Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - October 2016

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Lithium-TopContributers-OctoberBanner.png

Hello Community,

October was an exciting month for our Community, and we want to share some of that excitement with you! Before we do, here are a few interesting facts about the month of October that you probably didn’t know:

1. The Anglo-Saxons called October Winterfylleth, meaning the ‘fullness’ of winter.
  2. The Hunt For Red October, with Sean Connery, is the only film with ‘October’ in its title ever to win an Oscar. One of my top 10’s.
  3. Thanksgiving Day in Canada has been a holiday on the second Monday of October since 1957. Longer weekends- yes!
  4. Halloween is the second most successful commercial holiday, after Christmas.
  5. Lastly, remember that 70s’ horror movie, Halloween (1978)? Well, it was produced on such a tight budget that they had to use the cheapest mask they could find for the main character, Michael Myers. The mask used in the film turned out to be a William Shatner Star Trek mask. Rumor has it that Shatner initially didn’t know the mask was in his likeness, but when he found out years later, he said he was honored! I would be too.

I’m proud to say that there are also some great things that happened in our own Community during the month of October. Here are a few highlights and call-outs that are well deserved:

1. Big shout-out to @Caroline_D, the newest member of our Community team. Please help me welcome Caroline_D to our wonderful Community.
  2. We launched an exciting promo plan, 4GB for $40, on Oct 24th.Get all the info here
  3. We introduced “Simon the Bot”. Find out more about Simon by clicking here
  4. We completed this idea (Protocol for contacting moderators) from @daredogg and @jheili99. Keep the ideas coming!

A huge thank you to our super Oracles, our Top 0.1%, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions but helping others to better understand our services and contributing to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracles_top_july.png

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for not only providing feedback and support to our Community members, but also for building on the solutions provided by others. Together October’s Top 0.5% contributed to over 1000 replies, and together received over 1000 Bravo’s. Truly Amazing!  

top_p.png

We also want to give a shout-out to these members who have also been very active – posting, answering questions, providing feedback and getting Bravos.   Keep it up!

@WearySky, @Pier, @neo911, @sm2016, @nishufan, @imcphers, @jamestneutron, @mjs, @Chaos_Scorpio, @McLaren, @jheili99 and many more….

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.

reward_level_english.JPG

A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date. Earning a Community Reward is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravos.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper Smiley Happy

AS.PNG

To learn more visit our Community Wiki

33 REPLIES 33

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

awesome great job i am looking forward to be able to help the perspective customer and exist ones. 

Your heart Heart was in the right place @srlawren!

York
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just joined PM from Fido. The porting process and the rest is fairly easy. Looking forward to contributing to this great community! Smiley Happy

corebot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Congrats everyone! Keep up the great work!

Pasharu

congrats to all forum residents 😃

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Excellent points, @daredogg!  I also missed @ckl @stonechucker and I'm sure others as well.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hey @srlawren... I think @neilselden and @ute1978 should be mentioned! Bravos to both of them for contributing to the Province-wide, Canada-wide and Long Distance Add-ons post.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wohoh. Amazing. 

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good job everyone!

Congratulations to all, and thanks for allowing me to help out also!  

srlawren

Congrats to everyone that has been active in the community--you all help make the place better!!!

This past few weeks has been an unusually busy time in the community, and it's been hard to keep up with the volume of posters [this is an understaement].  I apologize in advance because I'm sure I will have missed some people, but I wanted to mention several community members that have been extremely active and helpful through the promo plan period.

In no particular order, a heart-felt thanks go out to....

@Rockdaddy22 @NDesai @computergeek541 @daredogg @JaK @McLaren @kav2001c @WearySky @jheili99 @Chaos_Scorpio 

Apolgoies again to those I've left out.  But please know that if you help even one person, you've helped make the community a better place!  [we miss you, Martin!]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

shrimpdude
Congrats everyone! Big, awesome changes this month!

sm2016

Thanks @Jeremy_M

It's a great community here and I've enjoyed my first month with Public Mobile. Did not expect to see myself up there.

zzguffy901

Congrats to all board members who received awards.

Also a HUUUUGGGEEE congrats to PM for dealing with all the crazy, perstering, and sometimes annoying customers including myself while we try to get set up with the new unbelievable plan. 

Here is for hoping everyone has a smooth transition and there is more success for PM and all of us customers!

Regards

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations everyone who did it!

nishufan

Glad to see so many new members got this honorSmiley Very Happy Thanks to our lovely moderators. @Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O @Caroline_D They are so busy after the promotion started.

Congrats everyone. Indeed, it was the busiest month, keep up the good work 🙂

Welcome @Caroline_D. We will see you around. 

homer

Congrats everyone 😄

Rockdaddy22
They sure have been

Congrats to everyone including PM staffs.

This year, moderators are working very hard on the community.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi all..

although i'm one of the newer members here i do appreciate and love PM support and services...

having said that, this community forum makes it possible and i think the honor belongs also to even the very newest member to our community as we all can make sure that PM will be a success and be around for many more years to come......negative comments on the board are always needed to remind everybody to not take customers for granted but to offer each customer the same great service

A BIG thank you to all of the PM staff for keeping PM running,improving and saving us all lts of money ...!!!!!!!

cheers.....

Rockdaddy22

ute1978

@WearySky wrote:

Woot woot!  Top 5%!  Not bad considering I only joined the forums on October 26th.  Lol.

@WearySky

Congrats!

(What did I tell you about my good feeling in one of the other posts?)

And of course congrats to all other badge holders! This month you all deserve them.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the nod on the Protocol for Contacting Moderators idea. I see that PM has taken the idea even further adding the Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 11.13.31 AM.pngtag to moderator names. Cool addition!

I found October to be very busy, fun, and even frustrating at times. It was great to see so many people stepping up, wanting to help others... and there's no doubt saying there was always a thread to comment on.

Thanks @Jeremy_M for your amusing monthly facts, as always. I totally want to watch the Hunt for Red October now. Thanks a lot! Robot Mad j/k

Chaos_Scorpio

Congrats to all :). Three time same % for me 🙂 ... doubt I get it for Nov but meh, I do not mind sharing 😛

Pier

Oh nice! Congrats to everyone and welcome on board @Caroline_D. Thanks PM for hiring more Moderators so that to make our community more accessible and better. 

THANKS,

TroyDaBes
Congrats to all the people mentioned. Keep up the great work guys.

Rockdaddy22
Very good, keep up the great work 🤑

WearySky

Woot woot!  Top 5%!  Not bad considering I only joined the forums on October 26th.  Lol.

imm1304

This October was possibly the busiest month of the Community so far.

Congrats to all the awesome mebers of the community, whether listed here or not, for keeping this place positive and always trying your best to help others.  

Special thanks to our super mods, @Mary_M@Shazia_K@Saray_O who have been working extra hard this month.  A warm welcome to @Caroline_D, who has hit the ground running.  

Need Help? Let's chat.