cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - January 2020

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 3 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 10 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 13 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 537 accepted solutions in January. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile. A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas. And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravos.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Accept as Solution.png

• The Public Mobile Community Team

P.S. We’re trying out a new format for our Community Rewards announcements. Tell us what you think below!

91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

It took A LOT of back and forth, MUCH denial and MISSING the point. BUT I am VERY persistent...so I EVENTUALLY got an acknowledgement. 😕

P.S. Alan_K responded back to me and has passed on all his previous responsibilities to Tiana_V.

Yeah so that confirms it that Alan_K is doing a different role now. But that's why I sent it to both.

Their silence said lack of interest to me. So if they don't care then I don't care.

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97  That's great to hear. This has caused a lot of confusion and I'm sure for some unnecessary suspensions.

Yes agreed. I pointed that out in my back and forth. Also affects those that try to intentionally and manually suspend their account on the last day ... if they are on AutoPay, they would miss it and their plan would auto-renew a day "earlier" than it says on the screen.

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

BTW, currently the Payment Due date shown in Self-Serve is ACTUALLY the Renewal date. PM made a change back in the Fall and presents the wrong date as the Payment Due Date. For those on AutoPay, it would not affect them and would effectively be transparent.(but I am working with them to get them to fix it so it shown correctly like it used to be).

A few days ago PM Support finally acknowledged that this issue will be addressed.

Well nice that you got an acknowledgment. I sent a whole long thing to Alan_K and Tiana_V some time ago and got nothing but the soothing sound of crickets.

It took A LOT of back and forth, MUCH denial and MISSING the point. BUT I am VERY persistent...so I EVENTUALLY got an acknowledgement. 😕

P.S. Alan_K responded back to me and has passed on all his previous responsibilities to Tiana_V.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

BTW, currently the Payment Due date shown in Self-Serve is ACTUALLY the Renewal date. PM made a change back in the Fall and presents the wrong date as the Payment Due Date. For those on AutoPay, it would not affect them and would effectively be transparent.(but I am working with them to get them to fix it so it shown correctly like it used to be).

A few days ago PM Support finally acknowledged that this issue will be addressed.

Well nice that you got an acknowledgment. I sent a whole long thing to Alan_K and Tiana_V some time ago and got nothing but the soothing sound of crickets.

@pm-smayer97  That's great to hear. This has caused a lot of confusion and I'm sure for some unnecessary suspensions.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Leethalgent
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do think that not seeing them is ok special in this day and age , to much I identity theft and phones being taken or stolen.  What happened to being good and turning them in to the authority,  anyway we have to keep use safe and protect others. Not saying everyone is doing this . Just a few  but it makes life a lot more complicated.  Hopefully the new g5 systems crack down on that . And we can have our digenty back as a human race.  Stay positives everyone! 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Nezgar 

Lately I have been finding the $$ in my account several days before I receive notification of the badge and then finally the announcement topic comes last.

AE_Collector

And of course, the reward only gets applied to your balance on your renewal date (sometime after 2 AM).

@Nezgar 

Lately I have been finding the $$ in my account several days before I receive notification of the badge and then finally the announcement topic comes last.

AE_Collector

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nezgar wrote:

@darlicious @AE_Collector 

Yeah this is the third time around I've received a badge (2x 25% previously), but no automatic credit each time. I'll keep pressing for a permanent fix then. Out of curiousity, how long after receiving the notification do you find the reward shows in self-serve when it works automatically?

@Nezgar 

When it works automatically, the reward usually shows up in your rewards page on about the 6th or 7th, before you even get the notification of the badge.

@darlicious @AE_Collector 

Yeah this is the third time around I've received a badge (2x 25% previously), but no automatic credit each time. I'll keep pressing for a permanent fix then. Out of curiousity, how long after receiving the notification do you find the reward shows in self-serve when it works automatically?

@darlicious 

@Nezgar 

Yes it was after four months of manual additions of the $$ to my available funds before a moderator had a trouble shooter (my words) looked further and fixed it for good. Wait to see if it becomes a monthly thing and then contact moderators pushing for more than just the $ being added to your account.

AE_Collector

@Nezgar  I know @AE_Collector  had an issue for about 5 months...not having the community rewards applied. It took quite awhile for the moderators to finally figure out. Have you always had an issue?

@CannonFodder wrote:

Top 10% - kselmak, dabr, AE_Collector, srlawren, wetcoaster, PAULRANG18, Nezgar, hairbag1, GR, zblackma, XionBunny, cellphoneuser1, pmcell

Nice digging work there! 👍 Late to the party here, happy to report this is my first 10% reward! Didn't realize at first that meant $5 not my usual $2 🙂 Unfortunately, Feb is surely going to be a slump for me as I have been out of town for a few weeks. Cat Embarassed

Anyone else have the issue where the rewards don't automatically? The mods graciously manually credit the reward when I ask a week or two after the notification, but I've asked them if they can look into why the system isn't doing it automatically...

@AE_Collector  Hey this one finger typing takes time...at least I don't have to proof read for autocorrect but heck the ribbon is old and and the letter r keeps getting stuck!

@CannonFodder wrote:

@AE_Collector  Yeah, I kinda figured that, but then she could always HAND TYPE them all into a private message and send them, OR she could create a semi-official addendum to my post, listing all the names for 25% & 50% herself.....

Yes she is Hand Typing them now as we speak..... on her a Remington Type Writer. They will be in the mail to you the day after tomorrow. She would have Telexed them to you but her machine doesn't seem to be working.

AE_Collector

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder 

Indeed @AE_Collector knows me well. They are hand written notes.I can tell you this much...with the exception of a couple of users the top 25% and top 50% are in descending order of the bravo leaderboard on February 1st.

Yeah, I figured as much..... the other % rewards were too, also with a few exceptions. So, since you've got 'em all on paper, how many names are we talkin' about?

@CannonFodder  Top 25% - 39  Top 50% - 70

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder 

Indeed @AE_Collector knows me well. They are hand written notes.I can tell you this much...with the exception of a couple of users the top 25% and top 50% are in descending order of the bravo leaderboard on February 1st.

Yeah, I figured as much..... the other % rewards were too, also with a few exceptions. So, since you've got 'em all on paper, how many names are we talkin' about?

@CannonFodder 

@CannonFodder wrote:

Ok then, since, for some reason, some folks are bent outta shape, got their panties in a knot, or whatever other phrase you care to use in just such an occasion, over the names being left out of the announcement, I've done as I said I MIGHT do, and compiled the list of the top 1%, 5%, and 10% reward recipients. Without further adieu:

Top 1% - Jb456, darlicious, LovesToPM

Top 5% - gblackma, geopublic, popping, z10user4, Triguy, CannonFodder, Staliger, Dunkman, totalUser, ChuckYeah

Top 10% - kselmak, dabr, AE_Collector, srlawren, wetcoaster, PAULRANG18, Nezgar, hairbag1, GR, zblackma, XionBunny, cellphoneuser1, pmcell

If I somehow messed up, given the badges don't have dates on them, please don't crucify me. That, and if someone REALLY doesn't want their moniker listed here, just let me know, and I'll edit you out.

Ok...NOW I'm no longer bent out of shape and do not have my knickers in a knot    😉 Smiley Very Happy

@gblackma wrote:

👍You now have to hang your shingle @CannonFodder  Cann. O. N. Fodder PM  PI 🕵️‍♀. 

@CannonFodder Or perhaps:

CANON FODDER with his disciplesCANON FODDER with his disciples

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

👍You now have to hang your shingle @CannonFodder  Cann. O. N. Fodder PM  PI 🕵️‍♀. 

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder  Nice job!  That must have taken a 'little bit of time' going through the profiles.

Yeah, it took a while, although it wasn't TOO bad..... had at least 3 or 4 tabs open at once, flippin' back & forth, all while copying & pasting names into my post.

You actually have provided more information than PM has in the past, because I've never seen more than the top 1% and 5% award recipients listed in the past 10+ months since I started participating in the community forum.

I figured that since there weren't THAT many names in the 10% reward level, that it wouldn't take too much extra time to add them.

I'm also a little surprised that the 1% badge wasn't awarded to one more user who has had a very active few weeks

There were a few that I thought HAD TO be at a certain % level, that turned out to be in one level higher, or lower, than I anticipated, which is why it took a little longer than I thought it might, since I had to sift through a bunch of profiles and badges.

...but we don't know the formula PM uses so there always is a surprise or two in the mix:)

It's definitely got a hint of black magic in the formula..... maybe a pinch of voodoo thrown in for good luck..... on 2nd thought, maybe it's one of those bingo machines, with a bunch of ping-pong balls in it. 😉 🤣 

@AE_Collector  Yeah, I kinda figured that, but then she could always HAND TYPE them all into a private message and send them, OR she could create a semi-official addendum to my post, listing all the names for 25% & 50% herself.....

Nope, from Darlicious so.... they're Hand Written!

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder 

Nice job.....iI considered doing it myself but since you were curious I figured I'd wait and see if you were curious enough to do it.

I wasn't at all curious, but figured since some folks had their panties all in a bunch(IIRC, YOU were one of them? 😉 ) over the topic, I'd do a wee bit of smoothing it all over for ya.

If you like I can send you my hand written notes that have the top 25% and top 50% noted.

Well, if you're talking about actual HAND WRITTEN notes, then no, BUT if you have them all saved in such a way that you could PM(in this case, "PM" meaning private message) them to me, and I can simply copy & paste them into my post, and maybe add some spacing and/or commas, sure, send 'em over.

@CannonFodder  Nice job!  That must have taken a 'little bit of time' going through the profiles.   You actually have provided more information than PM has in the past, because I've never seen more than the top 1% and 5% award recipients listed in the past 10+ months since I started participating in the community forum.

I'm also a little surprised that the 1% badge wasn't awarded to one more user who has had a very active few weeks...but we don't know the formula PM uses so there always is a surprise or two in the mix:)

@CannonFodder 

Nice job.....iI considered doing it myself but since you were curious I figured I'd wait and see if you were curious enough to do it. If you like I can send you my hand written notes that have the top 25% and top 50% noted.

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder OK; you are officially designated, by me, to prepare this analysis every month.

LOL, I just KNEW it!!! 😜 

Though it is a little elitest to leave out the list of top 25% & 50%. Robot LOL

LOL, you know, I thought about adding those too, but if you look at the original announcement, the number of people listed in the 1%, 5% & 10% was there, but not for 25% or 50%, so I had no guideline to go by, and would have just been fishing around, and likely would have missed a few. Well.... that, and it was pain-in-the-ass enough to get the names I did, so I gave up after that. 😉  As it is, I went one level further than the three previous monthly announcements, which only named the 1%, and 5% reward recipients.

@CannonFodder nice work.  Not sure why everyone needs to see the names.  As long as the reward matches the badge you got all is good!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.