Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Top Contributors - June 2021

@jib_tech wrote:

@Meow 

I don't come here very often but they really saved my butt last month so I didn't lose my service.

@jib_tech   How so ?   I can't imagine if you didn't have enough payment available  that any number of bravos would keep you hooked up . 😉

@barndoor wrote:

@jib_tech wrote:

@Meow 

I don't come here very often but they really saved my butt last month so I didn't lose my service.

@jib_tech   How so ?   I can't imagine if you didn't have enough payment available  that any number of bravos would keep you hooked up . 😉

Receviing bravos tends to lead to a Community reward which would reduce the amount needed to pay for the plan.

barndoor

@computergeek541 wrote:

Receviing bravos tends to lead to a Community reward which would reduce the amount needed to pay for the plan.

LOL     " tends "  ?     Isn't that  just a rumor and no one still has any idea how or if bravos factor into the rewards .

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor : So do you imagine it's just a random draw? Or oh we like barndoor this month...let's give him top 1%. Doesn't it stand to reason that getting a bravo is rewardable? Getting a solution is rewardable? Posting is rewardable? Those are the countable metrics for the site.

What's not public is how all of that is computed to come up with a score. Then what's not public is where they draw the line between the different levels.

barndoor

@z10user4 wrote:

@barndoor : So do you imagine it's just a random draw? Or oh we like barndoor this month...let's give him top 1%. Doesn't it stand to reason that getting a bravo is rewardable? Getting a solution is rewardable? Posting is rewardable? Those are the countable metrics for the site.

What's not public is how all of that is computed to come up with a score. Then what's not public is where they draw the line between the different levels.

Use yer noggin man  !!!   Sure a bravo  "may" be rewardable .   But in looking at how they are obtained  why would they carry  much weight  if the formula is developed  by someone that wants to encourage people to participate . i have had more likes in the last couple weeks from people just running down the page adding bravos than I have had from people who have obviously read the post . 

It takes effort to make a post , it takes knowledge to create a solution  .... a bird on the keyboard can ad a bravo  ...how much weight would you give it ? .... 

Did you not read Darlicious's  example comparison  ? How did the bravos play into that ? 

Meow
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Lol....both my accounts are free. I may say I pay a couple of bucks a month on one but really it comes off my credit. If all of my referrals are active the crecit is untouched. I have $4 in loyalty to come still too.....so I am in a position that I don't need to contribute to the community for my services to remain free.

Loosing you as contributor @darlicious, will be Huge loss for community.

I and am sure many others have learned a lot from your posts.

I strongly believe you do not post to get a monetary credit as, as you mentioned, your PM accounts are free due to different discounts applied.

Getting a monetary credit is a nice perk but that should NOT be primary goal to post in forum.

There is no better feeling (at least for me) if I am able to help somebody even with my still limited knowledge of PM. Receiving Bravo is a sign I brightened somebody's day. Giving Bravo is a sign I learned something new or post is worth clapping hands (yes!, good answer! funny! I learned something new!).

Yummy
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Getting rewards posting messages could be stimulating for many forum members.

I do appreciate when I read advises, potential solutions for issues members have, explanations why and what is going on at PM, etc.

Some solutions are repeated many times but 'Repetito Est Mater Studiorum' so it never hurts to refresh your memory and confirm Your solution would be almost the same.

barrascuk

@Yummy wrote:

Getting rewards posting messages could be stimulating for many forum members.

I do appreciate when I read advises, potential solutions for issues members have, explanations why and what is going on at PM, etc.

Some solutions are repeated many times but 'Repetito Est Mater Studiorum' so it never hurts to refresh your memory and confirm Your solution would be almost the same.

It is possible to have 1, 2, or 3 respond at the same time. Some almost the same and some with a little extra. Those duplications are unintentional. Unfortunately there are some that wait for a response and then turn it into a epistle of over information and incorrect information that can leave a newbie overwhelmed and disappointed. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Agreed....and thank you.

@Yummy 

Agreed.

@barrascuk 

Agreed. 

This first time that I can recall a Top Contributors thread remaining on the landing page into the following month and has elicited ( @z10user4  see I learned! lol!😃) a good healthy discussion on several topics that any new community member can contribute to and test the waters of participation without the fear of it being the wrong answer.

barndoor

@Meow wrote:

There is no better feeling (at least for me) if I am able to help somebody even with my still limited knowledge of PM. Receiving Bravo is a sign I brightened somebody's day. Giving Bravo is a sign I learned something new or post is worth clapping hands (yes!, good answer! funny! I learned something new!).

I agree ... and that is why I would hope that a bravo has little reward weight and why I think the main residents here should stop advertising that it is reward related . So that the bravo retains its value as a true kudo  for a point well made . Not just a gotta get my count up for more reward so i'll do the whole page type of thing . 

A bravo should be its own reward. 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.