Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors – December 2019

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

December 2019 EN.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracle.png

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

Top 1%.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

Top 5%.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for December! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

REWARDS CHARTS EN.PNG

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

BRAVOS.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.png

93 REPLIES 93

@CannonFodder  @popping  @Jb456  I noticed they were added this morning....its a tough road trying to remain at the top....including the bravo leaderboard.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@AE_Collector  So, are ya gettin' antsy about the Jan. Top Contributors announcement yet? 😉  🤣 

@CannonFodder  it's already credited to your account..just log in and you can see what you ranked.

Oh, I know, I've seen it already, since someone mentioned it last night, but @AE_Collector was gettin' kind of annoyed it took them so long to get last month's announcement out. 😄

@CannonFodder 😝😂

@Jb456 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@AE_Collector  So, are ya gettin' antsy about the Jan. Top Contributors announcement yet? 😉  🤣 

@CannonFodder  it's already credited to your account..just log in and you can see what you ranked.

Oh, I know, I've seen it already, since someone mentioned it last night, but @AE_Collector was gettin' kind of annoyed it took them so long to get last month's announcement out. 😄

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CannonFodder wrote:

Check your community reward on your overview page.  It was distributed last night.  But the offical announcement will take a few days depending on how busy the moderator team is.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@pm-smayer97 @popping 

I heard back from the moderators as well. I was told they hope to have it all up and properly applying community rewards within 10 days (9 now). I received another message today that my additional $5 had been applied but....as a consequence they had noticed 3 of my referrals had left and they will have to fix this glitch in my account. This was reported by another member when they added the missing community reward. One step forward two steps back. I suggest anyone who thinks they may lose referrals to decide if the missing community reward amount is worth the possible loss of referral rewards....best to just wait and see if it fixes itself before asking for a missing partial community reward.

@popping wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

OK. so heard back from PM mods...bad news was dealing with mods...the usual multiple attempts to authenticate (even though I used SIMon and the authentication link they sent me) then followed by the typical "please tell us your problem" when I already gave the details, and their inability to follow a follow-up message that contained the additional info they wanted (due to very bad tracking system of conversation threads on the back end), and their inability to handle more than one issue at a time (I had another open issue running in parallel). UGH! These are just some of the reaons I have learned to SO dislike dealing with mods, the ticketing system, the terrible private message system in this forum for communication, etc.

Anyway, the good news is that after all that, they did honour the missing Community Rewards. So that was a good outcome...and I did not have to argue with them this time. PHEW!

All that for a measly $3... 😕

So much aggravation that I find myself cutting back on pursuing issues...

Anyway, just reporting back as promised.

P.S. Sorry for the venting.

I always saved all the messages that I sent and rereceive in sequence in a text file.  I update the file before reply to moderator.  Who ever read my latest reply will know what was said before - i.e. the whole story without reading previous messages.

Yes, LONG ago I learned to do likewise....repeatedly copying the ENTIRE thread of discussion...believe me when I say that they STILL find a way to not get it. I can share stories...  😞

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

OK. so heard back from PM mods...bad news was dealing with mods...the usual multiple attempts to authenticate (even though I used SIMon and the authentication link they sent me) then followed by the typical "please tell us your problem" when I already gave the details, and their inability to follow a follow-up message that contained the additional info they wanted (due to very bad tracking system of conversation threads on the back end), and their inability to handle more than one issue at a time (I had another open issue running in parallel). UGH! These are just some of the reaons I have learned to SO dislike dealing with mods, the ticketing system, the terrible private message system in this forum for communication, etc.

Anyway, the good news is that after all that, they did honour the missing Community Rewards. So that was a good outcome...and I did not have to argue with them this time. PHEW!

I always saved all the messages that I sent and rereceive in sequence in a text file.  I update the file before reply to moderator.  Who ever read my latest reply will know what was said before - i.e. the whole story without reading previous messages.

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@pm-smayer97 what we the mods response when you contacted them about it ?

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@DanielleMarie wrote:

Congrats everyone and thank you for your service! You make this community awesome! 😄

I still have 3 badges for December so I'm not sure which I'll end up with. Probably 50% since I have 2 of those. Heh. Thanks PM! All your hard work is appreciated!

Yup...totally confused too...received and still showing 3 badges. I think I figured it out from self-serv but can't be totally sure if this will change.

Anyway, congrats to all. Keep helping out others.

And sure enough, I was originally given one amount for Community Reward only to have it be changed when my renewal happened. Not nice.

Usually I will fight for any amount if there is a just principle to address. But with PM, I have grown tired of the pushback, even when they are proven to be wrong. And in many case PM resorts to silence. So it just is not worth the effort for the small difference, especially one-of situations, such as this one. If it happens again, I might pursue it.

EDIT:  because of your post, I decided to pursue it. I'll report back...though I suspect I know how they will answer.

@pm-smayer97  @DanielleMarie   This sounds like this might be a widespread issue with anyone who had their original reward changed to reflect the accurate one. Maybe the system cant read the changed amount. I saw the conversion happen before my very eyes. Snapped a screenshot of the before and after about a minute apart. You are not alone!

@gblackma  almost missed you...you too!

Yes they apparently coded something incorrectly related to the messed up December awards. When the renewal happened my credit was cut in half. The moderators quickly fixed it up.

Many people were initially incorrectly given a higher reward than what they were intended to get. PM said they would honour the higher amount. But it doesn't seem related to that specifically because I was awarded an amount that I hung on to after others were removed from the level I was at yet my reward still dropped at renewal. Some sort of coding issue. 

We know it isn't that they are trying to pull one over on us because they always own up to errors and award the higher amount. And there was a mess up in wording of a promo in November that they opened up to everyone though it wasn't originally intended. It is simply errors in the programming that causes these glitches. They offer far more rewards than most providers and if they didn't offer so many perks they wouldn't have so many errors! We don't want the perks to go away so when we find errors we need to contact the moderators to have them fixed and hopefully their 2020 program of upgrades will fix much of this stuff.

JMHO.... AE_Collector

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@DanielleMarie wrote:

Congrats everyone and thank you for your service! You make this community awesome! 😄

I still have 3 badges for December so I'm not sure which I'll end up with. Probably 50% since I have 2 of those. Heh. Thanks PM! All your hard work is appreciated!

Yup...totally confused too...received and still showing 3 badges. I think I figured it out from self-serv but can't be totally sure if this will change.

And sure enough, I was originally given one amount for Community Reward only to have it be changed when my renewal happened. Not nice.

Usually I will fight for any amount if there is a just principle to address. But with PM, I have grown tired of the pushback, even when they are proven to be wrong. And in many case PM resorts to silence. So it just is not worth the effort for the small difference, especially one-of situations, such as this one. If it happens again, I might pursue it.

EDIT:  because of your post, I decided to pursue it. I'll report back...though I suspect I know how they will answer.

@pm-smayer97  @DanielleMarie   This sounds like this might be a widespread issue with anyone who had their original reward changed to reflect the accurate one. Maybe the system cant read the changed amount. I saw the conversion happen before my very eyes. Snapped a screenshot of the before and after about a minute apart. You are not alone!

@gblackma  almost missed you...you too!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Toost wrote:

As a newcomer to PM I am so happy to use all your knowledge! If I have any questions I will let you know. Thanks in advance for your wisdom 😉

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Enjoy the savings!

Toost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As a newcomer to PM I am so happy to use all your knowledge! If I have any questions I will let you know. Thanks in advance for your wisdom 😉

@gblackma wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@DanielleMarie wrote:

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shiblee  When you logon to my account, scroll down a little to where it that says learn more about community. Click there and you can learn a lot!

JenL

@NaviWireless   People respond to posts, they bravo posts, they accept solutions, they refer friends. If you want more information go to my account, then go to learn more about the community. It will tell you there how you can get your bill down to $0.

smiley3

Good work all!!!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Am a month behind, so congratulations to the December 2019 top contributors

And congratulations to the January 2020 contributors too...it'll probably be the same people again in December! 

BestFriend

Praise the top contributors! They rule!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should start your own thread.  Have you tried to reboot your phone ?  What it the status in your account ?

CG2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my number last night and my network still isn't working 

NQP-Click

Thank you for pointing out the Bravos leaderboard. I did not know this existed.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to help in the community whenever you can and the rewards will come. A lot of knowledge will be aquired along the way which can then be used to benefit the community to a greater extent.

@shiblee wrote:

Hello Everyone, Being new is sometimes interesting either be quiet or ask someone, again the question may sound silly. Anyways, I am wondering how to count the top contributor or be one, so I know how to play the game here? 

Thanks

Public Mobile does not reveal how EXACTLY you get counted but the key is getting your posts to be recognized for being meaningful via Bravos, your answer being selected as the Solution to a problem some posts, etc. essentially by contirbuting meaningful content.

You can follow along somewhat by looking at the Leaderboard found in the middle of the home page of this fourm:

Bravos Leaderboard

It is not a perfect representation but does give you a sense of where you and others are.

@shiblee wrote:

Hello Everyone, Being new is sometimes interesting either be quiet or ask someone, again the question may sound silly. Anyways, I am wondering how to count the top contributor or be one, so I know how to play the game here? 

Thanks

Read, learn, respond to questions to assist other members.

shiblee

Thanks

shiblee

I like this - how-to message the mod.

Need Help? Let's chat.