cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Top Contributors - May 2020

Thank you to everyone who participated in helping out in the community. Awesome job!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

I'd expected to see more activity and more people (and thus more Top Contributors) in the PM Community last month. Kinda surprised the numbers are so low, to be honest.

Without the Leaderboard how can you tell the level of activity? You cannot tell simply by the number of reward earners. As I have pointed out, the number of earners has decreased significantly, and NOT because of the level of participation. Something else appears to have happened over the past year.

"Something else" may have happened. PM might've changed the parameters or something.

Otherwise, I expect the number of Community Rewards would serve as a rough indicator of Community participants. Top 1% of 100,000 people would be 100 times more than Top 1% of 1,000 people, no? I never bothered to read the Bravo leaderboards when they were available, they were too often (ab)used by those fixated on bragging and hubris.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Korth wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

I'd expected to see more activity and more people (and thus more Top Contributors) in the PM Community last month. Kinda surprised the numbers are so low, to be honest.

Without the Leaderboard how can you tell the level of activity? You cannot tell simply by the number of reward earners. As I have pointed out, the number of earners has decreased significantly, and NOT because of the level of participation. Something else appears to have happened over the past year.

"Something else" may have happened. PM might've changed the parameters or something.

Otherwise, I expect the number of Community Rewards would serve as a rough indicator of Community participants.

The Rewards is not a good proxy for participation level. As I have posted in thread before, I do suspect that the "parameters or something" has changed some time not too long ago.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

Otherwise, I expect the number of Community Rewards would serve as a rough indicator of Community participants. Top 1% of 100,000 people would be 100 times more than Top 1% of 1,000 people, no? I never bothered to read the Bravo leaderboards when they were available, they were too often (ab)used by those fixated on bragging and hubris.

When it was announced a while back that the reward payout amounts were increasing, the amount of reciipients of the rewards at each level dropped drastically. While the increase in reward amounts for each earner didn't go up until a month later, the drop-off in the number earning the rewards was very noticeable.  For some months, Public Mobile does decide to pay out more in rewards. They'l likely never tell us how they determine this.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Oh, I know the Community Rewards are always behind.

We're in June, this thread is for May, it's announcing results from April.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

You are indeed correct that each year there is a significant drop almost in half at each badge level of members receiving rewards. It makes sense when the reward amounts increased but since 2016 then the top 1% has dropped from a high of 15 to 7-9 and now 3 or 4. The top 5% had as many as 45 awardees dropping to 30 - 40, halving again to around 15 last spring and settling in around 8-10 last fall. The top 10% has had as many as 46 but dropped to 20 - 30 and finally settling in at 12 to 14 in the recent past. So a considerable drop of from upwards of 340 members earning rewards each month to 100 - 120 top contributors this spring.

@computergeek541  said:

'It's good to see a change in the way that rewards are calculated. This was long overdue."

The only change in the way the rewards are calculated I see is that less members recieve them and it is now virtually impossible for anyone else to make the top 1% now that @computergeek541 has chosen to retire. By doubling up his efforts and significantly increasing his post/bravo count by 25% and the good fortune of the mysterious disappearance of 130 of my bravos that left me with a considerable deficit @computergeek541 was able to slingshot past me from his average 8th place on the now defunct bravo leaderboard by overcoming my 220 bravo lead in third place and has sewn up the last spot left behind @Naepalm and @gblackma . Who hasn't skipped a beat since hitting number one and if new father with his 10th child can't slow him down @Naepalm@gblackma and @computergeek541  are the new public mobile support dream team!

@Korth 

I strongly suspect pm has a minimum post/bravo count to qualify for a community reward and sets the standard for the amount of reward recipients each month. Solutions probably limit your ability to hit the top badge levels.

Given all that the community is changing with the times and rewards are going to reflect that as well. I'm sure public mobile will add exciting new twist to keep us all engaged!!

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

You are indeed correct that each year there is a significant drop almost in half at each badge level of members receiving rewards. It makes sense when the reward amounts increased but since 2016 then the top 1% has dropped from a high of 15 to 7-9 and now 3 or 4. The top 5% had as many as 45 awardees dropping to 30 - 40, halving again to around 15 last spring and settling in around 8-10 last fall. The top 10% has had as many as 46 but dropped to 20 - 30 and finally settling in at 12 to 14 in the recent past. So a considerable drop of from upwards of 340 members earning rewards each month to 100 - 120 top contributors this spring.

@computergeek541  said:

'It's good to see a change in the way that rewards are calculated. This was long overdue."

The only change in the way the rewards are calculated I see is that less members recieve them and it is now virtually impossible for anyone else to make the top 1% now that @computergeek541 has chosen to retire. By doubling up his efforts and significantly increasing his post/bravo count by 25% and the good fortune of the mysterious disappearance of 130 of my bravos that left me with a considerable deficit @computergeek541 was able to slingshot past me from his average 8th place on the now defunct bravo leaderboard by overcoming my 220 bravo lead in third place and has sewn up the last spot left behind @Naepalm and @gblackma . Who hasn't skipped a beat since hitting number one and if new father with his 10th child can't slow him down @Naepalm@gblackma and @computergeek541  are the new public mobile support dream team!

@Korth 

I strongly suspect pm has a minimum post/bravo count to qualify for a community reward and sets the standard for the amount of reward recipients each month. Solutions probably limit your ability to hit the top badge levels.

Given all that the community is changing with the times and rewards are going to reflect that as well. I'm sure public mobile will add exciting new twist to keep us all engaged!!

Spend more time posting and less time pontificating the reward system and you will leave @computergeek541 eating your dust.  

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13amI never cared too much about what I received...I've never been a HUGE participant...just targeted. But I am an observer and do notice some things.

Edit: thanks goes to @darlicious for the summaries.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@will13am You quoted four people. But are you insulting any one of us in particular or just casually dismissing the whole group at once?

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious, back in 2016 there was also another level between 1% and Oracles it was 0.5%.  As you stated there is probably a minimum amount of posts/bravos required to get in the reward section.  Once that level is met I am wondering if that is where PM then decided the 1%, 5%.... from as the number of reward recipients has decreased it may be chosen from the qualifying group and not all the participants for the month.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *