cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Top Contributors - January 2020

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I DON'T like the new format as it exlcudes the list of users who are supposed to be "shout"ed out. As it is now, it is not much of a shout out. Please restore the old format (at least that part).

Nevertheless...congrats to all earners, whomever you are!

Some of the top contributors may wish to remain anonymous. That I could respect. The shout out most of the times is usually not released until around the 15 of the next month after the badges have been applied usually much sooner than that. They could simply email and ask the top contributors if the wish to be shouted out by name or remain anonymous. Most of the true top contributors we would be aware of due to the amount of activity they do on the community anyways and based on previous monthly Top Contributors.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations to everyone who received a community reward for January. All the new members who received one now have an idea of what it takes to recieve one. Some will be happy to contribute what and when they can. Others will set their goals higher. The highest goal would be to be considered  for a seat at the round table of oracles. Those names need not be hidden in the contributers announcement. Members need to know who they are....that should not be up for debate. The top 1% and top 5% I think should be lauded....its a lot of work (help) to get there....and a lot more helping out (work) to stay there. As a result those positions are constantly being jockeyed around. Look how proud @AE_Collector was when he finally achieved top 5% for December after a whole year! Let members help out and have a goal to reach....a shiny new badge and their name in lights every once in a while.

@danielj  I like your idea too....asking and anyone to shy or too private can have blank avatar instead of their already anonymous username.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Companies who give ANYTHING away are generally doing it for the advertising aspect of their generosity. Most contests and giveaways include an opt in giving the company the right to use and advertise with the recipients name. We only use screen names here unless WE chose to use our real name as our screen name. I see no logical reason to hide this info at this level and further, I have always wondered why there wasn't at least a basic text list of the top 10, 25 & 50% winners in the announcement as well.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:..

... of their already anonymous username.

but what's the point? it is already anonymous 😕

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

Companies who give ANYTHING away are generally doing it for the advertising aspect of their generosity. Most contests and giveaways include an opt in giving the company the right to use and advertise with the recipients name. We only use screen names here unless WE chose to use our real name as our screen name. I see no logical reason to hide this info at this level and further, I have always wondered why there wasn't at least a basic text list of the top 10, 25 & 50% winners in the announcement as well.

AE_Collector

Exactly. 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I know we can see our own...It would be nice to see the "names" of the top earners. And the stats are always interesting too. Otherwise, this monhtly announcement does not amount to much.

Well, if you REALLY would like to know who all the various percentage(1%, 5%, 10%, etc.) reward winners were, why not start a thread, and simply ask. I'm sure the folks that got the various rewards wouldn't mind disclosing that info.

I have to agree with @CannonFodder  if anyone is really interested in seeing what badges were earned and by whom, best to just start your own thread (Lounge?) and other like minded users will be happy to post in it.  Of course, it'll probably be an incomplete picture because not everyone may be that bothered:)

Personally, I think I prefer the new format, but it's not really a big deal either way.

Anyhow, congratulations to everyone who received rewards:)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I know we can see our own...It would be nice to see the "names" of the top earners. And the stats are always interesting too. Otherwise, this monhtly announcement does not amount to much.

Well, if you REALLY would like to know who all the various percentage(1%, 5%, 10%, etc.) reward winners were, why not start a thread, and simply ask. I'm sure the folks that got the various rewards wouldn't mind disclosing that info.

I have to agree with @CannonFodder  if anyone is really interested in seeing what badges were earned and by whom, best to just start your own thread (Lounge?) and other like minded users will be happy to post in it.  Of course, it'll probably be an incomplete picture because not everyone may be that bothered:)

Personally, I think I prefer the new format, but it's not really a big deal either way.

Yeah, what @dabr  said..... aaaaand, as has been pointed out to me, cuz I had a brain fart and forgot, if you REALLY want to know, you can always go through the roster of members, and look at all their respective profiles, and check out which badges/rewards each person got...... maybe I'll do that later, for those "inquiring minds" that just need to know. 😉 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Yeah, what @dabr  said..... aaaaand, as has been pointed out to me, cuz I had a brain fart and forgot, if you REALLY want to know, you can always go through the roster of members, and look at all their respective profiles, and check out which badges/rewards each person got...... maybe I'll do that later, for those "inquiring minds" that just need to know. 😉 

@CannonFodder  In other words what @dabr  is saying is do the work public mobile isnt doing anymore and post it in the lounge (ironic!!!) Where any posted comments or bravos won't count either. This also negates the anonymity of the announcement. Those shiny badges are really starting to lose their luster!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@CannonFodder  In other words what @dabr  is saying is do the work public mobile isnt doing anymore and post it in the lounge (ironic!!!) Where any posted comments or bravos won't count either. This also negates the anonymity of the announcement. Those shiny badges are really starting to lose their luster!

@darlicious  TBH it really doesn't matter to me if someone posted their question on this topic in either the Lounge or maybe Rewards, it was merely a suggestion about posting in Lounge.  Posting under the Rewards heading probably would be more logical.

Also I wouldn't have any problems with bravos not counting for rewards purposes if received in topics like this one, especially since this thread doesn't really provide any customer service advice or help and is merely everyone offering congrats.  

However, I did offer my 'opinion' since this question was asked by Silvio M in the first post.  I'm sure PM will assess whether to keep the new format (no usernames for badges earned), or go back to their original policy based upon the feedback they get.  Either way, I won't get too excited or worked up about it.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@darlicious  TBH it really doesn't matter to me if someone posted their question on this topic in either the Lounge or maybe Rewards, it was merely a suggestion about posting in Lounge.  Posting under the Rewards heading probably would be more logical.

Also I wouldn't have any problems with bravos not counting for rewards purposes if received in topics like this one, especially since this thread doesn't really provide any customer service advice or help and is merely everyone offering congrats.  

However, I did offer my 'opinion' since this question was asked by Silvio M in the first post.  I'm sure PM will assess whether to keep the new format (no usernames for badges earned), or go back to their original policy based upon the feedback they get.  Either way, I won't get too excited or worked up about it.

@dabr   Your opinion is valid and welcome. I have no issues with it.