cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Top Contributors – October 2019

I think I usually am sitting in the low 100 Bravos over 1 month duration and bumped from top 25% to top 10% for last two months now. Suspect I must barely be getting top 10% as I think I only have 1 "solution", I start very few "new topics" though I post in existing topics quite a lot, maybe too much!

AE_Collector

Oracle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So receiving at least one bravo combined with some other minimum criteria must be required to make you one of the group that the top 50% will be determined from.

I received many more than 1 Bravo and sometimes did not make the 50%....something is definitely amiss or the criteria has changed.

We don't know what the "secret formula" is but it just isn't Bravo's so we can't just focus on bravos and how many people got atleast 1 Bravo.  People may not even post in a month and get bravo's from people going through older threads.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So receiving at least one bravo combined with some other minimum criteria must be required to make you one of the group that the top 50% will be determined from.

I received many more than 1 Bravo and sometimes did not make the 50%....something is definitely amiss or the criteria has changed.

We don't know what the "secret formula" is but it just isn't Bravo's so we can't just focus on bravos and how many people got atleast 1 Bravo.  People may not even post in a month and get bravo's from people going through older threads.

Whatever...the point is that the number qualifying for the community rewards is down about 50% in the last few months, coinciding with the new Mod posting these. It has been a stark drop right from the very first post.  :-\

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats everyone!! 

Oracle

@AE_Collector @ShawnC13 Not sure how you find out the number of posters getting $1 and $2. My thinking on the number getting a reward goes like this: Top 5% = ALL the folks shown as 5%, 1% and Oracles. This is because the top 5% INCLUDES any at 1% plus Oracles. On this basis I figure that the total number elligible for rewards this month is 20*(8+2+8) = 360.

The key phrase is "elligible for rewards". This can be massaged any way PM wishes, but I suspect is fully automated. 

BTW: totally beside the point for how PM does things, but another support forum in which I participates DOWNGRADES for repetitive posts, UPGRADES for accurate posts, and has variable value kudos depending on the experience of the person giving a kudo. 

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@Luddite wrote:

@AE_Collector @ShawnC13 Not sure how you find out the number of posters getting $1 and $2. My thinking on the number getting a reward goes like this: Top 5% = ALL the folks shown as 5%, 1% and Oracles. This is because the top 5% INCLUDES any at 1% plus Oracles. On this basis I figure that the total number elligible for rewards this month is 20*(8+2+8) = 360.

Actually posted badges in your profile tell you how many received the reward. The 50% badge was awarded to only 53.

I don't recall noticing the numbers that had earned each badge written below the badges prior to the last few months.

AE_Collector33024D49-6FFF-48A7-9CAB-5CE09FDDA3DB.jpeg

@AE_Collector wrote:

I was beginning to think they were rolling October and November together this month! But, at long last the announcement and badges have arrived!

When crunching the numbers remember that you would add the number of recipients from all categories together to get about 50% of the monthly participants. Because if you are top 10% you don't slot into the top 50%, top 25% and top 10% categories, you land in only the top 10% category.

Adding up the number of participants who got to 50% + 25% + 10% + 5% + 1% + the Oracles should add up to about 50% of the total monthly forum participants.....I would think. This months number receiving a badge/reward is 110. How do we see how many either participated or maybe how many got at least 1 Brovo for the calendar month of October?

AE_Collector

The only time you can see how many received bravos in a given calendar month is to look at the leader board on the last day or 1st day of the month.

Assuming they are actually looking at October 1-31. Logically they are, at least more or less. If all automated, that is like,y the case. If some part is manual, they could easily look at the past month or so from whenever they get around to looking at it! Who knows......

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I don't recall noticing the numbers that had earned each badge written below the badges prior to the last few months.

AE_Collector33024D49-6FFF-48A7-9CAB-5CE09FDDA3DB.jpeg

Nice putting it together and showing concrete info.

Only 110 received rewards, yet there were over 700 that received Bravos, making at least 350 eligible. In the recent past, the leaderboard what a close approximator of who would get awards, of course with some small variations. I have seem a very close approximation for over 1 1/2 years. 

But like I said, since Adhu_S started posting, it does not seem to even come close. So something has definitely changed. And I see it it my results too.

P.S. Any badge in your profile with a Date stamp is the one that you received. If there is no Date stamp, it is not an earned badge.