cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Top Contributors - June 2020

@gpixel4 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 BUT STILL no true shout out... oh bother. This is getting old.

im sure our statistics advisor will post it for us soon 😊

Actually, sadly that will not likely happen as it seems PM has gone over the top on this issue and are now WARNING and BANNING customers from posting such info because they see it as "disrupting" and "causing disputes".

How utterly sad that a company that prides itself with claiming to have an open community, holding forums to get community feedback on how to increase participation, etc., would resort to shutting down such open communication.

Even removing the Leaderboard makes little sense in the big picture...after all, even this OP directs users to give Bravos and Accept Solutions...because there ARE the BIGGEST contributors to earning rewards with PM...and EVERYONE knows it. (Sure there are other factors but these ARE the biggest ones).

Worse yet is having some community members actually raise a stink over such a non-issue, and then PM caving in to such demands instead of taking a balanced leadership role and managing this by re-framing it as tools to encourage participation.

(Can you imagine a customer being banned simply for posting user IDs...as if this was such an egregious act...from a company that ONLY provides support through this community? The customer service angle on this is SO wrong!)

All these actions by PM are actually accomplishing the exact opposite. It is one of the reasons why, after trying many times to be a significant contributor and getting shot down and shut down because so many lose the forest for the trees and engage is such petty jealousy and envy over the meager rewards that are offered, that I simply do not contribute any where near what I used to (not that I was a "mad person" like some around here, but I did my part).

(don't get me wrong, they are appreciated BUT they are just tokens of appreciation from PM...BUT it is part of their advertising budget).

So welcome all you newbies to this "wonderful" community.

I just do not see why this is such a hot and divisive topic. Shout outs of user ids that are already anonymous and access to a Leaderboard so other can see the level of contribution by others and theirs is SO innocuous.

Oh well.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats everyone! I think I contributed less last month but the same reward, so yay!

Great job top 1% @gblackma not sure who the other one is lol

Highlighted

@gpixel4 you're the other one that got top 1%. Congrats 🙂  just learned to hover over people's names and see what they got! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Congrats everyone especially @gblackma 

On a other note it doesn't take much to earn a reward. PM forumula needs more tweeking. Although Bravo's are not visible it seems like simply responding to every post regardless if it's detailed or correct, get Bravo's and you'll earn a reward.

One poster earned $1 for simply 8 posts. 4 of them was asking a question and 3 responses saying thank you 🙄

So just write anything on every post and you'll earn something lol

Highlighted
Oracle

@pm-smayer97  Count me among those pleased with the new look. 
BTW: you are totally free to post any data you can glean from your research. However, as it would represent a diversion from this thread's theme, suggest you create a new thread in the Lounge. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97  Count me among those pleased with the new look. 
BTW: you are totally free to post any data you can glean from your research. However, as it would represent a diversion from this thread's theme, suggest you create a new thread in the Lounge. 

Yes, I am aware that some are happy with it.

I have no interest in gleaning any such data (nor have I ever).  But to argue that this is a diversion from this thread is false....the title is "Top Contributors". And such a list would be exactly that.

And your stating that users are free to post such list is also false and I have it on good authority that this action has been chastised by PM.

Highlighted

@Jb456 wrote:

Congrats everyone especially @gblackma 

On a other note it doesn't take much to earn a reward. PM forumula needs more tweeking. Although Bravo's are not visible it seems like simply responding to every post regardless if it's detailed or correct, get Bravo's and you'll earn a reward.

One poster earned $1 for simply 8 posts. 4 of them was asking a question and 3 responses saying thank you 🙄

So just write anything on every post and you'll earn something lol

Yes, it is not that hard to earn something, at least the $1 (50% group), so it is encouraged to participate.

But although that may be true, that is not in the spirit of truly contributing to the community. To be of value, responses should be meaningful...so I would not encourage to "just write anything". I would say feel free to respond. And hopefully others will like and appreciate your reply.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

Page 4 poster dtack. 8 posts.One there own question and 3 thank you responses.

Let me know if that qualifies for "just write anything"

Highlighted

Thank you everybody you not only given me lots of help in June but for other people too. I'm going to need a whole lot more this month too! Great work!

Highlighted

@Jb456 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

Page 4 poster dtack. 8 posts. Let me know if that qualifies for "just write anything"

I'm not trying to discourage ANY posting...it may not have come out just right but I was just trying not to give the impression that all that should happen is just post for the sake of posting but rather to encourage getting involved and actually helping out with useful posts. Hope that makes sense.