Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors –September 2019

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

SEPTEMBER 2019 EN.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracle.png

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

Top 1%.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

Top 5%.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for September! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

REWARDS CHARTS EN.PNG

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

BRAVOS.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.png

106 REPLIES 106

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

fantastic. Congratulations. You're doing great. 

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What happened? I had close to twenty notifications on that topic alone in the past couple of hours. Unsub it is. 

@luc1955 wrote:

Like i said tis is a perfect answer ut it is not clear form the beginning when you strat to be a member and you read the promotion saying you can win up to 20$ by helping other.

It's about numbers. Bravos, solutions, and messages.  It takes much time to get $10 or $15.

@luc1955   It is certainly not clear what it takes to earn a community reward and impossible to earn $20 unless you are an oracle. To earn a $15 reward you have to have a special expertise ( by my estimation) of some technical knowledge  about phones, software  etc...something I certainly do not possess. I would be very surprised if I hit the 1% level for that very reason. But I wanted to see what I could achieve and set the bar high. That required a dedicated effort to learn all the basic work arounds, trouble shooting and common solutions to the vast majority of issues most users face. You have to have a competitive nature to want to see that solution check mark by your post. Just wait and see how many times you think you are the first to supply the correct solution to a user to only see after hitting "post" to see not one but several answers ahead of yours more often than not by @hairbag1  @GinYVR  or @GR  but they know their stuff and have to give them the appropriate respect they deserve. My goal was to learn how to manage my accounts knowing that I can't pick up the phone to complain and have someone fix it for you. The cherry on the cake was helping people out and their appreciation...a very direct and fulfilling reward for me at least. The monetary reward while a goal....its not an end to justify the means. I can earn that in 20 minutes or so at work. Rewards at pm are just a way to lower your bill that paid by the company you want to give as little money as possible to....its a different satisfaction level that they are paying you. There is nothing wrong with wanting to achieve that. So make your goal on the community to increase your knowledge level to the point that you become very good at referring people to public mobile and earn your rewards in a limitless category.  Just check out some of @WoozyPolarBear  posts to see how lucrative referral rewards can be...and all your posts today will count towards you earning a community reward for October. Just like public mobile where you get what you pay for...in the community you get what you put into it.

luc1955

Like i said tis is a perfect answer ut it is not clear form the beginning when you strat to be a member and you read the promotion saying you can win up to 20$ by helping other.

Try by yourself to find out the answer and good luck

it is clear to refer a frien it is 1$ a month to have automatic paiement 2$ amonth but to know what we need to do to gain the 20$ a month or lower good luck

As far as i know i heard tonight that it is around 0.04cent per hour and it is not for sure for the money because to win your 20$ it is a month of work or around 8 to 10000 answer 

@luc1955 wrote:

So if I take your number of around 200+ response a month to gain a possible 15$ credit it mean that in Quebec with a minimum salary of 12.50$ per hour that same person need to give those 200+ response whithin 1.2 hour to be at the same 12,50$ level

If we put the number together to gain a a minimum salary for 40 hours at 12.50$ per hour a member will need to give bethwen 6000 and 8000 answer a week

Is it making any sense????

Personally I cannot see a member answering 200+ question in 1 hour.  maybe 2 or 4 days if so ....it is a lots of work if a member give quality and accurate answer taht is a must with PM.

Unless i misunderstood why a member will do so much work for not even 25$ of the minimum salary if he does 3000 to 4000 answer a week

it all changes once you solve somebody's issue. When i saw that little tick mark the first time, If i had a trail i would wag it, i had the dumbest smile ever the whole day. Came here first time to ask a question and fingered out the right thing to do would be to come back and try to help at least 3 people in similar situation. People are nice here

@luc1955 wrote:

this is the best answer helping other because you want it and not for the mony back

@luc1955  Exactly! My participation is solely for my own learning and knowledge and the joy i get by helping people out...and I do like to express my opinion from time to time.

luc1955

this is the best answer helping other because you want it and not for the mony back

luc1955

@darlicious  wrote this below and it is very clear to me about the work that need to be done to gain $$$$$$

Maybe I can help you out from a new user/ contributer to the community. I switched to Public Mobile on August 8th of this year. Happy to have any kind of service without roaming I still barely used my phone because I was happily camping, swimming and having campfires to my hearts content. Once returning to the city and work and switching my boyfriend over to pm I decided to join the community to learn how to manage our accounts as if anything screwed up I wouldn't hear the end of it. I registered for the community on August 21st. I made my first post that day and also received my first bravo over the next 10 days I received a total of 17 Bravos , posted 57 times, authored 14 different subjects, marked 8 of those subjects as solved, gave out 10 Bravos once I figured out (by posting) how and when to give them and recieved my first solution on sept 1st ( but that wouldnt count towards august community rewards.) If  i remember correctly I may have spent upwards of 3000 minutes online on the community in that 10 day period...reading, posting and generally figuring stuff out. That of course would be accounted as my entire month of contribution even though it was done in a ten day period. For that i was honoured to be in the top 25% and recieved a $2 community reward or about $0.04 per hour so I'm sure you can imagine what it took for me to be in the top 5% for September and receive a $10 reward keeping my "pay" consistent at $0.04p/h. Hopefully that will give you a good idea of what kind of participation level you feel comfortable at and is realistic to achieve a community reward. Welcome to public mobile. We are always happy to help.

Hopefully that gives you a statistical breakdown of what kind of participation is needed to earn the different levels of community reward

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@luc1955 wrote:

So if I take your number of around 200+ response a month to gain a possible 15$ credit it mean that in Quebec with a minimum salary of 12.50$ per hour that same person need to give those 200+ response whithin 1.2 hour to be at the same 12,50$ level

If we put the number together to gain a a minimum salary for 40 hours at 12.50$ per hour a member will need to give bethwen 6000 and 8000 answer a week

Personally I cannot see a member answering 200+ question in 1 hour.  maybe 2 or 4 days if so ....it is a lots of work if a member give quality and accurate answer taht is a must with PM.

Unless i misunderstood why a member will do so much work for not even 25$ of the minimum salary if he does 3000 to 4000 answer a week

Well my incentive was really to learn about problems I may be facing and discussing it, so I'm not forced to drop this awesome deal cause it's not working for me.

I stop by when I'm not busy or when I'm on a bus and don't want to chat with people around me. Sometimes when I can't sleep too I just pop by to see if anybody is asking something I may have ideas to deal with or opinions about.

It's not work for me so the 2 bucks that I got several of times are just great bonus. Also I can stop here to help somebody  and help costs down a bit for pm instead getting my pressure up by watching/reading news, knowing that feels good too. 

Not sure of anyones calculations but @darlicious has it figured out to approx $0.04.
Someone else figures he could make more money collecting pop cans.

Only you can figure if striving for Oracle status and the accompanying big bucks is worth the effort.

Until then, stick around and contribute to any discusiion you can.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luc1955 wrote:

Yes, if your only goal here is to earn rewards, frankly, the reward vs. effort is not worth it. The common refrain here is that a member can make more cash by collecting beer cans or returning shopping carts. The return on effort generally gets worse the higher you go on the reward scale.

My advice is to just help out or offer your opinion in discussions if you can spare the time, but don't spend time here that you could be using more usefully/enjoyably somewhere else.

@luc1955 

It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month.  It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels.  As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here.  $15/month likely need to spend at least 1-2 hours most days.  Less than minimum wage if you average it out.  

Bravoes are not the only factor involved in obtaining rewards, but it is a good barometer.  The last several months, the 1% award receiptients (only 3 members) averaged minimum 600-800 bravoes per month, which averages 20-25 bravoes per day.  

So, it is not worth your time to participate just for the money.  Probably earning about 50 cents per hour if you average out the time spent.  It is more a hobby and the enjoyment in helping others out.  The monthly reward is just a small bonus.  

luc1955

SD08

@luc1955 wrote:

thank you for the precise answer about the oracles

But I tokk the top one as an example

But if you are gaining a number of badges like 20 has an example or any numbers how much a person can make in $$$$$ per month?

If I recommend one friend I am SURE to gain 1$ credit monthe

If I use the auto paiement I am SURE to gain a 2$ a month

If I help people and gain badge I am not sure IF I will gain anything at any level

With community rewards, there is no fixed level of posts, bravos, or solutions that will guarantee a specific badge or reward level, because your contribution is compared with the level of activity by the rest of the community in any given month. What gets you a top 50% badge in one month may not be sufficient to get top 50% next month, as it depends on how busy the month was.  PM has never revealed the formula by which they calculate members' monthly contributions based on bravos, posts, solutions, etc. 

@luc1955Oracles are not selected based on just their monthly stats. They have been around this forum for a long time, their status are reviewed by Public Mobile every 6 months.

I think the 1% ie $15 credit is the one you are looking for. I would say 200+ responses / month?

luc1955

thank you for the precise answer about the oracles

But I tokk the top one as an example

But if you are gaining a number of badges like 20 has an example or any numbers how much a person can make in $$$$$ per month?

If I recommend one friend I am SURE to gain 1$ credit monthe

If I use the auto paiement I am SURE to gain a 2$ a month

If I help people and gain badge I am not sure IF I will gain anything at any level

SD08

@luc1955 wrote:

I was taking the top level ''ORACLE '' as an example

What i am saying to gain some crédit it is not about the time ans many answer you do but more of the quality and if so a panel of people will rank you ans you have the possibility to winn some credit and not everyone will do 

question : How many person can win the 20$ credit per month or per 3 months?

The $20 community reward per month is reserved only for oracles. Currently, there are 8 oracles receiving it.

luc1955

I was taking the top level ''ORACLE '' as an example

What i am saying to gain some crédit it is not about the time ans many answer you do but more of the quality and if so a panel of people will rank you ans you have the possibility to winn some credit and not everyone will do 

question : How many person can win the 20$ credit per month or per 3 months?

SD08

@luc1955 wrote:

good answer but allthe point your are talking about are acurate but i am asking of fact like how many anwers.

The way i can see this it has nothiiing to do with the number but more of the quality of the answer and a panel of people  will decide if your answer are acurate right?

@luc1955 

There is no predetermined level of participation stats that will achieve an oracle position. Members become oracles only by invitation from PM. It is not determined monthly, but invitations are only sent to members with a history (typically 1 year or longer) of high level participation, with an emphasis on quality. They have asked the community for opinions and nominations for past oracle appointments, but ultimately, it is PM's judgment call.

luc1955

good answer but allthe point your are talking about are acurate but i am asking of fact like how many anwers.

The way i can see this it has nothiiing to do with the number but more of the quality of the answer and a panel of people  will decide if your answer are acurate right?

@luc1955 wrote:

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I am not the only one who ask this question.

Your contibition chart below is very clear but to be ORACLE how many answer need to be done to be at this level and or any othe one

luc

How do I become an Oracle?

We love your enthusiasm! The first step is to register for the Community and start getting active:  This means answer and ask questions, offer solutions, and give Bravos to helpful members.

Every three months, we’ll look at the Community’s most active members and consider them for the Oracle program. Here are some tips to help you get noticed:

1. Be active in the Community – this is your chance to shine.
  2. High quality content is more important than high quantity.
  3. Educate fellow Community members and provide helpful answers.
  4. Give constructive feedback to Public Mobile. (Sometimes we need help, too!)
  5. Lastly, having a positive attitude when interacting with other members is a must.

luc1955

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I am not the only one who ask this question.

Your contibition chart below is very clear but to be ORACLE how many answer need to be done to be at this level and or any othe one

luc

jor123

It's a great place! 

Amygrahamloves

Congrats!!

I am new to the community and recently posted an issue and I am overwhelmed with the number of responses and helpful solutions from the members of the community.

I am so happy to be a part of a wonderful group of people.

Thank you, everyone!

Praths_90

Congratulations to the Contributors!I just joined the community and new to Canada and Public mobile too.Seeing this post makes me feel good about Public mobile as community contribution is rewarded a lot in a transparent way. Way to go Public!

xiaogegeying

Congratulations to all contributors to this community

kevinqqh

Great job and congrats to all!!

@Andu_S wrote:

SEPTEMBER 2019 EN.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracle.png

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

Top 1%.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

Top 5%.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for September! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

REWARDS CHARTS EN.PNG

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

BRAVOS.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.png

jor123

Congrats, everyone! 

Was a busy couple of days here and I hadn't seen your other community rewards topic. I am up to speed now. We can write a book, no doubt to be titled Two Dollars and Two Cents.

Have a good night from just north of the Fraser,

Terry

Need Help? Let's chat.