cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Top Contributors - September 2018

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You are free not to participate in the thread.  The statement of all the recent thread cleansing makes it sould like 100's of threads are being moved.  There have been 7 in the last month and those include threads by recently banned people

Well come on ShawnC13. We're all free to not participate at all anywhere here. The point there speaks to removing threads that inappropriately generate Bravo's. Wasn't that one of the reasons for removing threads?

Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You are free not to participate in the thread.  The statement of all the recent thread cleansing makes it sould like 100's of threads are being moved.  There have been 7 in the last month and those include threads by recently banned people

Well come on ShawnC13. We're all free to not participate at all anywhere here. The point there speaks to removing threads that inappropriately generate Bravo's. Wasn't that one of the reasons for removing threads?

Threads I have moved have been on topics not related to receiving customer service or help from the community.  I am open to continuing this through private messages as to not clog up the forum

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congradulations to all contributors! Lets continue to help improve the community.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Félicitations à tous les contributeurs! Continuons à aider à améliorer la communauté.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh dear... Controversy abounds...

Regardless, I'm always happy to see these threads once a month congratulating each others contributions and another successful month of members helping members.

Well done everyone!! 🎉

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @SD08,

The missing avatar in the 5% will not be me (my mistake). The last badge update that I saw before the announcement was actually 50% (mistaken for 5% as I initially thought the step goes up to 100% and there was 5 on that badge) and didn't realise it's already 25%. Anyways, I'm still relatively new and learning from our pros.

Mayor / Maire

@sulagok wrote:

Hi @SD08,

The missing avatar in the 5% will be me. Initially I was thinking the list was compiled before I reached that level, didn’t realize one was in fact missing in the list.

Thanks for pointing it out.

@sulagok

Actually, on your page, you received the 25% badge on Oct 12, which is credited for September activity, the month concerned.  Wetcoaster's is the missing 5% avatar (see the spoiler in my original post).

Nevertheless, congrats on your contribution reward.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sulagok wrote:

Hi @SD08,

The missing avatar in the 5% will be me. Initially I was thinking the list was compiled before I reached that level, didn’t realize one was in fact missing in the list.

Thanks for pointing it out.

@sulagok,

You are not the missing 5% contributor as you received a 25% badge.

Mayor / Maire

Great sleuthing @SD08

@SD08 wrote:

@Abdallah_A wrote:

We also want to give a shout-out to the following members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

top5.PNG

And now for the September contributor puzzle:

The 5% badge indicates it was earned by 18 people, yet there are only 17 members included in the announcement.  Can anyone tell me whose avatar is missing from that graphic?  Smiley Wink

(Of course, if you are that person, you'll easily know it, so by all means step forward for your well-deserved recognition if you happen to see this.)

EDIT:  And the missing Top 5% avatar is...

Spoiler
@wetcoaster !
PMWetcoasterTop5%_Sep2018.jpg
Well done and congrats on the 5% badge.  Credit where it's due!  Robot Happy

Mayor / Maire

People are generally free to bravo whichever posts they wish and for whatever reasons they wish (within reason).  We have to remember that in a way, this whole community is really a social game.  Those who are either well-liked, have good reputations, or have had worthwhile past conversations with users are probably more likely to get a higher amount of bravos from others.

As for whether or not bravoing posts and receiving them in return for a social thread such as this one is wrong, that's up to each user to decide.  Each person is free to give bravos, receive bravos, and to post (or not in these types of threads).

I know that there can be an argument made saying that someone shouldn't get 10 or 20 bravos just for saying "hi" or "congrats" in this thread, but I see that as really being a flaw in the way things are set up, and not the fault of the community members. If we feel that these types of bravos shouldn't carry as much weight as ones where customer questions are answered, bravo giving should be blocked in this thread.  As it is now, users who don't  participate in this thread will be at a slight disadvantage when it comes to next month's community rewards.  Fair or not, that's the reality of it.