Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors – July 2018

Abdallah_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

July.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

oracles.PNG

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

top10%.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

top1%.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for July! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

english reward chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

bravo star.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

accept as solution.png

To learn more about how the Community works, visit our Community Knowledge Base Article. 

78 REPLIES 78

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@Effortit has been proven a few times that monthly rewards are in some way influenced by previous months and status

imm1304 is 7th & Rockdaddy is 9th all time in stats

Who do you think is more deserving?

(SD08 & mimmo_L are the only 2 close statistically

After that cliff drops off we get computergeek541 & yours truly)

I do agree with the idea that Oracle club should not be for life (on Koodo the Mobile Masters get insta-revoked if they are non-participants)

Even if an Oracle makes 1 post (and its a good post) its better than 100 dross posts

I like to use the last 6 months and last year as metrics of measure you find out who want just a one or two month wonder and can see who has contributed over a longer period of time

I checked the now archived threads of the monthly "top contributors" and "oracle" was formerly "0.1%" and is based around yearly involvement with the community. I will quote it now.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Top-Contributors-April-2018/td-p/238322

Customers who exhibit the highest degree of support over 12 months

That makes total sense and I apologize for my statement earlier.

@kav2001c wrote:

Actually to add to what @computergeek541 mentions

A $20 reward sounds like alot but it really is nothing

Contrast this to the Koodo Mobile Masters (Oracles)

Koodo sends them among other things FREE HARDWARE

So being in the top10 rankings can net you a premium device for FREE such as a Samsung S9

Technically the phones are classed as "loaners" but if they offer to send you a new phone every 6 months (or whatever the cycle is currently) would you say no?

Public is a low cost / no frills operator

You have a point.  The top contributors need to unionize and lobby for even better working conditions.  I nominate @Luddite as our illustrious president as when he talks, the decision makers listen.  The community forum is far more valuable to Public Mobile than the the Koodo forum is to the Koodo service.  We need reward paritiy adjusted by forum importance.  Smiley Happy

Actually to add to what @computergeek541 mentions

A $20 reward sounds like alot but it really is nothing

Contrast this to the Koodo Mobile Masters (Oracles)

Koodo sends them among other things FREE HARDWARE

So being in the top10 rankings can net you a premium device for FREE such as a Samsung S9

Technically the phones are classed as "loaners" but if they offer to send you a new phone every 6 months (or whatever the cycle is currently) would you say no?

Public is a low cost / no frills operator

@kav2001c wrote:

@Effortit has been proven a few times that monthly rewards are in some way influenced by previous months and status

I do agree with the idea that Oracle club should not be for life (on Koodo the Mobile Masters get insta-revoked if they are non-participants)

Even if an Oracle makes 1 post (and its a good post) its better than 100 dross posts

I think that argument could be made in favor of mimno, SD08, stonechucker, and webcoaster.

But yes, it's hard to argue against the oracles that we currently have when they are all in the all-time top-10.  Let's remember that people do have different obligations, schedules, family situations and sometimes, a person needs to disappear for a while for even reasons such as not having enough time in a day or a recent life change.

I think that unless someone has already been an oracle in the past, or has been offered the position before and knows what is expected, who are we to question the appointments?  We really have no idea what is expected of them, whether they are required to complete surveys on a monthly basis, have weekly conference calls with each other and moderators, participate in in-person market research groups, or what-not.  I'm not saying that those are real examples, just that we don't really know what is involved and sometimes, people do have to temporarily step back.  That doesn't make someone less deserving.  Things tend to average out and having that many bravos should tell us something about how much they've done for others in this community.

I know part of the issue could be that oracle community payout is automatically set at $20, while all other levels have to be earned each month.  Remember that $20 is really nothing and even an oracle only spends 1 hour on hear trying to help out (which I know for a fact that it takes countless hours to be at the top of the leaderboards), anyone can make that and likely more just by going to work for an hour or by returning empties found on the sidewalk. To even be considered for the oracle position, users have already paid their dues and proven themselves.

All other non-oracles are still eligible at a shot for $15 in a month.  We're really just talking a $5 difference. Anyone who is near the top anyway would already be getting a fair community reward. Besides, for the extra $5 comparing top 1% to oracle, not everybody would even have the desire to take on aded responsibilities or expectations of that position.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@popping,I am taking about people who post 10,20 or even an hour later with the same answer you see it quite often.  I myself have typed something forgot to hit post give and go and do something else and realise it is still waiting to be posted 5 minutes later

That's a fair point about something in the process of being typed and then all of sudden 5 people have already answered the question.  Sometimes, someone typing something out can take half an hour if it is a long or detailed post and depending on if the person is also trying to do something else at the same time.

I think we've all done stuff like post a message that is identical to someone else's a day or 2 later. It's not always deliberate.  I don't believe anyone has time to read every single message in these community forums so sometimes, people will skim through the messages and miss something.  There also situations where a user will hit reply right away after reading something as to not forget the thought, only to realize after getting through the entire thread that the thought was already mentioned ealier.  However, I think users can police themselves in the sense that the person who made a valid point first would likely get more bravos for the contribution.

As for the idea of only reading (without posting) through a thread, you're right;  it's perfectly okay to have nothing to say about a topic or to realize that what you would have said has already been done.

I think that more of an issue is of some who post the same thing over and over again in a scripted manner, when that person's script has nothing to do with the question asked, or if the information provided is just plain wrong.  We can debate the idea of scripted/canned responses, but what I will say is that when these posts are used, they should at lesat be relevant to the situation.  Once again, I believe that community members catch on quickly as to whether or not the person is truly and actually trying to be helpful or not, and the amount of bravos given to each user will/should reflect that.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thank you!  Life throws curveballs sometimes 😄

Happy to be back finally.  

@SD08 wrote:

Glad to have you back.  Smiley Happy

SD08

@imm1304 wrote:

Congrats to all the top contributors!  

I had to take a prolonged time off for personal reasons.  I see some new names on here.  Look forward to catching up and interacting with you all.  

Thank you to all those who participate and make our community so wonderful.  

Glad to have you back.  Smiley Happy

imm1304

Congrats to all the top contributors!  

I had to take a prolonged time off for personal reasons.  I see some new names on here.  Look forward to catching up and interacting with you all.  

Thank you to all those who participate and make our community so wonderful.  

mimmo

Everyone has valid points, officially PM does do a review of oracles every 3 months(not sure reality).  Both recent and long term past activity should be used when assessing current and future Oracles.

@kav2001c wrote:

I like to use the last 6 months and last year as metrics of measure you find out who want just a one or two month wonder and can see who has contributed over a longer period of time

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

@Abdallah_A  i know it is probably a little bit of extra work but i enjoyed reading the stats that were posted with teh announcent, ie how many solutions, how moay post made etc...  anyway to get those back?

Jonavin

Congrats everyone. I'm taking care of the basement.

Respublica
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Abdallah_A

this is the first time I read about top community contributors. A great tradition and wish someday I would be listed here :-)Cat Happy

Congrats to all and thank you for making this community a useful and helpful one!

Good1

Good job! Congrats! 

drmartin

@danielj wrote:

Félicitations à tous les contributeurs! Continuons à aider à améliorer la communauté.

Je voudrais pouvoir "Bravo" vous 100 fois! 

Nous avons besoin de plus de français ici.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

danielj

Félicitations à tous les contributeurs! Continuons à aider à améliorer la communauté.

danielj

Congradulations to all contributors! Lets continue to help improve the community.

@popping,I am taking about people who post 10,20 or even an hour later with the same answer you see it quite often.  I myself have typed something forgot to hit post give and go and do something else and realise it is still waiting to be posted 5 minutes later

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Effort wrote:

Not to sound jaded but Rockdaddy22 posted about 25 times, most being on one or two topics and imm1304 hasn't posted since May yet they were both the top contributers in July.

Everyone in the top 1% is more deserving of Oracle status than these two.

Imm is an ER doctor working crazy schedule and Rockdaddy is a shift worker. Their current hours might not be conclusive e to catching and posting in New threads that need help.  If the thread has been answered no need to add to it if it doesn't add any help, that is a tip to some of the newer period as well .If it had been started no point in adding to it just for some bravos

My typing is slow.  By the time I finished typing, a few already replies were already posted before my post.  Should I delete my post?  I have seen empty post with a big S with a line across it.

@Effort wrote:

Not to sound jaded but Rockdaddy22 posted about 25 times, most being on one or two topics and imm1304 hasn't posted since May yet they were both the top contributers in July.

Imm is an ER doctor working crazy schedule and Rockdaddy is a shift worker. Their current hours might not be conducive to catching and posting in New threads that need help.  If the thread has been answered no need to add to it if it doesn't add any help, that is a tip to some of the newer people as well.  If it has been answered no point in adding to it just for some bravos

Effort

Lg85

Congratulations everyone! Thank you for all your help and advice in this lively community! It has been a great summer of promotions by Public Mobile! Keep them coming! 😃 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Congrats all. Keep up the great work 👍

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Superb job!

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well done everyone! Another month passed of excellent contributions and community support!

drmartin

You deserved it, congratulations! This is what makes PM so great. 🙂

Orz

Woohoo! Glad to know I made it to top 25%. Helping other ppl is nice (as I got a ton of help here) the reward is pure gravy. PM rocks!

sbreakin

Congratulations but more importantly a big thank you to those that are providing so much help & advice. The advice is so fast and concise these days.

Also, thanks to PM for the reward program I've managed to contribute sufficiently to receive a reward almost every month although seems to be at 50% levels these days, the reward & consistent badge is nice.

WIth the referral specials & greater access (London Drugs, Walmart) and frequent 3G specials, it's been great at PM. We still have 1 $120-6/12/90d - rewards, a new $10 plan & the other moved to Koodo during that special.  

I still miss the no surprise roaming of PM as I might have triggered a roam over at Koodo while camping when turned off the airplane mode for 5 minutes to check if I had a Canada signal like someone nearby. 

Best wishes to all 

Need Help? Let's chat.