cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - January 2020

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 3 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 10 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 13 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 537 accepted solutions in January. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile. A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas. And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravos.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Accept as Solution.png

• The Public Mobile Community Team

P.S. We’re trying out a new format for our Community Rewards announcements. Tell us what you think below!

91 REPLIES 91

@CannonFodder OK; you are officially designated, by me, to prepare this analysis every month. Though it is a little elitest to leave out the list of top 25% & 50%. Robot LOL

BUG? No see'em.BUG? No see'em.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Ok then, since, for some reason, some folks are bent outta shape, got their panties in a knot, or whatever other phrase you care to use in just such an occasion, over the names being left out of the announcement, I've done as I said I MIGHT do, and compiled the list of the top 1%, 5%, and 10% reward recipients. Without further adieu:

Top 1% - Jb456, darlicious, LovesToPM

Top 5% - gblackma, geopublic, popping, z10user4, Triguy, CannonFodder, Staliger, Dunkman, totalUser, ChuckYeah

Top 10% - kselmak, dabr, AE_Collector, srlawren, wetcoaster, PAULRANG18, Nezgar, hairbag1, GR, zblackma, XionBunny, cellphoneuser1, pmcell

If I somehow messed up, given the badges don't have dates on them, please don't crucify me. That, and if someone REALLY doesn't want their moniker listed here, just let me know, and I'll edit you out.

@dabr wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I know we can see our own...It would be nice to see the "names" of the top earners. And the stats are always interesting too. Otherwise, this monhtly announcement does not amount to much.

Well, if you REALLY would like to know who all the various percentage(1%, 5%, 10%, etc.) reward winners were, why not start a thread, and simply ask. I'm sure the folks that got the various rewards wouldn't mind disclosing that info.

I have to agree with @CannonFodder  if anyone is really interested in seeing what badges were earned and by whom, best to just start your own thread (Lounge?) and other like minded users will be happy to post in it.  Of course, it'll probably be an incomplete picture because not everyone may be that bothered:)

Personally, I think I prefer the new format, but it's not really a big deal either way.

Anyhow, congratulations to everyone who received rewards:)

Yeah, what @dabr  said..... aaaaand, as has been pointed out to me, cuz I had a brain fart and forgot, if you REALLY want to know, you can always go through the roster of members, and look at all their respective profiles, and check out which badges/rewards each person got...... maybe I'll do that later, for those "inquiring minds" that just need to know. 😉 

@CannonFodder  In other words what @dabr  is saying is do the work public mobile isnt doing anymore and post it in the lounge (ironic!!!) Where any posted comments or bravos won't count either. This also negates the anonymity of the announcement. Those shiny badges are really starting to lose their luster!

@darlicious  TBH it really doesn't matter to me if someone posted their question on this topic in either the Lounge or maybe Rewards, it was merely a suggestion about posting in Lounge.  Posting under the Rewards heading probably would be more logical.

Also I wouldn't have any problems with bravos not counting for rewards purposes if received in topics like this one, especially since this thread doesn't really provide any customer service advice or help and is merely everyone offering congrats.  

However, I did offer my 'opinion' since this question was asked by Silvio M in the first post.  I'm sure PM will assess whether to keep the new format (no usernames for badges earned), or go back to their original policy based upon the feedback they get.  Either way, I won't get too excited or worked up about it.

@dabr   Your opinion is valid and welcome. I have no issues with it.

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I know we can see our own...It would be nice to see the "names" of the top earners. And the stats are always interesting too. Otherwise, this monhtly announcement does not amount to much.

Well, if you REALLY would like to know who all the various percentage(1%, 5%, 10%, etc.) reward winners were, why not start a thread, and simply ask. I'm sure the folks that got the various rewards wouldn't mind disclosing that info.

I have to agree with @CannonFodder  if anyone is really interested in seeing what badges were earned and by whom, best to just start your own thread (Lounge?) and other like minded users will be happy to post in it.  Of course, it'll probably be an incomplete picture because not everyone may be that bothered:)

Personally, I think I prefer the new format, but it's not really a big deal either way.

Yeah, what @dabr  said..... aaaaand, as has been pointed out to me, cuz I had a brain fart and forgot, if you REALLY want to know, you can always go through the roster of members, and look at all their respective profiles, and check out which badges/rewards each person got...... maybe I'll do that later, for those "inquiring minds" that just need to know. 😉 

@CannonFodder  In other words what @dabr  is saying is do the work public mobile isnt doing anymore and post it in the lounge (ironic!!!) Where any posted comments or bravos won't count either. This also negates the anonymity of the announcement. Those shiny badges are really starting to lose their luster!

@darlicious  TBH it really doesn't matter to me if someone posted their question on this topic in either the Lounge or maybe Rewards, it was merely a suggestion about posting in Lounge.  Posting under the Rewards heading probably would be more logical.

Also I wouldn't have any problems with bravos not counting for rewards purposes if received in topics like this one, especially since this thread doesn't really provide any customer service advice or help and is merely everyone offering congrats.  

However, I did offer my 'opinion' since this question was asked by Silvio M in the first post.  I'm sure PM will assess whether to keep the new format (no usernames for badges earned), or go back to their original policy based upon the feedback they get.  Either way, I won't get too excited or worked up about it.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Companies who give ANYTHING away are generally doing it for the advertising aspect of their generosity. Most contests and giveaways include an opt in giving the company the right to use and advertise with the recipients name. We only use screen names here unless WE chose to use our real name as our screen name. I see no logical reason to hide this info at this level and further, I have always wondered why there wasn't at least a basic text list of the top 10, 25 & 50% winners in the announcement as well.

AE_Collector

Exactly. 🙂

@darlicious wrote:..

... of their already anonymous username.

but what's the point? it is already anonymous 😕

Companies who give ANYTHING away are generally doing it for the advertising aspect of their generosity. Most contests and giveaways include an opt in giving the company the right to use and advertise with the recipients name. We only use screen names here unless WE chose to use our real name as our screen name. I see no logical reason to hide this info at this level and further, I have always wondered why there wasn't at least a basic text list of the top 10, 25 & 50% winners in the announcement as well.

AE_Collector

Congratulations to everyone who received a community reward for January. All the new members who received one now have an idea of what it takes to recieve one. Some will be happy to contribute what and when they can. Others will set their goals higher. The highest goal would be to be considered  for a seat at the round table of oracles. Those names need not be hidden in the contributers announcement. Members need to know who they are....that should not be up for debate. The top 1% and top 5% I think should be lauded....its a lot of work (help) to get there....and a lot more helping out (work) to stay there. As a result those positions are constantly being jockeyed around. Look how proud @AE_Collector was when he finally achieved top 5% for December after a whole year! Let members help out and have a goal to reach....a shiny new badge and their name in lights every once in a while.

@danielj  I like your idea too....asking and anyone to shy or too private can have blank avatar instead of their already anonymous username.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I DON'T like the new format as it exlcudes the list of users who are supposed to be "shout"ed out. As it is now, it is not much of a shout out. Please restore the old format (at least that part).

Nevertheless...congrats to all earners, whomever you are!

Some of the top contributors may wish to remain anonymous. That I could respect. The shout out most of the times is usually not released until around the 15 of the next month after the badges have been applied usually much sooner than that. They could simply email and ask the top contributors if the wish to be shouted out by name or remain anonymous. Most of the true top contributors we would be aware of due to the amount of activity they do on the community anyways and based on previous monthly Top Contributors.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations to the top contributers and to everyone who contributed.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to all contributors. Let us continue to strive for the community and Public Mobile to improve as a whole.

@pm-smayer97 "For one who does not care for this thread, why are you reading, posting and giving out multiple bravos here?"

A variety of reasons I suppose:

- some posts are amusing 

- like to support our Community 

- pad my post count 

🙏

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I DON'T like the new format as it exlcudes the list of users who are supposed to be "shout"ed out. As it is now, it is not much of a shout out. Please restore the old format (at least that part).

@pm-smayer97 I'm in the opposite camp. Prefer the new format, in fact let's drop this monthly post altogether. Anyone who earns a reward will just get a surprise! 

For one who does not care for this thread, why are you reading, posting and giving out multiple bravos here?

@popping wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 I'm in the opposite camp. Prefer the new format, in fact let's drop this monthly post altogether. Anyone who earns a reward will just get a surprise! 

This is no longer a surprise as we know what we are getting on the 6th or 7th evening.  If our name is no longer on the offical announcement, I don't care whether there is offical announcement or not.  But I still like to see some of the statistics like the solutions provided by members during the past month.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

This is no longer a surprise as we know what we are getting on the 6th or 7th evening.  If our name is no longer on the offical announcement, I don't care whether there is offical announcement or not.  But I still like to see some of the statistics like the solutions provided by members during the past month.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Oh I know how to do that part.... it is just inserting coloured text to highlife the new parts that I can't figure out! Well... that and spelling.....

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I chose to quote significant portions of your post here with intentions of inserting text into parts of it but once again I can't firvthevlifevif mevfigure out how some do that in coloured text. Either I'm just not getting it (quite often) or that is one of the Oracles Only perks!

AE_Collector

Nothing facny...The easiest it click Quote as many times as needed with a gap in between each click, then edit out the parts that do not apply to the your respective reply.

@SD08 wrote:

@pm-smayer97, I'm fairly sure AE_Collector meant that recent previous badges had a label or title that included the month and year, separate from the actual date it was earned. For example, December badges had labels such as "December 2019 - Top 10%" in addition to a specific earned date underneath (e.g. 2020-1-15).  In contrast, the January badges just issued only have the reward level in the label but not the description "January 2020."  I believe you were referring to the earned date, which you see as a day and month because you have your account displaying absolute dates.

@AE_Collector   That "11 hours ago" that you saw (will have changed since) is the specific date/time that you earned this badge.  It appears as "x time units ago" because your account is set to display relative dates.  To see them with absolute dates instead, select that option  in the section "Display dates as" in this page:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:display

As for your original comment "Except no month and year tagged onto the badges again", I agree, for the sake of clarity, PM should have kept the previous format that included the month and year in the badge label like they had for December.  I'm not sure why there has been such inconsistency in the label over the past year.

PM_Badges_Label&DateEarned.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------
Great post @SD08 

I was in too much of hurry when I first posted, didn't go back and compare badges from different months to give a more precise description. Last night I went back and modified my post significantly once I was certain that I had not got it wrong. And now this morning I see your post on the subject. This of course isn't the first time the month-year has been omitted. Seems to me there is a fairly predictable rotation through everyone (or maybe just many of us?) receiving 6-8 badges in one month covering everything from Oracle down to top 50. That was December. Now January is one badge but no date attached to it other than when it was awarded. Next month will likely be a single .. dated badge and then the rotation can start over!

Thanks for the "how to change my forum date display format"!! It has been annoying me to no end that older posts get dated as "a week ago" etc. I've even got dates displaying in my preferred method of Year-Month-Day now... thanks again! 

I chose to quote significant portions of your post here with intentions of inserting text into parts of it but once again I can't for the life of me figure out how some do that in coloured text. Either I'm just not getting it (quite often) or that is one of the Oracles Only perks!

AE_Collector

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would do the floss dance if I knew how to 

@SD08 wrote:

I'm not sure why there has been such inconsistency in the label over the past year.

Correct...the January badge shows the Date earned and the % category but is missing Month and Year in the label...yes very inconsisteny.

And I still think that PM should include the list of earners like in the past...otherwise it is not much of a recognition for them.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Whoo hoo! Congratulations to everyone who is a top contributor! It's been awhile for me, am finally back in the game, as a top 25%. 

Top 25%

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote: 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Seems like badges worked great this month compared to the issues last month.

Except no month and year tagged onto the badges again....

AE_Collector

Mine shows date and month... 

@AE_Collector  wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

You may be correct. Mine says "11 hours ago" so that may turn into January 2020 down the road. Not sure though....many times they don't have the month/year title on them.

@pm-smayer97  @AE_Collector 

It looks like there may be a bit of confusion as you two were each referring originally to different parts of the badge.

@pm-smayer97, I'm fairly sure AE_Collector meant that recent previous badges had a label or title that included the month and year, separate from the actual date it was earned. For example, December badges had labels such as "December 2019 - Top 10%" in addition to a specific earned date underneath (e.g. 2020-1-15).  In contrast, the January badges just issued only have the reward level in the label but not the description "January 2020."  I believe you were referring to the earned date, which you see as a day and month because you have your account displaying absolute dates.

@AE_Collector   That "11 hours ago" that you saw (will have changed since) is the specific date/time that you earned this badge.  It appears as "x time units ago" because your account is set to display relative dates.  To see them with absolute dates instead, select that option  in the section "Display dates as" in this page:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:display

As for your original comment "Except no month and year tagged onto the badges again", I agree, for the sake of clarity, PM should have kept the previous format that included the month and year in the badge label like they had for December.  I'm not sure why there has been such inconsistency in the label over the past year.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations!

@pm-smayer97 

Hmmm, mine doesn't. Here is the January badge bottom right and 3 of my collection of badges from December all branded with December 2019. There are months with unbranded badges like hpjanuary, months where we get virtually every available badge like in December and occasionally a month with just one properly date branded badge.58DF89B1-CED4-407C-8E5F-7973A5A7E603.jpeg

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Seems like badges worked great this month compared to the issues last month.

Except no month and year tagged onto the badges again....

AE_Collector

Mine shows date and month...

Need Help? Let's chat.