cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019


@AE_Collector wrote:

Assuming they are actually looking at October 1-31. Logically they are, at least more or less. If all automated, that is like,y the case. If some part is manual, they could easily look at the past month or so from whenever they get around to looking at it! Who knows......

 

AE_Collector


PM states in the Rewards help page that community rewards are reviewed between the 1 and the 6th of the month. Whether they go by exactly a calendar month or by the previous date they checked, etc, will not matter much as it is only a few days difference, which should not a significant impact on the results, as things do not change that much.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019

Of course there are so many variables and assumptions we are making. But I would have guessed that there were 220 total forum participants in October based on the 110 receiving top 50% or higher badges. Now I might have been able to be convinced that it wasn't 220 total participants but 220 participants who got at least 1 bravo. Clearly that is not the case either, not even close if over 700 got at least 1 bravo. I haven't watched that stat at month end so far.

 

AE_Collector

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019


@pm-smayer97 wrote:

PM states in the Rewards help page that community rewards are reviewed between the 1 and the 6th of the month. Whether they go by exactly a calendar month or by the previous date they checked, etc, will not matter much as it is only a few days difference, which should not a significant impact on the results, as things do not change that much.


Agreed.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019


@pm-smayer97 wrote:

 

P.S. Any badge in your profile with a Date stamp is the one that you received. If there is no Date stamp, it is not an earned badge.

Not completely true apparently. In my 7 months of receiving community $$ I have two months where the badge was not dated. off to get a picture....

Okay... in marking this up, I see what you are getting at, not "dated" as in "July 2019 - Top 25%" below the badge (which is what I was getting at - June and August badges didn't get the Month title label applied to them) but you are referring to the small print date below the badge indicating that it is the badge you actually earned which is useful in the months where we got badges for everything from Oracle on down the line.

 

AE_Collector

 

47768391-275D-4276-8310-1576D50D3740.jpeg

 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019

Congrats to those made it this month.  More fun coming!  Smiley Happy

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019


@AE_Collector wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

 

P.S. Any badge in your profile with a Date stamp is the one that you received. If there is no Date stamp, it is not an earned badge.

Not completely true apparently. In my 7 months of receiving community $$ I have two months where the badge was not dated. off to get a picture....

Okay... in marking this up, I see what you are getting at, not "dated" as in "July 2019 - Top 25%" below the badge (which is what I was getting at - June and August badges didn't get the Month title label applied to them) but you are referring to the small print date below the badge indicating that it is the badge you actually earned which is useful in the months where we got badges for everything from Oracle on down the line.

 

AE_Collector

 

47768391-275D-4276-8310-1576D50D3740.jpeg

 


You got it, the ones with the actual speciifc date stamped below the applicable month. :-D

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019

@pm-smayer97  @AE_Collector  Thats exactly it...the date stamp must appear. The month on top is not "set in stone" to confirm the badge being awarded. That is what my moderator spent 2 days arguing with me about. She wouldn't give me the reward based on the month versus the date. Oana applied the reward immeadiately because it was easy to confirm via the date stamp.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019


@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97  @AE_Collector  Thats exactly it...the date stamp must appear. The month on top is not "set in stone" to confirm the badge being awarded. That is what my moderator spent 2 days arguing with me about. She wouldn't give me the reward based on the month versus the date. Oana applied the reward immeadiately because it was easy to confirm via the date stamp.


Yup...but don't get me going on moderators that argue, out of ignorance, for days....  :-\

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019

I can't completely blame them as I am sure they get a lot of arguments from customers that are over the top making no sense at all. But as long as they listen they should be able to determine when someone knows what they are talking about versus making things up to support their argument.

 

AE_Collector

Mayor / Maire

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019


@AE_Collector wrote:

I can't completely blame them as I am sure they get a lot of arguments from customers that are over the top making no sense at all. But as long as they listen they should be able to determine when someone knows what they are talking about versus making things up to support their argument.

 

AE_Collector


What I have seen here is that some moderators will assert a position. The customer might argue that. It is here that the moderator _should_ go and check and verify that they are in fact right. What has happened is that the moderator keeps asserting incorrectly and thus the problem gets escalated.