Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors – October 2019

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

October 2019 EN.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracle.png

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

Top 1% October 2019.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

Top 5%. October 2019 PNG.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for October! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

REWARDS CHARTS EN.PNG

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

BRAVOS.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.png

79 REPLIES 79

kevinqqh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congratulations !

mo1979ca

Congratulations people.

Newfiescreech

Congratulations to everyone. ,, awesome group of friends..take care 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for all who contributed!

redgam8

I love this system. Please keep it going.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great job everyone assisting your fellow peers

Abbydad

Congrats!

Lisa6

Congrats to all, I'm new and look forward to becoming part of the community:)

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I can't completely blame them as I am sure they get a lot of arguments from customers that are over the top making no sense at all. But as long as they listen they should be able to determine when someone knows what they are talking about versus making things up to support their argument.

AE_Collector

What I have seen here is that some moderators will assert a position. The customer might argue that. It is here that the moderator _should_ go and check and verify that they are in fact right. What has happened is that the moderator keeps asserting incorrectly and thus the problem gets escalated.

Far too often, I might add  😕

I'm sure that happens too.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

I can't completely blame them as I am sure they get a lot of arguments from customers that are over the top making no sense at all. But as long as they listen they should be able to determine when someone knows what they are talking about versus making things up to support their argument.

AE_Collector

What I have seen here is that some moderators will assert a position. The customer might argue that. It is here that the moderator _should_ go and check and verify that they are in fact right. What has happened is that the moderator keeps asserting incorrectly and thus the problem gets escalated.

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97  @AE_Collector  Thats exactly it...the date stamp must appear. The month on top is not "set in stone" to confirm the badge being awarded. That is what my moderator spent 2 days arguing with me about. She wouldn't give me the reward based on the month versus the date. Oana applied the reward immeadiately because it was easy to confirm via the date stamp.

Yup...but don't get me going on moderators that argue, out of ignorance, for days....  😕

@pm-smayer97  @AE_Collector  Thats exactly it...the date stamp must appear. The month on top is not "set in stone" to confirm the badge being awarded. That is what my moderator spent 2 days arguing with me about. She wouldn't give me the reward based on the month versus the date. Oana applied the reward immeadiately because it was easy to confirm via the date stamp.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

P.S. Any badge in your profile with a Date stamp is the one that you received. If there is no Date stamp, it is not an earned badge.

Not completely true apparently. In my 7 months of receiving community $$ I have two months where the badge was not dated. off to get a picture....

Okay... in marking this up, I see what you are getting at, not "dated" as in "July 2019 - Top 25%" below the badge (which is what I was getting at - June and August badges didn't get the Month title label applied to them) but you are referring to the small print date below the badge indicating that it is the badge you actually earned which is useful in the months where we got badges for everything from Oracle on down the line.

AE_Collector

47768391-275D-4276-8310-1576D50D3740.jpeg

You got it, the ones with the actual speciifc date stamped below the applicable month. 😄

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Congrats to those made it this month.  More fun coming!  Smiley Happy

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

P.S. Any badge in your profile with a Date stamp is the one that you received. If there is no Date stamp, it is not an earned badge.

Not completely true apparently. In my 7 months of receiving community $$ I have two months where the badge was not dated. off to get a picture....

Okay... in marking this up, I see what you are getting at, not "dated" as in "July 2019 - Top 25%" below the badge (which is what I was getting at - June and August badges didn't get the Month title label applied to them) but you are referring to the small print date below the badge indicating that it is the badge you actually earned which is useful in the months where we got badges for everything from Oracle on down the line.

AE_Collector

47768391-275D-4276-8310-1576D50D3740.jpeg

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

PM states in the Rewards help page that community rewards are reviewed between the 1 and the 6th of the month. Whether they go by exactly a calendar month or by the previous date they checked, etc, will not matter much as it is only a few days difference, which should not a significant impact on the results, as things do not change that much.

Agreed.

Of course there are so many variables and assumptions we are making. But I would have guessed that there were 220 total forum participants in October based on the 110 receiving top 50% or higher badges. Now I might have been able to be convinced that it wasn't 220 total participants but 220 participants who got at least 1 bravo. Clearly that is not the case either, not even close if over 700 got at least 1 bravo. I haven't watched that stat at month end so far.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Assuming they are actually looking at October 1-31. Logically they are, at least more or less. If all automated, that is like,y the case. If some part is manual, they could easily look at the past month or so from whenever they get around to looking at it! Who knows......

AE_Collector

PM states in the Rewards help page that community rewards are reviewed between the 1 and the 6th of the month. Whether they go by exactly a calendar month or by the previous date they checked, etc, will not matter much as it is only a few days difference, which should not a significant impact on the results, as things do not change that much.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I don't recall noticing the numbers that had earned each badge written below the badges prior to the last few months.

AE_Collector33024D49-6FFF-48A7-9CAB-5CE09FDDA3DB.jpeg

Nice putting it together and showing concrete info.

Only 110 received rewards, yet there were over 700 that received Bravos, making at least 350 eligible. In the recent past, the leaderboard what a close approximator of who would get awards, of course with some small variations. I have seem a very close approximation for over 1 1/2 years. 

But like I said, since Adhu_S started posting, it does not seem to even come close. So something has definitely changed. And I see it it my results too.

Assuming they are actually looking at October 1-31. Logically they are, at least more or less. If all automated, that is like,y the case. If some part is manual, they could easily look at the past month or so from whenever they get around to looking at it! Who knows......

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I was beginning to think they were rolling October and November together this month! But, at long last the announcement and badges have arrived!

When crunching the numbers remember that you would add the number of recipients from all categories together to get about 50% of the monthly participants. Because if you are top 10% you don't slot into the top 50%, top 25% and top 10% categories, you land in only the top 10% category.

Adding up the number of participants who got to 50% + 25% + 10% + 5% + 1% + the Oracles should add up to about 50% of the total monthly forum participants.....I would think. This months number receiving a badge/reward is 110. How do we see how many either participated or maybe how many got at least 1 Brovo for the calendar month of October?

AE_Collector

The only time you can see how many received bravos in a given calendar month is to look at the leader board on the last day or 1st day of the month.

I don't recall noticing the numbers that had earned each badge written below the badges prior to the last few months.

AE_Collector33024D49-6FFF-48A7-9CAB-5CE09FDDA3DB.jpeg

@Luddite wrote:

@AE_Collector @ShawnC13 Not sure how you find out the number of posters getting $1 and $2. My thinking on the number getting a reward goes like this: Top 5% = ALL the folks shown as 5%, 1% and Oracles. This is because the top 5% INCLUDES any at 1% plus Oracles. On this basis I figure that the total number elligible for rewards this month is 20*(8+2+8) = 360.

Actually posted badges in your profile tell you how many received the reward. The 50% badge was awarded to only 53.

@AE_Collector @ShawnC13 Not sure how you find out the number of posters getting $1 and $2. My thinking on the number getting a reward goes like this: Top 5% = ALL the folks shown as 5%, 1% and Oracles. This is because the top 5% INCLUDES any at 1% plus Oracles. On this basis I figure that the total number elligible for rewards this month is 20*(8+2+8) = 360.

The key phrase is "elligible for rewards". This can be massaged any way PM wishes, but I suspect is fully automated. 

BTW: totally beside the point for how PM does things, but another support forum in which I participates DOWNGRADES for repetitive posts, UPGRADES for accurate posts, and has variable value kudos depending on the experience of the person giving a kudo. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congrats everyone!! 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So receiving at least one bravo combined with some other minimum criteria must be required to make you one of the group that the top 50% will be determined from.

I received many more than 1 Bravo and sometimes did not make the 50%....something is definitely amiss or the criteria has changed.

We don't know what the "secret formula" is but it just isn't Bravo's so we can't just focus on bravos and how many people got atleast 1 Bravo.  People may not even post in a month and get bravo's from people going through older threads.

Whatever...the point is that the number qualifying for the community rewards is down about 50% in the last few months, coinciding with the new Mod posting these. It has been a stark drop right from the very first post.  😕

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So receiving at least one bravo combined with some other minimum criteria must be required to make you one of the group that the top 50% will be determined from.

I received many more than 1 Bravo and sometimes did not make the 50%....something is definitely amiss or the criteria has changed.

We don't know what the "secret formula" is but it just isn't Bravo's so we can't just focus on bravos and how many people got atleast 1 Bravo.  People may not even post in a month and get bravo's from people going through older threads.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I think I usually am sitting in the low 100 Bravos over 1 month duration and bumped from top 25% to top 10% for last two months now. Suspect I must barely be getting top 10% as I think I only have 1 "solution", I start very few "new topics" though I post in existing topics quite a lot, maybe too much!

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.