cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors – December 2020

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 4 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 14 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 17 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total 696 accepted solutions in December. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Andu_S_0-1605010771259.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Andu_S_1-1605010771262.png

74 REPLIES 74

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yay I got a buck! Well done everyone!

I miss the Leaderboard... It only tracked Bravos received but it was always a decent proxy to see where you and others ranked.

Some made a big fuss over it believing it caused users to try to game the system. Though there were surely some who tried. my thinking is...who cares? The amount of money involved and for the very few that may have succeeded in improving their results (and even that is debatable), it is so little that it is not such a big deal.

@Catherine_T  Please consider bringing it back.

Dolphin1

Congratulations to everyone 

@brodieonline wrote:

How much does it take to get in the top 50%?  My first month, I went onto the community several times, started a couple threads, accepted some solutions, replied to a few others.  I figured that had to be enough to get me above 50% of the people as I'd spent several hours on the community.  However, apparently it did not.  If it would take tens of hours to get in the top 50%... it certainly wouldn't be worth it for me.  Which is fine, but I had hoped to be able to get at least some additional discount.

How is top contributors determined?  Number of messages posted?  Number of bravos received?  Other?

@brodieonline I have said this before, if you are looking at a cost/time/benefit ratio, you will be way further ahead if you go pick up can and bottles for redemption.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brodieonline : The computation is not known although some people can figure it out.

But you wrote 13 posts in November. And got 5 bravos. No indeed, one would need a little more effort to get into 50%. It also fluctuates depending on the volume and others activity.

brodieonline
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much does it take to get in the top 50%?  My first month, I went onto the community several times, started a couple threads, accepted some solutions, replied to a few others.  I figured that had to be enough to get me above 50% of the people as I'd spent several hours on the community.  However, apparently it did not.  If it would take tens of hours to get in the top 50%... it certainly wouldn't be worth it for me.  Which is fine, but I had hoped to be able to get at least some additional discount.

How is top contributors determined?  Number of messages posted?  Number of bravos received?  Other?

jivetalker

Thank you for all your hard work and help on the community everybody. Congratulations!

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I must be getting old or I had one of those senior moments. I could have sworn I had already posted congratulations in this thread. Apparently not. So congratulations everybody for all your hard work the community appreciates it. And I appreciate it too!

@Nezgar thanks for the updated info! please do that again for the following month so we can all stay updated 👍 

@darlicious wrote:

@Nezgar 

Good pointers/reminders of what's been learned or missed learning in December. That might make a cool little thread that gets updated each month. "Nezgar's monthly nuances" where the occasional user can quickly catch up on the "small victories" at pm that don't get a splashy announcement but are just as important to anyone needing it resolved.

“Nezgar’s Network Nuances” or just “Nezgar’s Network”.

AE_Collector 

@Nezgar 

Good pointers/reminders of what's been learned or missed learning in December. That might make a cool little thread that gets updated each month. "Nezgar's monthly nuances" where the occasional user can quickly catch up on the "small victories" at pm that don't get a splashy announcement but are just as important to anyone needing it resolved.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Congrats to all the contributors, and also thankful to be one of the "17" -- my bill this month will only cost me $1.00 😛 @darlicious has some amazing forum reward stats sleuthing skills!

Some interesting new events/things learned from December:

• Short Code SMS's started costing 10c each, and then resolved.
  • Not all Telus phones work with PM when locked. (Probably just really old ones)
  • Problems with US roaming addons resolved
  • Still too many reports of sim-jacked accounts... But the forum responses to those affected appear to be quickly helping those affected with clear direction.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you for all who contributed! You are the best!

cbenny13

Great system! Congratulations, all.

@Anonymous lol, it wasn't a fluke. you were always headed in that direction, it was just unfortunate pm was only rewarding 2 members a month. 

hopefully pm sticks with this formulation. this will entice members to learn and contribute more 👍

all we're missing for 2021 is a higher throttle limit 2+0+2+1=5mb lol. just update it in the background so lucky and chatr don't know 🤫

@pm-smayer97  Serious lol. 

EDIT. - Hope you seen the message. Have to keep it under wraps before it goes bye bye. If you did not see response. PM me.

@Jb456 wrote:

@pm-smayer97  there's still one leaderboard up for grabs. I'm gunning for it lol.

sorry but I think I am missing something in your comment. What do you mean?

(joke, sarcasm, serious?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Oh sure now you have to be nice to me......lol it would be my pleasure! Lucky timing....

@darlicious 

I don't recall saying anything not-nice about your stats collecting and calculating.

@Anonymous 

Oh sure now you have to be nice to me......lol it would be my pleasure! Lucky timing....

@pm-smayer97  there's still one leaderboard up for grabs. I'm gunning for it lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@Anonymous 

well done, well done! 👏. it's about time "old yeller" 🤣

we all know that was a fluke though 😉

@gpixel 

It WAS a fluke. I thought it was a slow month that would get me to top 10%. My eyebrows rose when I saw the top 1%.

Maybe darlicious could pm me my stats from the end of November. I somehow managed to forget it that month so I had nothing valid to compare to for the end of December.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congrats on the achievements

chrisbasm

Congrats to the top contributors, and everyone who participates.

fdrcamb519

@matbasm 

@matbasm wrote:

Well done everyone.  Have been away with big brother Koodo for a while.  Glad to be back here.

Welcome back !!!!!!!!!!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations everyone. Keep up the good work.

matbasm

Well done everyone.  Have been away with big brother Koodo for a while.  Glad to be back here.

@Anonymous 

well done, well done! 👏. it's about time "old yeller" 🤣

we all know that was a fluke though 😉

Brent_liza1

Thank you everyone for your hard work. Makes the community amazing. 

P.S. I miss the Leader Boards.

Need Help? Let's chat.