Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - June 2019

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

June 2019.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracle June 2019.PNG

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis. The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing!

Top 1% June 2019.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

Top 5% June 2019.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for June! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile. A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Chart June 2019.PNG

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas. And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravo image.PNG

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Accept as Solution.PNG

To learn more about how the Community works, visit our Community Knowledge Base Article.

51 REPLIES 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Psm wrote:

Does it matters if you use same or different email 

To be able to receive community rewards, the email addresses in both places have to be the same. It's the only link.

@Psm wrote:

@Psm Yes, mudt be the same to get community rewards applied to your account.

Psm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So now that this is posted, should the Community $$ show the reward? I ask because last month my actual reward ($2 Top 25%) never showed up there and so far nothing this month yet though I received the Top 25% medal a day or two ago. I decided it was likely a one time glitch last month so I am watching close this month to see that it works properly.

Terry

Are you using the same email on the community that you are with your self serve account?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Congrats to all community!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SD08  Thanks for the explanation and also appreciate the information on how to make the changes in my account, which I just did!  I must admit I have kept most of default settings in my account.  Also agree with you that PM should have kept the month label for the badge title.

Still not really a big deal since PM makes it fairly easy for everyone to earn extra rewards:)

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr wrote:

I just realized my badge issued for June community involvement doesn't actually have the month attached to it, I had understood from an earlier post by @SD08 that normally these kind of badges don't actually earn any rewards without a date/month attached.  I know in the past I have received a couple of these badges with no rewards so I'm wondering if this is the new way of posting community badges. 

Just to clarify my rewards are posted in my account so not a problem for me but was a little curious about the missing date.

@dabr 

Yes, for a while PM was adding the month to the badge titles to avoid confusion with badges applied late, but it seems they've gone back to the previous style now.  Personally, I think they should have kept the month label going forward, as that can only ensure consistency and clarity if there are ever future problems with badges being issued.  For your personal page, the key is to look for the badges that have an actual date attached, wedged between the title and the indicator for the number of people who earned it.  If you have your community account set to display relative dates, this might appear as "Tuesday" or "a week ago", etc.  In that case, for more precision, you can change your account to show absolute dates by going to:

Settings -> Preferences -> Display  --> choose Display dates as: Absolute dates.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:display

@dabr wrote:

I just realized my badge issued for June community involvement doesn't actually have the month attached to it, I had understood from an earlier post by @SD08 that normally these kind of badges don't actually earn any rewards without a date/month attached.  I know in the past I have received a couple of these badges with no rewards so I'm wondering if this is the new way of posting community badges. 

Just to clarify my rewards are posted in my account so not a problem for me but was a little curious about the missing date.

That's just a title for the badge name.  The name really could be anything.  A few month ago, badges were only granted shortly before the next month's, so Public Mobile renamed the badges t try to avoid some confusion.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Gradulations to all contributors. Let us continue to strive for the community and Public Mobile to improve as a whole.

@geopublic wrote:

Note: Moderator response time can take up to 48 hours.Man Sad

and sometimes they are like Buzz Lightyear....to infinite...and beyond!!!!

@stonechucker wrote:

I personally have previously not been credited with a reward at least 3 times, and I’ve had to address it with the moderators to get it resolved.  My latest renewal, was also the same day that rewards for community were applied, and other than looking at my payment history, I otherwise would not have seen the award applied to my account.

As the month of June is 30 days, back to back rewards for community could be awarded on the same date, and could be renewed on the same date each month, missing the overview page, but showing in the payment history.

@AE_Collector, I do not remember the date in June and July for rewards issued, nor do I know your renewal dates.  Is it possible this could have happened to you?

I see what you are saying. For example if the reward showed up about the 7th of the month and your renewal was that night or next day it might appear and then be applied to a renewal before you even notice it sitting in the community area. My renewals are 30th or 29th of the month lately which means the reward arriving around the 7th sits in the Community Reward spot for about three weeks.

Terry

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So now that this is posted, should the Community $$ show the reward? I ask because last month my actual reward ($2 Top 25%) never showed up there and so far nothing this month yet though I received the Top 25% medal a day or two ago. I decided it was likely a one time glitch last month so I am watching close this month to see that it works properly.

Terry

You do realize that it is a pending reward, right? It does not show up as a credit to your account balance. It should show up as a pending reward, which only gets applied on your next PM plan renewal date.

I personally have previously not been credited with a reward at least 3 times, and I’ve had to address it with the moderators to get it resolved.  My latest renewal, was also the same day that rewards for community were applied, and other than looking at my payment history, I otherwise would not have seen the award applied to my account.

As the month of June is 30 days, back to back rewards for community could be awarded on the same date, and could be renewed on the same date each month, missing the overview page, but showing in the payment history.

@AE_Collector, I do not remember the date in June and July for rewards issued, nor do I know your renewal dates.  Is it possible this could have happened to you?

Congatulations to all. If Public Mobile customers don't help each other, then who will? Smiley Happy

Note: Moderator response time can take up to 48 hours.Man Sad

@sunflowershine wrote:

@AE_Collector Terry, if you missed the community contribution rewards, you can contact the moderator for adjustment. There was something wrong last month. Hopefully you will get it back soon! 

Yes thanks. Did that with last month when the reward didn’t show up. Took a bunch of back and Firth’s because of course he could see that I was credited but that was from the previous month. In the end I think the moderator credited $2 directly to my “available funds total”. Of course I missed out on last months inadvertent double payment and now it appears that just adding the $$ hasn’t corrected my ongoing problem. 

Terry

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Terry

You do realize that it is a pending reward, right? It does not show up as a credit to your account balance. It should show up as a pending reward, which only gets applied on your next PM plan renewal date.

Well ... pending as in applied to my payment on my next renewal which is late July. But I think it should show as a credit beside Community right now? Or not? The $19 available hasn’t changed since last renewal June 30 (as expected) but neither has the “Community Reward $0” changed with this latest award. Actually Community has been at $0 for over a month as last months award never appeared either! It’s only $2 but as I expected, this is an ongoing glitch not a one off glitch.

Terry

2897571E-B18C-4117-8024-08E04C802CF4.jpeg98F544AE-FB91-4322-BB9D-B9FDA64C6052.jpeg

@computergeek541 wrote:

I believe that everyone's reward is added at the same time.  I can tell you that I do see commununity rewards in my account, and that Community badges have also been given out.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if the actual $ appears beside “Community” right away or not but it sounds as though others are seeing their latest credit there now.

Terry

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Terry

Are you using the same email on the community that you are with your self serve account?

Yes I just checked to be sure. To log into the community I just need my screen name and password but checking my account settings in the community I see that I do have the same email address registered as in Self Serve. This is the third consecutive month that I have received an award, the first worked properly, the second only appeared once when the duplicate payment happened and now the third is still showing $0.

Terry

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats to all those who contributed and received a much deserved reward for their awesome contributions.

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations to everyone for making the PM community a continued success. Well done!

@AE_Collector wrote:

Terry

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations to everyone for all the help you've provided to so many of your fellow customers and for the help you've provided to me. Good Job!

Great thanks to all whose contributions help others out (beyond just the chit-chat). I notice the numbers are dwindling the last 2 months. Getting ready for vacation time?

I hugely look forward to a true and hopefully efficient, accurate and effective ticketing system. It may be slow in coming but at least they are showing movement. 

@srlawren@ShawnC13

I read them both and may have switched each of your posts in my mind.

Both of you said things I fully back.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Now saying all that we must remember that the community is only as good as the information that is provided. PLEASE make sure that the info you are providing is correct, and if you don’t have enough info from the OP ask. Sending members to the moderators should be a last resort or something account related that can’t be helped by community members, lets help them by reducing inquiries which will speed up service for those that do need it. One last reminder QUALITY is greater than QUANTITY!!

@ShawnC13 I couldn't have said it better myself.  This cannot be overstated!

@stonechucker wrote:

I wish to echo the words of @srlawren, the quality of the responses, and asking the right questions of subscribers is paramount.  The more correct and relevant the questions and answers, the better our Community forum will become.

@stonechucker did you mean to tag @ShawnC13, based on the passage I quoted above?  Either way, I do support this sentiment 1,000,000,000%.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Bell3

Thanks for all members contributed the community. Congratulations to all the members got rewards.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Terry

I believe that everyone's reward is added at the same time.  I can tell you that I do see commununity rewards in my account, and that Community badges have also been given out.

chelsealzl

Congrats everyone! I had quick and useful help when I first joined and then I started trying to help as I can myself. Earned the top 25% badge in my first month! Pretty happy about that. It's a wonderful community!

Thanks to all who put forth a genuine helping effort.  The Community wouldn't be the same without you. Congratulationa to all who earned rewards.

Congratulation s to everyone who participates in some fashion in the Community.  I wish to echo the words of @srlawren, the quality of the responses, and asking the right questions of subscribers is paramount.  The more correct and relevant the questions and answers, the better our Community forum will become.

Moderator wait times are painful - the Community is the first line of contact for those with issues - more often than not, the Community response will resolve or have a clear path for the subscriber before a moderator can respond.

As always, it's my pleasure to continue to assist in this community.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

Hi a big shout out to everyone who has participated in the community you all continue to be very helpful to me and I hope in some small way I have made a difference cheers!!

Need Help? Let's chat.