cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Top Contributors - May 2020

@z10user4 @mimmo 

You are both happy enough to provide your opinions to my comments adding to a discussion that is still in the announcement thread contributing to the very thing that you find offensive. And why?  Because otherwise you would be staring at the landing hoping for some poor soul having an issue with their phone/service that you can hopefully pounce upon before @gblackma does and gets the solution? Lighten up on the whole discussions thing.....you could be in the lounge enjoying my murder thread (murder of crows.....if you don't know that already.) Oh but wait that inexplicably got deleted!

Well at least @gpixel4 is entertained. Have you filled your bowl with popcorn or are you a chip man? Personally I gravitate towards dill pickle as my preferred flavour.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

I'm happy to concentrate on providing help/support but as @Naepalm just mentioned when there's only one new question every 2 hours maxing out at 12 per day with at least 25 members here everyday wanting to provide help/support how is not having any other discussion, no repetive posts going to keep members engaged? Let alone recruiting and retaining new members? Shall we have a waiting list that we rotate thru so every member who wants to provide support gets a fair chance at answering a question and helping out? That way two members can have an opportunity to answer the same single question per day and have their imput without having any extraneous discussions that could take away from the purpose of the community....to provide help/support  to public mobile customers.

BTW.....could someone please get an eraser and get rid of the "and share ideas." part at the top of the community landing page? Is seems to be an outdated part of the community's motto.

No to the controlling of who answers what. Who the heck would be the judge of that?

As for ongoing content to engage and participate...We. Have. The. Lounge. Share all the ideas you want. People might say something in whatever thread like I dunno pets or something. I don't care for dogs so I don't care. I would say I'm partial to cats but not bravo-partial. Can't stand the racket of a murder of crows so don't care. And no none of that to say no one else might. It's. The. Lounge.

Oh wait...but you want to be able to earn rewards and bravos and solutions for cat videos. I forgot.

I would have to agree that I too am surprised this all hasn't long since been shunted off to the lounge.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

I have never said I wanted my bravos for my cats Minty and Marcus to count towards my participation on the community. But why is the thread about half price sim cards in the lounge? Why isn't it in discussions or better yet....retail? Whose description reads as follows:

Tell us about your in store experiences at retail locations where you’ve purchased Public Mobile vouchers/SIM cards.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

I have never said I wanted my bravos for my cats Minty and Marcus to count towards my participation on the community. But why isn't the thread about half price sim cards in the lounge? Why isn't it in discussions or better yet....retail? Whose description reads as follows:

Tell us about your in store experiences at retail locations where you’ve purchased Public Mobile vouchers/SIM cards.

But writing about whatever in Discussions is doing exactly that...bravo-able.

So you're once again dragging up the old grudge about the Oracles and rekindling your war. Great.

I would have to say that many of those kinds of threads started out all fine and stayed bravo-able. Then they devolved into (yes purely my opinion) meaningless me too's. Then they got moved. Oh well. Why is this the end of the world for you to go to war over?

And yes the irony (hypocrisy?) is not lost on me that we continue this fruitless "discussion".

Have you not noticed the near complete lack of bravo's? Oh wait you got one.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

You keep discussing it.....i will continue to answer.

So you're once again dragging up the old grudge about the Oracles and rekindling your war. Great.

Oh...have I? Because in making my point to you I brought up an example of what I feel is a misplaced (in the lounge) thread? Or are you trying to insinuate I have a grudge against the oracles? I don't think I do I just question their decisions on occasion so I better understand them and their motivations. I hope you know how to swim when you go jump in a lake!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

You keep discussing it.....i will continue to answer.

Oh...have I? Because in making my point to you I brought up an example of what I feel is a misplaced (in the lounge) thread? Or are you trying to insinuate I have a grudge against the oracles? I don't think I do I just question their decisions on occasion so I better understand them and their motivations. I hope you know how to swim when you go jump in a lake!

You have waged an endless war against them to the point of dragging poor Tiana into the pettiness of it all and continuing your campaign against them. I'm not insinuating...I said it.

I say again...oh well. Why set your hair on fire over any of it?

Highlighted
Oracle

Popcorn time, I mean chip time.  This is entertaining if not tragic.  Typical discord in the community yet again.  @darlicious , I kind of understand where you are coming from.  However, the approach and demeanor is so polarizing.  Prior to your appearance in the community, this thread goes no further than members patting each other and one self on the back for a job well done and we all move on feeling better about ourselves.  How do you turn what is a celebration into a verbal barrage?  Can we seek out common interests rather than disunity?  Time to get something to wash down the salt.  BRB for more entertainment.  

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The implications that I do not deserve top 1% are very disappointing.  I've stayed silient about this part until now, but the rewards are decided by a computer. This arguing is the type of stuff that makes me not want to come here on some days.

Highlighted
Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

The implications that I do not deserve top 1% are very disappointing.  I've stayed silient about this part until now, but the rewards are decided by a computer. This arguing is the type of stuff that makes me not want to come here on some days.

There is plenty of room under the bus, welcome!  You are not the first to be tossed under and you won't be the last.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

I apologise if you took my comment as meaning you didn't earn your top 1% badge. It was a compliment.....i did say your part of the dream team. Or did you take that as sarcasm? Again my apologies for the misunderstanding?