Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors November 2016 + 2 New Oracles Revealed

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Lithium-TopContributers-NovemberBanner.png

Hey Community,

November was another busy and exciting month, as we continued to offer our infamous $40/ 4GB plan. As a result of the promotion, we saw a big increase in new members to our Community, many having lots of questions. We also saw a huge increase in the number of Community members who were helping others out. A big thanks to each and every one of you for offering a warm Public Mobile welcome and for stepping up to help your fellow Community members in their time of need. Your commitment to helping others has truly been demonstrated over the past several weeks, and we are so fortunate to have such an awesome, caring group!

Let’s quickly look at some of the highlights from this past month:

1. We launched our highly anticipated U.S. Roaming Add-Ons- Check out the full details This idea was initially suggested in our Public Lab. From there, Community support sky-rocketed, and we are ecstatic to finally bring this idea to life.
  2. Our $40/ 4GB promo plan continued until November 20th- This promo generated a lot of interest, and unfortunately created a backlog in our ability to promptly address support requests. It also brought to light some fractures in our systems and opportunities to improve our support, which we will be actively working on. Thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through what has been a busy and challenging time.
  3. @seltaeb1956 created an awesome post which helped many port their numbers over successfully! Awesome job!

With the influx of new customers, also came an influx of Community help! Thanks to everyone who started a discussion, helped solve a question, and a big thanks to those who even wrote instructional topics on how things work. We would also like to extend our thanks to the following people.

Our Oracles

You’ll know our Oracles, our top 0.1% community contributors, as @srlawren, @Luddite, and @imm1304. These three really know their stuff and have been helping new Community members left, right and centre. With their combined efforts they made over 1000 replies, and received 1200 Bravo’s. They have the role of being part tech wizard, part Boy Scout and part Jedi master down pat. 

Oracles_top_july.png

This past month also allowed a couple of members to shine, and we are excited to introduce two new Oracles to the Community. These two new Oracles have been with Public Mobile for over a year, and have been very active right from the start. Together, they have contributed over 6000 replies, received over 4000 Bravo’s and have provided hundreds of solutions.

Please welcome Public Mobile’s latest Oracles!

ndesai.png

NDesai and formerly known as dhanadhan

NDesai is an IT whiz! After years of work experience and a strong passion for what he does, he has a wide breadth of IT knowledge including computer hardware/ software, networking, programming, web development, wireless and security. As a result, he has a hard time going anywhere without his computer and phone. I’m sure many of you can relate, right? NDesai is also an avid Vancouver Canucks and New England Patriots Fan.

rockdaddy.png

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22 loves the Public Mobile Community because he loves helping others and sharing his knowledge about phones and how they work. He also has a strong appreciation for the Public Mobile moderators, and all the work that they do! Aside from his Community involvement, Rockdaddy22 likes to watch movies, collect coins and is a big fan of the Toronto Raptors.

Our Top 0.5%

We’d also like to thank our Community members who made it to the top 0.5% this month. Together, December’s Top 0.5% contributed over 2400 replies, and received over 1600 Bravo’s. Truly amazing! 

top5.JPG

We also want to give a shout-out to these members who have also been very active – posting, answering questions, providing feedback and getting Bravos.   Keep it up!

@computergeek541, @neo911, @McLaren, @nishufan, @imcphers, @ute1978, @ckl, @Chaos_Scorpio, @jamestneutron, @jheili99 and many more….

To recognize your contribution this past month we have added a badge, based on your contribution level, to your Community profile. A Community Reward will be also be given to all contributors on a reward eligible plan on your next payment due date.

reward_level_english.JPG

A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date. Earning a Community Reward is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravos.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper Smiley Happy

AS.PNG

To learn more visit our Community Wiki`s

85 REPLIES 85

shrimpdude
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats all! And @Rockdaddy22 is an Oracle now? He wasn't already? 😉

jimmyche

Thanks for believing in us,  @Rockdaddy22 .

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Awesome work guys, I definitely thought something was off.

jimmyche

Thanks @Jeremy_M for the prompt action. It certainly feels good when contributors' effort are properly recognised. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@daredogg wrote:

The Top 0.5% looks better now... I didn't think I was at the top of the list (as per the original graphic) and forgot about the contributions of @CaNuCk07 and @hummuschips.

Yes indeed now 0.5% looks more fair. Congrats to the members on the podium of 0.5% and all other happy members who received a badge today!

The Top 0.5% looks better now... I didn't think I was at the top of the list (as per the original graphic) and forgot about the contributions of @CaNuCk07 and @hummuschips.

original.jpeg

Looks like @jimmyche made top 5% and @ShawnC13 the top 0.5%! Knew something wasn't right, so thanks to Jeremy_M for double checking!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Folks,

There seems to have been a slight glitch in our reporting of Community rewards for the month of November. I went ahead and adjusted the badges, and I will make sure those who haven't received a Community reward and should, will receive it.

Will do my best to make sure that this "glitch" does not reoccur going forward.

Jeremy

ute1978

@Jeremy_M wrote:

@jimmyche I'm validating the monthly report - seems like there could have been a slight glitch. If there are any errors, I will update the post and make sure those who contributed and fit in the ranks get rewarded.

Jeremy

Awesome. I can see new badges in more accounts now... I knew it was just a glitch. Hooray to the new badge holders.

MyzMc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c I know it's not just the bravos, I am just using the bravos as a proxy metric.  If you think someone with 100 bravos/100 replies/multiple solutions in November does not crack top 50% then ...The bottom 50% are probably those with 1-2 posts, no bravos, no solutions, no ideas.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kav2001c @daredogg @ute1978

My bad on the graphic, I had that changed 🙂

On the subject of Community rewards, there are many factors that we look at. It's not only about the amount of "Bravo's" that one receives or gives, but also the number of replies, accepted solutions, ideas...etc.

@jimmyche I'm validating the monthly report - seems like there could have been a slight glitch. If there are any errors, I will update the post and make sure those who contributed and fit in the ranks get rewarded.

Jeremy

@MyzMc but again bravos are NOT the only metric

There is an entire thread on this, but as an example, someone who posts 1 solution has more rank than someone who posts 10 bravos

In addition to the math side I have long contended there is someone making a judgement call as certain results seem contrary to the math

MyzMc

@kav2001c someone that earned 10 bravos in Nov 2016 would probably be in the top 10% (look at the top bravod authors list). 

If someone can have 100 bravos and 100 replies in Nov 2016 and not crack top 50% then I think something is wrong.  You think 50% of entire active community did even more than that?  No, 100 bravos alone puts you in the top 5% of bravod authors.

So that is why I ask top 50% of what?  Top 50% of active community (anybody who posted anything), then 1-2 bravos probably cracked the top 50%.  If top 50% of those super-active users with minimum 100 replies, 100 bravos and 10 solutions then maybe it makes sense.

I noticed that too @ute1978 that the graphic is December 2016 when it should be November 2016. Oops on @Jeremy_M Robot Happy

We need to remember that the contributions are based on the full month, not just the last two weeks. If someone contributed heavily in the first week, not in the second, and a lot in the third & forth, then they would still be one of the top contributors. As people are mentioning, because there are a lot more members now, it's harder to crack the Top 25%. In my experience it's about momentum. If you have one awesome post with lots of feedback, unfortunately that's not enough. If you're daily/weekly contributing, that seems to be the ticket to the rewards. But like @kav2001c mentioned, nobody really knows how the scoring works, except PM themselves!

I'm honoured to have made the Top 0.5% again this month, and honestly, I haven't done anything special except daily replying to people's messages. I'm usually here at 6:00 am, so there's a lot of fresh posts not yet replied to. Maybe that's a hint?!  Who knows?

Congratulations to ALL the contributors (whether you're mentioned or not)! Thumb Up

@jimmyche It is indeed surprise not even 50%.

ute1978

@jimmyche wrote:
It's mentioned Top 0.5% contributed over 800 replies, and received over 1000 Bravo’s. Truly amazing! I am just surprised that with 100+ post and 100+ brovos, I didn't even make it into top 50% contributor.

I am copying my reply from another discussion:

bulb.png

Ping!

By going from profile to profile I tried to find a member in the top bravoed authors who reached top 50%. I couldn't find one yet. I think a system glitch has missed crediting the top 50%.

jimmyche
It's mentioned Top 0.5% contributed over 800 replies, and received over 1000 Bravo’s. Truly amazing! I am just surprised that with 100+ post and 100+ brovos, I didn't even make it into top 50% contributor.

@MyzMc wrote:

Top 50% of what?  If top 50% of community, then someone that earned like 1 Bravo would be in top 50%.

How do you figure that?

In past 30 days there were 1578 people who earned at least 1 bravo

Of those 965 earned at least 2 bravos

Also just as an FYI to new members, bravos are NOT the only metric they look at (if it was I would be top 0.1%)

Now if anyone has any ideas how the voodoo magic actually works... 

ute1978

Haha, has anyone noticed the title says

Top Contributors November 2016

but the picture in the original post from @Jeremy_M is December?

Probably a mistake.

MyzMc

Top 50% of what?  If top 50% of community, then someone that earned like 1 Bravo would be in top 50%.

@jimmyche the rewards are not based on stats, we have a long standing debate as to what actually qualifies but Public is not telling us

jimmyche

@Jeremy_M

So all bages has been added?

I am a little surprise that I didn't even make it into the top 50% with the following stats.

But if it's what it is, it's what it is.

LocationVancouver BC
Date Registered‎11-02-2016 08:50 AM
Date Last Visiteda moment ago
Total Messages Posted112
Total Bravos Received106
Total Page Views4710
Total Messages Read10378
Topics Started10
Replies97
Ideas Posted2
Idea Comments Posted3
Total Solutions Authored8
Total Solutions Marked Accepted2
Total Bravos Given65
Total Board Views451
Total Signins161
Total Minutes Online3171

@ute1978Yes totally agree The real reward is saving so much each month compared to my old provider it just seems a little weird to see names that I didn't see this month.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ute1978

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ute1978yes there was a name that was awarded a top 5% and their prfile shows they never even posted last month

It is the way it is and we should be grateful for having this unique reward system where memers can save even more money.

@ute1978 wrote:

@homer wrote:

After the launch of the $40 4GB promo plan, I could only achieve top 25% community reward with the same level of participation 😞 (previously I made to 5% continuously). It is less rewards for me, but may be good for other new community members. 

Congrats everyone

Yes, more members less chances of getting the top badges.

Nope, I will not question the awarding of the top 0.5% for the last 2 months as there are members on there from whom I haven't heard a lot the last few weeks... I just believe other more active members deserve the top 0.5% more. 

@ute1978yes there was a name that was awarded a top 5% and their prfile shows they never even posted last month

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Subbanator96

Congrats to the new oracles! Glad to see you guys being recognized 🙂 @Rockdaddy22 and @NDesai!!

seltaeb1956
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the mention of FIX that helped some people, but I must mention that I found this fix by going thru the discussion area, and It was posted by another member, who I can not remember who it is, but they deserve credit for the FIX also.

@ute1978 wrote:

Nope, I will not question the awarding of the top 0.5% for the last 2 months as there are members on there from whom I haven't heard a lot the last few weeks... I just believe other more active members deserve the top 0.5% more. 

@ute1978 exactly! Congrats all who contributed

ute1978

@homer wrote:

After the launch of the $40 4GB promo plan, I could only achieve top 25% community reward with the same level of participation 😞 (previously I made to 5% continuously). It is less rewards for me, but may be good for other new community members. 

Congrats everyone

homer

Congrats everyone

Need Help? Let's chat.