simply recommend that you help out when you have time to spare that couldn't be put to better use elsewhere, as the rewards mileage you get for any contribution generally gets increasingly worse the higher you go on the community rewards scale.  As we often say here, it's easier to make spare change by collecting and returning beer cans.

Ed404

@chuck20002004 wrote:

Is the "earn" for only one month? What if they will  not help in the following months? Will they keep getting reward? 

You have to keep earning it. You won't get a reward if you don't keep it up.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chuck20002004 wrote:

Is the "earn" for only one month? What if they will  not help in the following months? Will they keep getting reward? 

Reward is awarded by the amount of your contribution your provide previous month.

chuck20002004

Need Help? Let's chat.