Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - January 2018

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

PUBLICMOBILE_TopContributorBanners_v1-JAN_DESIGN_V3_Jan8.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, our Top 0.1%, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

December 2017 Top 0.1%.png We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 0.5% are truly amazing!  

January 2018 Top 0.5%.png

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

@kav2001c, @Mana, @Lg85, @computergeek541, @ute1978, @AlexOfAnders, @KMG, @SD08, @alanbrenan, @Taekgun, @GreatCanadian, @JDT and many more….

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for January! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Contributor Levels.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravo Icon.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

To learn more about how the Community works, visit our Community wiki.

62 REPLIES 62

I had 2 very long threads analyzing about 18 months of data and it never made any sense

Even more nonsensical to me is the (alleged) participation requirement of users (I initially assumed bravos alone would not get people badges, but there is a very odd case of an Oracle who passed away earning badges for nearly a year posthumously. He obviously never logged in, never posted, was not active and yet still earned badges... how?)

Bravos are the most visible metric and they have the most influence.

But there is something else at work (eg a bravo from an Oracle is less important than a normal bravo? A bravo in the getting started forum is worth less than a bravo from the Public lab)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth yes oracles get $10/month but that is the same as teh .001% level ie members who shown top level contibutions over the past 12 months. (or however the wording  was)

Interesting post about the oracles.  I doubt they actually follow those rules if recent events are an example.  it took an oracle to step down for a new one (actully two) to be promoted.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo

I thought Oracles get an extra $10 reward, lol, could be wrong.

Costs ($) based on your counted numbers are almost exactly half my rough 80/20 estimate.

I hope that doesn't mean almost exactly half of the 7500 members are gone.

mimmo

@Korth climbing the stairs with me?

also oracles and teh .oo1% are one and the same the .005 are as well seem to be a fixed  vs a calculated number.

found the discussion i was refering to

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Growing-Community/m-p/177924#M53333

here were my data points

date awarded  0.01%0.5%5%25%50%
10-Jul 585974177 
7-Jun 572664263 
8-May 5732151129   
7-Apr 572463162   
7-Mar 561924248 
8-Feb 55228292 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Well, a rough calculation on maximum possible worst-extreme ...

Bravo Leaderboard (All Time) has nearly 7500 users.  We know PM has more than that, these are only the ones who've ever earned at least 1 Bravo on the community forum.  Many of these users are retired, but going to assume they're still a parameter, and besides I don't feel like clicking and counting.  All fractions rounded towards worst-extreme.

Top 0.1% = 8 at $10 = $80

Top 0.5% = 30 at $6 = $180

Top 5% = 337 at $4 = $1348

Top 25% = 1500 at $2 = $3000

Top 50% = 1875 at $1 = $1875

Bottom 50% = 3750 = $0 (No reward)

Oracles = 6 at $10 = $60

Maximum possible worst-extreme = $6543

Actual costs must be lower = ~$1309 after applying 80/20 estimation rule.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo

Never apologize for being unsane!  A lot of extra stairs, but the penthouse view makes it all worthwhile.

mimmo

@Korth  sorry, i only did it for 4-5 months i think.  it was a curiosity. it didnt take much time.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo

I commend your effort.  Although, lol, I do also begin to wonder about your sanity (as much when you started this project as whatever was left when you finished it).

That's a whole lot of time and tedium to obtain a result of dubious accuracy which has little purpose beyond satisfying idle curiosity, lol.

mimmo

@Korth @@i Did that back in August I think. But can't find my original post 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I've had brief flurries of activity to Top 0.5% or 5% ... which gradually shifted down to 25% and 50% (and no lower) during long periods of inactivity.  It seems that whatever formula assigns these reward brackets is weighted for contributions over previous cycles.  And I think it's almost logarithmic, not linear.

I suppose someone could go through the entire community list (~7500 members) and count up all the Top% badges (across several cycles) to figure it all out, lol any takers?

mimmo

Had this discussion long ago.  And no real answer or change came from it.  My best guess is that the % are just representations and not actual calculations.

It was suggested to change the numbers to gold silver bronze etc.

The numbers get even stranger when more people get the 25% then the 50% level.  I showed  several examples of inconsistencies and didn't really get a good acceptable answer that made sence.

nexusfan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thats seems too low...where did this info come from?

nexusfan

Congrats to all!.....

Thats very cheap for PM.....LOL

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

AWESOME!!!

Congrats to all the winners for doing their best in positively contributing to the PM Community.  Congrats to the newer 0.5% members, I hope to get there one day Smiley Happy

@NDesai because it is the most obvious / easiest way to start forcing people to migrate to Koodo

Even a normal person would never migrate since they pay $40 per month but get at least -$3 (loyalty & autopay) to $37

It's not like other brands have not done similar in recent months (Dec Chatr / Rogers removed rewards & last month Koodo changed thiers as well)

Also then once they get a large portion of subs to move over the refer rewards start going away (as people port) and community reward pool shrinks substantially (as less of us are posting here)

It's coming mark my words

@NDesaiwrote:

Why are you folks thinking they might remove rewards? I don't think that will happen at least with the referral and community rewards. They offer only community based support and we help them alot to solve simple questions and many other advices. People would be calling support for all those inquiries. So, paying the community rewards to us is nothing compare to the help we provide. As for the referral rewards, most carriers have this and it helps them to bring more customers. They might think to change them, but i am sure they won't remove. 

@ShawnC13 & @ute1978

Take a look over at Koodo forums

I strongly suspect that is direction we are going

Top % rewards will be only for Oracles

And on Koodo forums if an Oracle is not active (eg not in top5 whatever for bravos / kudos) they strip the Oracle of their status and save paying them

Refer credits are far too lucrative (esp for long time people like me) since they stay essentially forever

And Loyalty rewards are decimated by any price increases they give us

X-Files
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats to all reward recipients...Robot winkRobot winkRobot wink

I participate because I still enjoy it. BUT PM is incredibly cheap with its community payouts. I'm getting the same payout for just 1/2 as much participation on a UK forum. Would do even better if I could get referrals there. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ute1978wrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

@CalvinW assuming rewards are not removed / changed

It seems like that is next step

@kav2001cI hope they are keeping at least the community rewards... I calculated and for the top contributors in January PM "only" paid out a total of $541.

pm jan.PNG

That is a pretty cheap customer service payroll compared to hiring full time equivalent people.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai is absolutely right.  The amount paid out monthly for community rewards is peanuts compared to the additional cost of adding support reps (moderators).  PM would be foolish to abandon this (almost) free support system.

Why are you folks thinking they might remove rewards? I don't think that will happen at least with the referral and community rewards. They offer only community based support and we help them alot to solve simple questions and many other advices. People would be calling support for all those inquiries. So, paying the community rewards to us is nothing compare to the help we provide. As for the referral rewards, most carriers have this and it helps them to bring more customers. They might think to change them, but i am sure they won't remove. 

ute1978

@kav2001cwrote:

@kav2001cI hope they are keeping at least the community rewards... I calculated and for the top contributors in January PM "only" paid out a total of $541.

pm jan.PNG

matbasm

I'm sure that was not what they had in mind when the rewards system was put in place.

Cat Frustrated

CalvinW

Like everyone previously said, PM is essentially just handing out rewards to us for criticizing them haha

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.  Top contributors, but contributing to what...

And before anyone attacks me, I realize that any participation is good, and bravos are given at the discretion of the giver, regardles of the message being bravoed.

CalvinW

With such an active forum these past few days, everyone is going to be a top contributor next month lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001cwrote:

Whoa there @kav2001c.  No rewards?  That would mean the community would likely die off, which would mean they would need to hire more staff, etc, etc, etc.  Not pleasant.  Ouch.

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001cwrote:

Hope not. 

claudinelaperle

bravo !!

Need Help? Let's chat.